High-brow ambitions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:15:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  High-brow ambitions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: High-brow ambitions  (Read 50426 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 05, 2010, 04:16:47 PM »
« edited: May 05, 2010, 04:36:39 PM by jmfcst »

Gustaf,

I just read my PMs and realized one of my posts was edited due to "personal attack".

Tell me why no moderators stepped in when I, along with others, held prophetman's feet to the fire and told him he was a racist, yet I get edited for pointing out that another poster is draining meaning from the word of God just like the bible described Satan doing?

In other words, how can "you're a racist" be acceptable but "you're a deceiver bent on draining meaning from scripture" not be acceptable when BOTH had to do with someone's way of "interpreting" scripture?

Late edit: Or has both now become unacceptable, meaning the next time prophetman shows up we can't call him a racist?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:45:45 PM »

I am going to butt in here, perhaps against my better judgment. The problem as I see it, is that describing a poster's interpretation of some religious text as Satanic could be construed as a personal attack. It may be something in the Bible states that distorting its meaning is Satanic, but what the text means is personal opinion, so if someone has another view, to then have such certitude that your point of view is right, and thus the other posters view is Satanic, strikes me as hubristic, subject to misinterpretation even if not meant as a personal attack, unnecessary to carry on a conversation about what the text means, and a reasonable judgment call to redact by a mod, assuming that is what happened.

JMO, and I don't mind if jmfcst disagrees.

Again, if he even attempted to address the evidence, I wouldn’t be making the charge.  But when he totally ignores the mountain of evidence and attempts to make synonyms out of two words which is not supported by either secular dictionaries or religious context…I do call it disingenuous.

So don’t lie and claim my approach and his approach are simply six and one half dozen of the other, for in a lot of ways, you're just as bad as he is.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 08:58:05 AM »

And I don't think the stupid troll prophetman is at all comparable to Gramps who is a serious poster.

And isn’t it ironic that our “Troll” was more willing to examine his religious claims against the backdrop of scripture than our “Serious Poster”?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 02:40:09 PM »

what is the point of this forum, we are all looking for answers. I'm willing to listen if the other person speaks intelligently and gives reasons to support their claims.

a leftover gem from Derek
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 10:15:36 AM »

what is the point of this forum, we are all looking for answers. I'm willing to listen if the other person speaks intelligently and gives reasons to support their claims.

a leftover gem from Derek

I look forward to the day when we can quote your leftover gems....

I've put up with your retarded posts for years, what makes you think your new form of retarded logic is now going to drive me away?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 06:53:14 PM »

Guys...no fighting in the sticky-thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAeqVGP-GPM
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies