The Pentagon knows when explosives were taken
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:38:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  The Pentagon knows when explosives were taken
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Pentagon knows when explosives were taken  (Read 2960 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2004, 02:06:34 AM »
« edited: October 28, 2004, 02:21:51 AM by jfern »

The military has much better photos than this.

The Pentagon and Bush know when it was taken.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Here's a link to more information
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/02/powell-slides/images/15-350h.jpg

Here's a photo of much worse quality than the Pentagon has

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 09:42:33 AM »

But I thought Iraq never had WMDs? lol
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 09:54:32 AM »

The military may be able to take brilliant photos, but there are only a certain number of KH satellites and Predator drones.

Since these things tend to be in low-earth orbit, you can only get a picture every 90 minutes or so and of a certain point every day or so. It's not like on TV, where you can get live feed.

The KHs were probably being tasked on the Iraqi military up in Tikrit.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 12:20:36 PM »

The photos only have to show trucks parked around there.
shankbear

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 12:34:45 PM »

Can anybody please explain why the New York Times would print that they interviewed 3 or 4 Iraqis about this weapons stuff?  Did they go trolling through the desert and find them and interview them?  Why don't they interview say.....members of the 3ID or the 101st?  The guys with the boots on the ground.

Their little hit piece hasn't scored.  Wait....maybe with the LIBS, Moveon crowd.
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 01:34:43 PM »

Can anybody please explain why the New York Times would print that they interviewed 3 or 4 Iraqis about this weapons stuff?  Did they go trolling through the desert and find them and interview them?  Why don't they interview say.....members of the 3ID or the 101st?  The guys with the boots on the ground.

Their little hit piece hasn't scored.  Wait....maybe with the LIBS, Moveon crowd.

Shank, you'd lose your faith in God before you stopped believing Bush could do no wrong vis-a-vis the Iraq War.
shankbear

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 01:44:52 PM »

Bush is merely a man.  I place my faith in no man and neither does President Bush.  Your apparent contempt for opposing views in this dialogue is sad.  Your point of view is apparent.....if we disagree with YOU collective then WE are wrong.

I have often disagreed with many Bush policies.  Our borders are pourous, our non-defense spending is a runaway freight train, etc.  I agree with the President because he has strength of convictions.  Mr. Kerry has shifted and changed horse midstream too many times.

The Times report is a poorly veiled attempt to aid the Kerry campaign.  How about the CBS TANG story, forgeries?   
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 02:22:41 PM »

Bush is merely a man.  I place my faith in no man and neither does President Bush.  Your apparent contempt for opposing views in this dialogue is sad.  Your point of view is apparent.....if we disagree with YOU collective then WE are wrong.

I have often disagreed with many Bush policies.  Our borders are pourous, our non-defense spending is a runaway freight train, etc.  I agree with the President because he has strength of convictions.  Mr. Kerry has shifted and changed horse midstream too many times.

The Times report is a poorly veiled attempt to aid the Kerry campaign.  How about the CBS TANG story, forgeries?   

The explosives are missing just like the NY TIme said.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 02:34:21 PM »

KSTP, Minneapolis- Discuss. I don't know whether they covered all the site or what.

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S3723.html?cat=1
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 02:52:57 PM »

And they were missingbefore the NYT things they were.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 02:57:13 PM »

The IAEA confirmed that they were still there shortly before the war. They definitely went missing because we invaded Iraq, and we took a couple of months to secure the area.
shankbear

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 04:23:13 PM »

they (NYT, DNC, KERRY, CBS)are putting Heinze catsup on that old story by now.  They are going to have to chew on that dog for a while.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2004, 04:24:02 PM »

they (NYT, DNC, KERRY, CBS)are putting Heinze catsup on that old story by now.  They are going to have to chew on that dog for a while.

Rumsfeld was unable to back up the Russia story.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2004, 04:34:12 PM »

The IAEA confirmed that they were still there shortly before the war. They definitely went missing because we invaded Iraq, and we took a couple of months to secure the area.

Oh, so now we are suppose to believe that it's Bush's fault that Saddam moved the weapons before the war started.
Bogart
bogart414
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -5.39

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 04:50:12 PM »

Talking to liberals is a trying experience. In a conversation I had with a friend of mine, just like here, Bush is to blame because Hussein moved the plastic explosive just before it became apparent that we were planning to invade. He ignores the fact that it would have taken at least 10 VERY obvious trucks to move this much of the stuff. Odd that all the soldiers didn't notice this.  Ah yes, but he wouldn't have had to move them if we hadn't invaded in the first place.

It's very much like the WMD thing in general. We didn't find them when we got there and started nosing around, therefore they didn't exist. Nevermind that we KNOW they existed because Hussein used them on the Iranians and the Kurds. My liberal friend actually asserted to me that Hussein interfered with weapons inspections for years just to be difficult. It seems to me that the explosives went the same place the WMD's went.  Well, still we shouldn't have invaded.

But, my liberal friend isn't opposed to the war for either of these reasons really. He told me he's against it because the military is disproportionatly made up of minorities, therefore the military action unfairly impacts minority communities. I couldn't bear to go on at this point...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies