Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 03:10:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
Author Topic: Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June!  (Read 30199 times)
live free or die
vane
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -4.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2010, 11:54:20 PM »

You have my endorsement. afleitch has been embarrassingly inactive, and Smid, too (I expected Smid to be, though). I trust that you two can bring the necessarily clash and policy debate that will energize this dead and, well, boring game.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2010, 03:48:49 AM »

Probably one of the best policies for getting out of recession. I shall be voting for you in June.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2010, 07:29:07 AM »

As Marokai alluded to earlier, today we will be rolling out two pillars of our platform to give you a taste of our intentions if elected. This post that I have written involves game reform for the Department of Forum Affairs. Marokai will post a document he has written on getting our economy back on track in the post-recession world.

We welcome any and all questions and comments.

Game Reform: Streamlining Forum Affairs

We currently face a crisis in the fundamentals of the game that, if left unaddressed, can create the opportunity for confusion and decay in our institutions. This problem is not one that can be solved by a presidential decree or a simple resolution, it is not one that any individual can solve on their own.

The Department of Forum Affairs has become too big and too complex for most Atlasians to understand and we can only fix this problem with a sustained, collective effort to streamline and simplify the process.

The guidelines for the two divisions of the DoFA, the Census Bureau and the Department of Federal Elections, are scattered throughout the game and Wiki. Some pages meant to centralize this information are woefully out of date and may actually mislead Atlasians that genuinely wish to learn the system. This not only makes our game increasingly difficult to manage effectively, but it also discourages new members from getting involved.

Before I go any further, let me give you a visual image of exactly what I mean when I say that our system is too complex and too scattered. The chart below is a representation of those parts of the Atlasian Constitution (not even looking at the statute) that govern the DoFA:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

There are at least 11 clauses in our Constitution that impact the DoFA and have been amended at least once. Of those, 4 have been amended more than once. This doesn't include the clauses that have not been amended, nor does it go into the various changes to the statutes that the DoFA must understand and abide by. This wouldn't be a problem if it were all labeled correctly and centrally located. It is not.

Such a system is untenable and so we must respond with urgency. If elected, my first act as President will be to call for the creation of an emergency DoFA reform task force empowered by the Senate to streamline the system. This task force will first identify and remove redundancy and contradictions within the system, as well as compile a single document that clearly and comprehensively centralizes all DoFA related statutes. That compilation will the be placed on the Wiki and in the first post of every DoFA thread henceforth to provide ease of access.

Once this job is complete, the task force will be given the job of ensuring that all Wiki sections dealing with the DoFA, including amendments to the Constitution, provide correct information and are labeled properly.

Some of you may ask if this is possible. They say the system is too big to change! They say the problem is too large to fix! They say we don't do "comprehensive" well! But I know that this can be done, because I have done it before.

A VASTLY needed measure.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2010, 07:39:04 AM »

I must say, I am extremely impressed by this campaign so far.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2010, 03:25:59 PM »

You have my endorsement. afleitch has been embarrassingly inactive, and Smid, too (I expected Smid to be, though). I trust that you two can bring the necessarily clash and policy debate that will energize this dead and, well, boring game.

Thanks Hammie.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2010, 03:30:24 PM »

Thanks Hammie.
Unless he's undergoing a personality crisis, I can't see Hamilton ever supporting a PurpleState/MarokaiBlue ticket...
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2010, 05:08:06 PM »

vane IS hamilton.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2010, 05:09:03 PM »

Yeah, I think it's already been established that vane is Hamilton. Don't be so naive, tmth.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2010, 05:12:51 PM »

My main reservation about this ticket is that I fear we'll end up with a boring election, but I suppose we'll have to see. Well, other than my feelings about unity tickets of course... Wink
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2010, 06:14:56 PM »

I think others are capable of doing the job, Vepres. Tongue

Nope.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2010, 06:19:26 PM »

Well, they better start training then, because PS isn't going to be here forever either way. Wink
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2010, 01:50:49 PM »

I would hope he won't be around for long.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2010, 05:56:42 PM »

Well, they better start training then, because PS isn't going to be here forever either way. Wink

Oh, I have no doubt that No One is training right this minute! Grin
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2010, 10:49:33 PM »

Thanks everyone for the support. If you have any comments or thoughts about our policy proposals, feel free to post here or get in touch privately.

Oh, I have no doubt that No One is training right this minute! Grin

They should get started soon. Wink

As MB said, whether I win in June or not, I can't do the job of GM forever; it wouldn't be right to make it "my" office. Other people deserve the chance to gain that experience and leave their own mark on the game. So prospective GMs: Start...your...engines!
live free or die
vane
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2010, 10:50:24 PM »

I'd be willing to serve as Game Moderator.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2010, 10:51:45 PM »

I'd be willing to serve as Game Moderator.

live free or die
vane
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2010, 11:09:04 PM »

if you have a point, make it.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2010, 11:14:26 PM »

BK made it for me.

And I will not further engage with you as I have better things to do and apparently you do not.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2010, 11:26:06 PM »

I suspect almost everyone would like to have PS continue as GM if he's not elected president.

Except those who might prefer a GM who's fair, impartial, and has a clue about economics.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2010, 11:28:19 PM »

I suspect almost everyone would like to have PS continue as GM if he's not elected president.

Except those who might prefer a GM who's fair, impartial, and has a clue about economics.

Purple State actually does a ton of research for all his work and he ought to be commended on that. I only wish you put a fraction of the work he puts into his GM posts into yours.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2010, 12:31:50 AM »

Such as...?
live free or die
vane
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2010, 01:53:03 AM »

Such as...?

Me.
live free or die
vane
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2010, 01:55:22 AM »

Serious question: Why did Purple State stop posting around the forum once he got into Fantasy politics? Well over 90% of his posts are on the Fantasy elections and fantasy Government boards. It just seems odd for someone to join the site posting like a normal person and then stop once they register in Atlasia (let's pretend that his entry to Atlasia wasn't at all suspicious).
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2010, 10:02:25 AM »
« Edited: May 02, 2010, 10:08:43 AM by Bacon King »

Serious question: Why did Purple State stop posting around the forum once he got into Fantasy politics? Well over 90% of his posts are on the Fantasy elections and fantasy Government boards. It just seems odd for someone to join the site posting like a normal person and then stop once they register in Atlasia (let's pretend that his entry to Atlasia wasn't at all suspicious).

LOL

LOL LOL

You are seriously insinuating that PurpleState posts on the forum just because of his ambition to become the powerless head honcho in an imaginary political game, and that this desire has led him through years of planning, Machiavellian strategy, and extreme personality-masking? You, of all people, are suggesting this? You, Hamilton, the man that joined Atlasia, recruited zombie voters galore, personally destroyed the RPP from within, attempted to make political deals to give PiT the presidency, masterminded a vote-shuffling plan that put the entire northeastern region in your pocket?

I'll admit that PurpleState's push to restart the GM Office seemed a bit self-serving, considering he's been GM ever since- but that's really irrelevant; when he was trying to restart the office he let it be known to everyone he thought he could make a great Game Moderator- and look, he has! Without a shred of personal gain, I might add. Really, PS has always been one to put Atlasia first and himself second, always trying to make the game more fun rather than, I don't know, plotting to have the most power in a pretend politics game on the internet.

This is like "the pot calling the kettle black", except instead of being black the "kettle" is actually a rather large white chinaware plate with a fancy blue pattern around the edges. Also, the pot's been thrown out the window because it was moldy and giving the kitchen a bad smell so now it's shouting its accusations by pretending to be a baking tray.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2010, 10:37:28 AM »

PS has been one of the best people Atlasia has recently.  If he loses the Presidency (and hopefully he won't), then I very much want him to stay as GM; likewise with Marokai on the Supreme Court.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies