Why does BRTD think South Park glorifies the smoking of tobacco? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:39:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Why does BRTD think South Park glorifies the smoking of tobacco? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why does BRTD think South Park glorifies the smoking of tobacco?  (Read 7509 times)
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -2.43

« on: April 23, 2010, 09:37:41 PM »

Where did this delusion of his come from?
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 09:39:45 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2010, 09:42:39 PM by Silent Spade »

"Butt Out" presents an anti-smoking message, while simultaneously lampooning the anti-smoking lobby.

Sounds like it doesn't glorify or promote smoking.
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 09:45:22 PM »

He has no right to obfuscate the truth.
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 09:51:58 PM »

Has he actually seen the episode or did he just read something about it?
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 09:54:59 PM »

Has he actually seen the episode or did he just read something about it?

Yes. I downloaded it because I read a lot of people on DU complaining about it.

I've not seen that on DU, but either way, why would you waste memory on what you consider right-wing propaganda? Did you find any of it humorous? What shows do you prefer?
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 09:59:16 PM »

Why do you care if someone makes fun of Family Guy, though? Do you own stock in it?

I might suggest Glenn Beck, if you are into watching and reading horrible thing because you find them humorous.
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 10:01:28 PM »

Why do you care if someone makes fun of Family Guy, though? Do you own stock in it?

I might suggest Glenn Beck, if you are into watching and reading horrible thing because you find them humorous.

I don't like it when people make fun of stuff I like.

I actually find Beck rather dull, though people riffing on him and owning him is quite funny usually. Much like Bill O'Reilly, he's boring instead of hilarious like Coulter, but Al Franken's ownage of him in his book was much funnier than even Coulter's stuff.

Am I safe in assuming you hate Catholics and Mormons, then?
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 10:02:41 PM »

8th grade was the good old days though.
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 10:03:46 PM »

BRTD, do you hate all tobacco or just Big Tobacco?
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 10:05:42 PM »

His opinions on South Park are quite horrible, I'm afraid.

I liked it when I was in 8th grade. Then I developed taste.

I'm not so sure. You still like Family Guy.

Family Guy isn't even funny. Plus all the musical breaks are irritating as hell.
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 10:06:35 PM »

BRTD, do you hate all tobacco or just Big Tobacco?

All of it. I find it disgusting. I was quite overjoyed when Minnesota banned it in public and I no longer have to return from bars with my clothes smelling disgusting.

I'm quite glad that at the house I lived in in the first half of 2008, my roommates let people smoke weed anywhere, but anyone smoking cigarettes had to go the garage or outside.

I just don't get how smoking tobacco is so "disgusting" but smoking weed is perfect.
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 10:10:17 PM »

I understand all of the above but that doesn't explain what is so disgusting. I don't even smoke tobacco but I fail to see how smoking a plant can be disgusting depending on such subjective characteristics. There is tobacco out there that is free of all the carcinogens and sh**t that Big Tobacco adds.
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 10:35:12 PM »

Is it really a mystery why BRTD has an anti-South Park fetish?

Yes, his numerous obsessions are a mystery, but that's only because it's not legal to dissect a living human's brain for study.
If you look at his other obsessions, I'm sure you could make the connections as to why he would hate South Park. It isn't that difficult.

I think this forum has a BRTD obsession.

BRTD's the one making 50,000 plus posts on the forum.
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 10:42:28 PM »

Yes, his numerous obsessions are a mystery, but that's only because it's not legal to dissect a living human's brain for study.
If you look at his other obsessions, I'm sure you could make the connections as to why he would hate South Park. It isn't that difficult.

You and many others constantly make threads about him, whine about BRTD being a troll, and attack him all of the time without being provoked etc. He's an interesting/polarizing character. It doesn't mean you have to have tantrumgasms about him.

The same is somewhat true with Lief and Vepres.

This is the only time I've ever made a thread about him, which is more about South park than him personally, and I don't see how I called him a troll, attacked him, or any other nonsense you claim, and I haven't seen others doing it too. But I sure do wish I had a yes-man like he does.
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 10:46:38 PM »

You and many others constantly make threads about him, whine about BRTD being a troll, and attack him all of the time without being provoked etc. He's an interesting/polarizing character. It doesn't mean you have to have tantrumgasms about him.

The same is somewhat true with Lief and Vepres.

This is the only time I've ever made a thread about him, which is more about South park than him personally, and I don't see how I called him a troll, attacked him, or any other nonsense you claim, and I haven't seen others doing it too. But I sure do wish I had a yes-man like he does.
I could bring up examples but don't care enough to do so. I'm exaggerating a bit too. Maybe you haven't done this but plenty of others do. By the way, I'm not a yes-man. I like BRTD but I think he has plenty of idiotic views and oddities.

Fair enough but I didn't make this thread to attack anyone, I wanted to know what's up with the hate towards South Park and I don't think BRTD interpreted this thread as an attack either since we went back and forth with serious posts. What others do is their prerogative.
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 11:12:46 PM »

Yeah I don't really care about this thread, man. I'm mostly annoyed with people ignoring valid commentary from certain people here and hijacking threads with poster bashing. That will always happen and it is pointless for me to complain about it but it's one of the flaws of the Atlas.

Welcome to the internet dude.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies