Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:12:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June!  (Read 30052 times)
live free or die
vane
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -4.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2010, 11:46:57 AM »

Serious question: Why did Purple State stop posting around the forum once he got into Fantasy politics? Well over 90% of his posts are on the Fantasy elections and fantasy Government boards. It just seems odd for someone to join the site posting like a normal person and then stop once they register in Atlasia (let's pretend that his entry to Atlasia wasn't at all suspicious).

LOL

LOL LOL

You are seriously insinuating that PurpleState posts on the forum just because of his ambition to become the powerless head honcho in an imaginary political game, and that this desire has led him through years of planning, Machiavellian strategy, and extreme personality-masking? You, of all people, are suggesting this? You, Hamilton, the man that joined Atlasia, recruited zombie voters galore, personally destroyed the RPP from within, attempted to make political deals to give PiT the presidency, masterminded a vote-shuffling plan that put the entire northeastern region in your pocket?

I'll admit that PurpleState's push to restart the GM Office seemed a bit self-serving, considering he's been GM ever since- but that's really irrelevant; when he was trying to restart the office he let it be known to everyone he thought he could make a great Game Moderator- and look, he has! Without a shred of personal gain, I might add. Really, PS has always been one to put Atlasia first and himself second, always trying to make the game more fun rather than, I don't know, plotting to have the most power in a pretend politics game on the internet.

This is like "the pot calling the kettle black", except instead of being black the "kettle" is actually a rather large white chinaware plate with a fancy blue pattern around the edges. Also, the pot's been thrown out the window because it was moldy and giving the kitchen a bad smell so now it's shouting its accusations by pretending to be a baking tray.

That's one way to put it.

I just thought that with all those complaints about people who join the forum simply for Atlasian purposes that, you know, this might be one of those high-profile cases. Purple State literally doesn't contribute to the "forum at-large".
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2010, 11:55:37 AM »

I just thought that with all those complaints about people who join the forum simply for Atlasian purposes that, you know, this might be one of those high-profile cases. Purple State literally doesn't contribute to the "forum at-large".

First of all, he does post outside Atlasia.  Second of all, the problem is with people, many of them recruited by you, Hamilton, who only register on the forum to vote in Atlasia, and still don't contribute anything.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2010, 11:57:11 AM »

Serious question: Why did Purple State stop posting around the forum once he got into Fantasy politics? Well over 90% of his posts are on the Fantasy elections and fantasy Government boards. It just seems odd for someone to join the site posting like a normal person and then stop once they register in Atlasia (let's pretend that his entry to Atlasia wasn't at all suspicious).

LOL

LOL LOL

You are seriously insinuating that PurpleState posts on the forum just because of his ambition to become the powerless head honcho in an imaginary political game, and that this desire has led him through years of planning, Machiavellian strategy, and extreme personality-masking? You, of all people, are suggesting this? You, Hamilton, the man that joined Atlasia, recruited zombie voters galore, personally destroyed the RPP from within, attempted to make political deals to give PiT the presidency, masterminded a vote-shuffling plan that put the entire northeastern region in your pocket?

I'll admit that PurpleState's push to restart the GM Office seemed a bit self-serving, considering he's been GM ever since- but that's really irrelevant; when he was trying to restart the office he let it be known to everyone he thought he could make a great Game Moderator- and look, he has! Without a shred of personal gain, I might add. Really, PS has always been one to put Atlasia first and himself second, always trying to make the game more fun rather than, I don't know, plotting to have the most power in a pretend politics game on the internet.

This is like "the pot calling the kettle black", except instead of being black the "kettle" is actually a rather large white chinaware plate with a fancy blue pattern around the edges. Also, the pot's been thrown out the window because it was moldy and giving the kitchen a bad smell so now it's shouting its accusations by pretending to be a baking tray.

That's one way to put it.

So, Purple State registered, pretended to be a regular poster just in order to get into Atlasia and then shamelessly fulfill his lifetime ambitions to have power in obscure internet fantasy game?

Hamilton, don't accuse other poster to think and act by your way. Go get life, go get friend, lose virginity for once, make new haircut and stop treating Atlas like the whole world.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2010, 07:43:58 PM »

LOL

LOL LOL

Now you know why I eat bacon with my eggs instead of ham.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2010, 08:34:51 PM »

LOL

LOL LOL

Now you know why I eat bacon with my eggs instead of ham.

Screw a banner contest, you win best pun of the campaign.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2010, 08:08:56 PM »

Campaign Banner Contest

Remember to enter your best submissions in the Purple State/Marokai Blue Campaign Banner Contest before noon on Thursday, May 6.

A poll will be made for the 5 best banners and the winner of that will get their banner (and name) in my signature for the remainder of the campaign.

Good luck!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2010, 07:49:29 AM »
« Edited: May 04, 2010, 07:51:27 AM by Badger »

I suspect almost everyone would like to have PS continue as GM if he's not elected president.

Except those who might prefer a GM who's fair, impartial, and has a clue about economics.

Mr. Pot, meet....

No. That cliche implies that description matches Purple State remotely as much as it does you.

Edit: Actually BK put it much better (as usual).

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2010, 03:15:48 PM »

Getting the thread back on track a little bit.. Wink I'm pretty sure tomorrow will mark another day we publish some more of our goals, PS on game reform of course, and myself on domestic policy. The last I heard we will be doing that every Thursday for sure, though that won't prevent us from posting more ideas on another times. That might not last the entire campaign, since at some point we'll pick up the pace closer to the election, but for now that seems to be the plan.

I'm also probably going to change my first post in this thread and move my opening speech down a little bit, and use my first post as a table of contents for all our proposals so they can be easily navigated.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2010, 08:45:57 PM »

I think others are capable of doing the job, Vepres. Tongue Especially since there has been such a wonderful example laid out by Purple State in the job already, there is an easy framework to follow. It's silly to expect Purple State to be GM for all eternity.

NO! He must remain enslaved as our de-facto God forever Evil
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #134 on: May 06, 2010, 01:48:08 AM »

Getting the thread back on track a little bit.. Wink I'm pretty sure tomorrow will mark another day we publish some more of our goals, PS on game reform of course, and myself on domestic policy. The last I heard we will be doing that every Thursday for sure, though that won't prevent us from posting more ideas on another times. That might not last the entire campaign, since at some point we'll pick up the pace closer to the election, but for now that seems to be the plan.

I'm also probably going to change my first post in this thread and move my opening speech down a little bit, and use my first post as a table of contents for all our proposals so they can be easily navigated.

Yes, all this. I may actually sneak two interrelated game reforms into my post. Wink
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #135 on: May 06, 2010, 09:04:05 PM »

What do you think the long-term prospects of the Democratic Alliance are?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2010, 09:33:22 PM »

What do you think the long-term prospects of the Democratic Alliance are?

Predictions in Atlasia, especially those about the fate of political parties, are a fool's errand that I won't take part in. Members of the DA are widely respected not for our ideology, but for our records in the game, and I intend to make that commitment to activity and policy the foundation of my campaign and, hopefully, of my administration if elected.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #137 on: May 06, 2010, 09:43:03 PM »

Game Reform: What Wiki?

The Atlasia Wiki is possibly the most crucial element of this game; it is where we form a common history and shared knowledge, where our contributions can outlast our presence in the game. Unfortunately, it is also the most difficult aspect of this game to maintain.

Containing information accumulated over the years, the Wiki has become a complex and unmapped world unto itself. Navigation beyond the most basic elements is often difficult, if not almost impossible.

We have tried to keep the Wiki organized by "empowering" the Attorney General with the unrelated task of keeping it up to date. But as Atlasia has undergone positive reforms, transitioning from a simple and centralized federal government to a more complex web of decentralized federal management of regional governance, our game has outpaced the ability of any individual to keep up with the many Wiki updates required on a daily basis.

The current state of our history is not the fault of any one person, but rather, it is a result of our collective failure to take ownership of this responsibility.

We can change this, but only if we change how we think about the game. Together we must all encourage an environment of responsibility and shared governance. This involves the rehabilitation of the ”Repair Our Wiki” project in a more sustained way, where citizens are actively encouraged to do their part.

I will make sure that my administration leads by example. In my first week in office I promise to create a set of self-enforced Wiki guidelines by executive order for all officers I appoint, whether to the Cabinet or the Supreme Court. I will only appoint those who have shown a commitment to proper Wiki maintenance in their time here. My Cabinet will be reminded regularly to update (and improve) their specific pages; those who fail to do so will be dismissed from their office.

Some changes can or even must be made from the top down to ensure proper implementation and organization. This is not one of them. The Wiki is a part of this game that we share, regardless of one's status as an office holder or a civilian, as a JCP, DA, RPP, Pop, SDP, Horse..., CMPA, Sam Spade Party, etc., as a federalist or regionalist. The Wiki belongs to Atlasia and all Atlasians must feel responsible for its future success.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2010, 09:48:43 PM »

Quite honestly, I think the only mark against voting for you would be losing you as GM. Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #139 on: May 06, 2010, 10:13:53 PM »

1. I don't have a wiki account.
2. I have no plans of getting a wiki account.
3. I have just done a remarkable job on the census and voter lists, if I do say so myself.  If you are threatening to fire me for not doing wiki work, I suppose that will be your prerogative once you are elected- I think it would be a bad move.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #140 on: May 06, 2010, 10:21:34 PM »

3. I have just done a remarkable job on the census and voter lists, if I do say so myself.  If you are threatening to fire me for not doing wiki work, I suppose that will be your prerogative once you are elected- I think it would be a bad move.

While I think you have done a wonderful job on the voter roll, your refusal to get a Wiki account is troubling. If the most respected Atlasians cannot lead by example for the betterment of the entire game then that respect is simply a waste.

Is there a justification for your position on this?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: May 06, 2010, 10:32:00 PM »

I adore the job you're doing, but I'm in complete agreement with Purple State's plans here. You have done an absolutely amazing job and you know how I feel about your performance in the job by now I'm sure. But I think refusing to get a wiki account is a little silly. What's the harm in asking for one and at least making an update once in awhile?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: May 06, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »

My policy will be published later on, perhaps a bit into the night, just so everyone knows. Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #143 on: May 06, 2010, 10:42:39 PM »

Oh, I'll think about it, okay?  It's just not the job I signed up for, and I'm not appreciating being forced into a corner by the presumptive future President.  I don't know thing one about it, and I don't know where to go to learn.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: May 06, 2010, 10:45:18 PM »

Oh, I'll think about it, okay?  It's just not the job I signed up for, and I'm not appreciating being forced into a corner by the presumptive future President.  I don't know thing one about it, and I don't know where to go to learn.

I think you do an exceptional job, so I very much doubt Purple State would just outright fire you, but I do hope we can all make a better effort to improve the Wiki, because it's really in bad shape most of the time, sadly.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #145 on: May 06, 2010, 10:55:11 PM »

If you really want to push this, get an instruction manual published, or provide a link to one.  Like I said, I know zero about this.  If Purple State wants everybody getting involved, we all need some training.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: May 06, 2010, 10:57:31 PM »

If you really want to push this, get an instruction manual published, or provide a link to one.  Like I said, I know zero about this.  If Purple State wants everybody getting involved, we all need some training.

Believe me, it took me alot of trial and error just for rather basic wiki editing. But I can usually do a decent job. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: May 06, 2010, 11:39:05 PM »

Sustaining Employment
Domestic Policy (Economic)

The efforts to fuel, sustain, and defend employment are critical to the success of Atlasia's economy. Fueling employment is necessary, by means of direct involvement and stimulating the private sector, we can bring unemployment down consistently and rise to record high employment, with the hope that we could one day achieve full employment or close to it.

However, after fueling employment, we must sustain that employment through structural changes to our economy that will improve and sustain economic growth in the future, and permanent, not temporary, incentives to lessen the burden on employment.

Such structural changes must encourage changes that would incentivize the growth of manufacturing industries, encourage the growth of mom & pop stores of today that become the powerful chains of tomorrow, and keep Atlasian jobs in Atlasia. These three things are critical to fashioning the economy in a way that makes Atlasia more productive and focused on the growth of industry in Atlasia.

First, we propose the evaluation of the current manufacturing sector in Atlasia, and we seek to expand that industry so it can grow in the future, instead of slowly wither. We will give generous tax credits to new manufacturing industries that are just starting up to encourage the growth of small manufacturing companies, and further tax incentives to new companies manufacturing energy efficient materials and products. The manufacturing sector is large, however, and we recognize that small and specific tax incentives will not help the industry at large.

We would therefore propose for the larger industry as a whole, permanent business and hiring (payroll) tax cuts or exemptions specifically for manufacturing companies that do business in Atlasia. We will make it a goal to increase our exports over the course of our term, a goal we will work hard in whatever way we can to reach.

There is a new segment of our economy however that grows larger each year; Internet sales. Online companies do dramatically more business in our economy, which we have no problem with.

However, the vast majority of internet sales are tax free, while smaller businesses, particularly mom & pop stores are forced to include sales taxes, which creates an incentive for individuals to avoid purchasing from local business. We seek to correct this with a carefully crafted internet transactions tax that would help pay for the tax cuts and credits we seek to implement, be crafted in a way to not discourage internet business, but also to improve the incentive for individuals to buy from local businesses by bringing them to a level playing field. Small businesses are a necessary part of Atlasia that we cannot allow to die and should not create an incentive to avoid.

Thirdly and finally, we want to end all incentives in the system that encourage businesses to outsource their jobs to other countries to keep jobs in Atlasia. Let me clarify; We will not punish companies for outsourcing, but we shouldn't allow any trace of our economy to create an incentive for businesses to do their work and employ workers elsewhere.

Next week, I will introduce the final stage of the plan to improve employment in Atlasia; defending employment in the future. One of the biggest policies to that effect also ties into the effort to sustain employment, but is nonetheless a powerful defense, especially for future recessions. We must protect our economy from damage in the future and end the phenomenon of lingering employment, and we believe we can do so.

We do, of course, welcome all outside suggestions and proposals, as we hardly profess to be the ticket with the perfect plan. We do, however, believe we have the most comprehensive plan possible and the fortitude to implement it. Stay tuned.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2010, 01:14:10 AM »

That is a valid concern and one that can be addressed relatively simply. The first step is PMing Peter for an account. Once that is done, I recommend playing around with your page and seeing what you can self-teach. Beyond that, there are always experts on the forum out there who are willing to help.

My intention is not to strong arm people to "get with the program or get out" so to speak. But I do hope that people will take this to heart and realize that letting the Wiki rot is a bad way to keep this game going.

As an example, many of the issues Franzl had in the last election were more a product of an outdated and confusing Wiki than of anything else. This is the Department of Forum Affairs Wiki page. First of all, it is almost impossible to find this page without searching for it in the search bar. Second, it's almost completely wrong. How can we expect new or less experienced members to successfully transition into these positions when the resources to teach are like this?

Just to be clear, the last thing I want to do is make you feel cornered. But at the same time, it is time that the more experienced, more respected members lead by example and change the culture of the Wiki for the better.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #149 on: May 07, 2010, 10:59:22 PM »

That is a valid concern and one that can be addressed relatively simply. The first step is PMing Peter for an account. Once that is done, I recommend playing around with your page and seeing what you can self-teach. Beyond that, there are always experts on the forum out there who are willing to help.

That's a start, but I'm asking for a bit more.

You're asking me- and pretty much all of Atlasia- to invest some time and energy into learning how to do something.  I ask for instructions, your suggestion is I play around and see what I can self-teach.

In order to post the voter list, I had to learn how to post tables.  How did I do that?  I went to the ?Help link.  It didn't provide much, but it gave me enough to accomplish what I needed.  If there's a similar link for wiki editing, just tell me where it is and I'll shut up.

I hear a lot from people how difficult and cumbersome the process can be.  Purple State, you point out that there are a few "experts" available to help.  My challenge to you, Mr. Candidate, is to find one of these "experts" to write a basic instruction manual.  I'm sure it need not be overly lengthy- a few pages maybe.  If you can deliver that, I promise to get an account and update the voter list there.  Deal?

If it was just for me, I wouldn't be so demanding.  But you are asking for a lot more than just me.  This may make it possible for you to get there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies