Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:17:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Author Topic: Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June!  (Read 29936 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2010, 07:50:37 AM »

Will you appoint Vepres to the cabinet?

I don't think you'll be that lucky Tongue

Damn.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #201 on: May 30, 2010, 04:51:22 PM »

It's not really my place to answer this, but I can say that loads of people are under consideration. Any individual that displays hard work and dedication to Atlasia with reasonable activity to back it up would be under consideration for a cabinet appointment IMO.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #202 on: May 30, 2010, 04:52:47 PM »

It's not really my place to answer this, but I can say that loads of people are under consideration. Any individual that displays hard work and dedication to Atlasia with reasonable activity to back it up would be under consideration for a cabinet appointment IMO.

Ok.

Please, please, give him something, so he'd resign as OFKA Governor
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2010, 09:48:42 PM »

I think we all have an idea of who we would like to see in certain positions, but I won't be looking seriously at individuals to fill positions until I have finished this campaign and won the race. Until that time, I love the speculations. Wink

Statement.

<snip>

We're not running for Prom King & Queen,

<snip>

Vote PS/MB.

Just a note: Marokai is also running for Prom Queen, but that race is distinct from this one and your vote there should have no bearing on your vote for President/Vice President.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #204 on: May 30, 2010, 09:49:40 PM »

Purple State I told you not to make that public until I found the right dress. Sad
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #205 on: May 30, 2010, 09:50:29 PM »

Oh. My. Heavens.
*Runs to the bathroom and vomits*

Wink
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #206 on: May 31, 2010, 10:51:18 AM »

This question is for my vote: If you were to be elected President and Vice President, you would surely purchase your makeup, and other cosmetic necessities for the Inaugural Ball from the fabulous Giovanni Cosmetics department right? Smiley

http://www.giovannicosmetics.com/

The current President and Vice President bought their cosmetics for their Ball from M.A.C. Cosmetics. Sad
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #207 on: May 31, 2010, 11:22:56 AM »

I'm allergic to seriousness, but I've got to tell you...this is starting to look more and more attractive.  Er, not the dress part, the platform and stuff.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #208 on: May 31, 2010, 09:12:44 PM »

Oh, since I never said it before, endorsed! Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #209 on: May 31, 2010, 09:26:25 PM »

I'm allergic to seriousness, but I've got to tell you...this is starting to look more and more attractive.  Er, not the dress part, the platform and stuff.

It's good to see that our efforts are swinging people. Marokai and I are both serious about reforming this game and bringing new life to it, but make no doubt about it, we also like to have our fun. Smiley

This question is for my vote: If you were to be elected President and Vice President, you would surely purchase your makeup, and other cosmetic necessities for the Inaugural Ball from the fabulous Giovanni Cosmetics department right? Smiley

http://www.giovannicosmetics.com/

The current President and Vice President bought their cosmetics for their Ball from M.A.C. Cosmetics. Sad

The website looks very professional, but I will need to see prices before committing. I refuse to splurge on the dime of the taxpayers.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #210 on: June 01, 2010, 11:06:12 PM »

For Immediate Release

I would like to formally invite President Afleitch and his running mate to a series of presidential and vice presidential debates with me and Marokai. With Election Day nearing, debates are an important way for Atlasians to learn about the positions of the candidates, something that is especially important with large-scale game reform policies on the table.

I also ask any qualified Atlasians that are willing to moderate these debates to step forward.

~PS
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #211 on: June 01, 2010, 11:07:54 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2010, 12:19:23 AM by Barnes »

I'm willing to moderate a debate themed on justice, crime, etc.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: June 02, 2010, 12:18:58 AM »

I would love, love, love a debate. Especially with someone as mature and reasonable as Smid.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #213 on: June 02, 2010, 01:25:23 AM »

I'd like to now welcome RosettaStoned and Useful Idiot to the race. I look forward to debating UI should there be a (much needed IMO!) Veep debate.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #214 on: June 02, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »

Endorsed.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #215 on: June 02, 2010, 05:38:43 PM »

Thank you for the recent endorsements of Barnes and Pacific LG oakvale. I would also like to voice my appreciation to all those that have contributed to the discussion about our ticket's idea of a game "refresh." I look forward to working with you all to refine and improve that proposal.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2010, 07:20:28 PM »

I know it's too early to talk about appointments, but I expect that Purple State will apoint someone really active as GM.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #217 on: June 03, 2010, 07:57:51 PM »

For Immediate Release

In light of recent news, I would like to extend my previous debate invitation to President Afleitch and his running mate to Rosetta Stoned and useful idiot as well. These debates should be open to all the candidates to ensure that the broadest range of ideas are included. I look forward to substantive debates.

~PS
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #218 on: June 05, 2010, 10:39:20 PM »

Advertisement

*Deep announcer voice with dark music playing in the background: In a critical time for Atlasia, some people just don't appreciate the good they can do.

Cuts to President Afleitch:
    You run & I'll think about doing it again at some point in the next 50 years. Tongue There is no experience that I have found more miserable than that of running for President.

I can think of one. Being President.

(and yes I can be quoted on that!)

*Deep announcer voice: Some don't even understand how the most important parts of the game work.

Cuts to RosettaStoned:
I will, as President, push for Game moderator reforms that will require the position to be more interactive with the political aspects of the game... My goal is to see a two-way street between the GM and players, with the Gm creating events that drive the game while at the same time following and perhaps reacting to laws or situations brought about by players of the game.

*Lighter announcer voice with birds chirping in the background: But, there is a better choice for Atlasia.

~Someone who knows that the GM shouldn't be a political football and understands that the GM already creates and responds to events.

~Someone who sees the presidency as an important force for good in this game.

~And someone with the experience and passion to get the job done.

I'm Purple State, and I approve this message because I want to bring good-natured fun and serious reform back to the game.

Paid for by the Purple & Blue Campaign To Tomorrow
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #219 on: June 05, 2010, 11:08:46 PM »

I'd vote for you, but your VP pick gave me a excessive voting ban.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #220 on: June 07, 2010, 09:49:26 PM »

Thank You Senator Libertas...

...for proposing the Intra Regional Mobility Amendment, an amendment that begins to implement just one of the many ideas that Marokai and I included in our draft Third Constitution.

Intra Regional Mobility Amendment

1. Article V, Section 2, Clause 7 is hereby amended to read: "Persons may only change their State of registration to that of a State in a different Region, as defined by statute, once every 180 days. Persons may only change their State of registration to that of a State within the same Region, as defined by statute, once every 24 hours."

Though not identical, the provision is very similar to this (see clause 6).

I am happy to see that game reform knows no ideology, an encouraging sign considering the scale of change that is needed to revitalize the game. I look forward to working with all Atlasians to fine tune this ticket's agenda.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #221 on: June 07, 2010, 10:41:38 PM »

May I ask a question of the VP candidate?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #222 on: June 07, 2010, 11:14:52 PM »

May I ask a question of the VP candidate?

Ask a question, attack me, whatever you like. Tongue
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #223 on: June 07, 2010, 11:19:24 PM »

Mr. Bluey. In a debate months ago, you once implied to me that an elected official need not have tact; that he or she may be as rude as they wish to be, and this does not and should not impact their ability to carry out their duties. Now you are on a ticket running for the highest offices in the land. Do you still hold this opinion?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #224 on: June 07, 2010, 11:34:02 PM »

Mr. Bluey. In a debate months ago, you once implied to me that an elected official need not have tact; that he or she may be as rude as they wish to be, and this does not and should not impact their ability to carry out their duties. Now you are on a ticket running for the highest offices in the land. Do you still hold this opinion?

Who are you calling "bluey" you freak!!!

*Ahem* Wink

In all seriousness, while I don't think I said exactly that, I'd pretty much still agree with the spirit of what I said.

Being aggressive around these parts is probably not healthy all the time, but I have no problem with it as long as the person actually contributes to the game and does their job(s) well. I'm not the most polite person in the world and I'll never win any sort of pageant with "I want world peace" questions, but I like to think that over the course of my time in Atlasia I've done alot to get respect.

I was an active and competent Senator, and I like to think I did a pretty good job of running the Senate as PPT. I'm an aggressive and politically active Justice, but I've written detailed opinions and my two colleagues can attest to the fact that I give a great deal of consideration to cases and try to build consensus in private. I remain an active member at large, participated in the ConCon of yore, wrote an Intro thread, etc etc. I've done alot of work and dedicated probably far too much time than I should've to Atlasia, but I did anyhow. Tongue

I'm not going to be Prom King of Atlasia anytime soon though, that's for sure. Being partisan, fiery, and intentionally poking the fire from time to time is, in my opinion, a healthy activity personally and for the game. It keeps things a little interesting, and makes people pay attention. I've attacked plenty of people and plenty of people have attacked me over the years. Hell, I started a newsletter directly for the purpose of pissing people off Wink

But in all that time I know that there's a time to fist-fight and scream and a time to build consensus and compromise to get what you can. In the Senate I fought like hell for whatever I liked and probably insulted a few people along the way, but when voting time nears I tried to build consensus and get people on board for whatever I could.

In short, if someone has done alot in Atlasia and they have a good record, fighting and saying a few uncomfortable things from time to time won't get me distracted from their record. Someone who pretty much only stokes the fire however, is a little different. With that in mind though, I'd still agree with what I said. As long as the person has a history of being accomplished, active, and fair, I can easily look past what I consider to be little things, like someone's attitude.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies