City-Off: Europe (Stockholm/Kiev) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:01:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  Survivor
  City-Off: Europe (Stockholm/Kiev) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: City-Off: Europe (Stockholm/Kiev)  (Read 14992 times)
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« on: April 09, 2010, 06:08:06 PM »
« edited: April 09, 2010, 06:20:44 PM by Edu »

IN
Dublin, Ireland
Naples, Italy
Palermo, Italy
Helsinki, Finland
Budapest, Hungary

OUT
Cologne, Germany
Brussels, Belgium

EDIT: Budapest isn't here? well, ill change my vote then Tongue
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 01:04:00 AM »

Geneva seems nice, but Paris is the obvious choice here. I went there last year and i loved the city, i even saw the finishing laps of the Tour de France from my hotel window Grin (the hotel was 1 block away from the Louvre).

if that wasn't clear enough, i vote for Paris, France Tongue
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 11:51:03 AM »

Why? I mean, it's such a beautiful city with quite a bit of history Sad
I'm just curious Smiley
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 11:16:58 PM »

WTF man? two of the most beautiful cities I've visited running against each other? Sad
I've been to Athens in 2001. I thought that the acropolis was going to be a disappointment but I'm very glad i was wrong, i found it amazing and i stayed almost a full day just walking around the place. This shows how much i loved it, especially considering that it was July and i got temperatures of about 37ºC or 38ºC Tongue. The city is also very nice, pity i went there during the summer, the heat is very annoying. Although that week i also went to Ephesus and the heat was much worse there, so maybe i got lucky Grin
Oh yeah, and i experienced a mild earthquake one day. I noticed the bed was shaking and i immediately got dressed and went to the lobby in a mild state of panic. Of course when i got downstairs everyone was acting normal and a guy told me these mild earthquakes happen all the time Tongue

I travelled to Prague more recently and thankfully the weather was fine Tongue. It's arguably the most beautiful city I've been to, i absolutely loved it. I spent most of the days just walking around those narrow streets, stopping to eat something and then walking some more. If i had to described everything i liked about the city i could spend hours doing it. It's currently on my list of cities that i HAVE to go back sometime.

I'm going to have to vote Prague. It has better weather Grin (although i never experienced a Prague winter but according to my mom, who went a few years before me, it wasn't THAT bad)
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 01:08:09 AM »

Been to Milan several times, but just to the airport, i haven't seen the city Tongue

But on the other hand St Petersburg is one of my favorite cities and one of the few i visited more than twice. I absolutely love it and i never experienced any kind of problem there. Every time i went to Russia i had to make a stop there, it's just irresistible to me. I always went during summer, so i haven't experienced the harsh winters, maybe i could change my mind after that. It is similar to Venice in the sense that it has lots of rivers and canals (it is built over a swamp after all) and the architecture of every friggin building i saw was beyond amazing. I can't really find bad things to say about it.

This is a crap round because Milan also looks spectacular, but I'll have to go with one of my favorite cities. So, I vote St Petersburg
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 03:18:30 PM »

Both Beautiful cities. I've been to Warsaw once when i toured all around Poland, but London is another one of my favorites, i've been there 3 times in 10 years.

So i vote London
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 05:25:13 PM »

Warsaw, duh. I can't vote against my home.

I wonder how many of you actually ever been there and had chance to see anything.

People are saying this is a though round mate, it's not like this is an easy vote for London Tongue

And i liked Gdańsk better to be honest, though Warsaw was a close second Smiley
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 10:41:03 PM »

I went to Belgium last year and while most of my week and a half was based on Bruges, i also spent a couple of days in Brussels and compared to Bruges it was kind of dull. On the other hand, i greatly enjoyed my short stay (4 days) in Copenhagen.

I vote Copenhagen.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 12:13:29 PM »

I've never been to Portugal, certainly a place i would want to go to in the future.
But i enjoyed Berlin a lot, spent a little more than a week and a half there. I was much more of a history buff back then than nowadays and i remember feeling like i had drank 50 red bulls during the time i spent there Grin Some cop gave

I vote Berlin
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 11:04:21 PM »

I've been twice to Madrid. Once in the middle of summer of 2008 (i remember watching the opening ceremony of the olympic games there) and the heat was killing me. Then i went in winter and i freezed my butt all week. But despite that i really liked the city and it was good to finally being able to speak my first language when i traveled Tongue

I vote Madrid.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 01:48:37 AM »

Some people here might know that i love Russia and Moscow is one of the cities i visited more than once in my life. Never went to Amsterdam so this is pretty easy for me Grin
Though i think Moscow will lose Tongue

I vote Moscow
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 11:10:28 PM »

Been to both, but while Helsinki is a very nice city, Rome is another one of my favorites, plus about half of my family was from there before they came to Argentina in the 19th century (the other half is from Sicily and i have one relative that came from Spain) so i have an extra incentive to vote for it Grin

I vote Rome easily.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 12:23:17 PM »

I've been to different parts of Spain over the years, but not to Barcelona. The city is beautiful according to friends of mine. But it doesn't stand a chance against Vienna which is one of the most beautiful cities I've been to. It was a hot summer and i remember the hotel not having air conditioning, but that didn't deter me from enjoying the city Grin

I vote Vienna
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 01:25:42 AM »

I loved Budapest when i went over there (the same year i went to Poland) and frankly while Oslo looks nice it doesn't appear that much more appealing. Plus i met a girl there that made my opinion of my visit improve quite a lot Grin

I strongly vote for Budapest.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 01:36:55 AM »

Never been to Munich (i have travelled to the north of Germany mostly, like Berlin or Rostock, but never to the south as far as i know Tongue). I visited Istambul in 2001 and it was very interesting, it's probably one of the cities i would like to go back sometime.

I vote Byzantium Tongue
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 02:28:17 AM »

Damn it! another hard one.
Been to both and i could certainly retire to any of them. But while Dublin was probably the city in Ireland i liked the best, Glasgow while nice, wasn't the best in Scotland (i liked Edinburgh and Inverness better).

So, i have to vote Dublin in this one Sad
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 01:51:22 AM »

I've only visited the Frankfurt airport and not much else and i have never been to Zagreb but i'll try to make this competitive. Plus i heard good things about it.

I vote Zagreb
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies