High-brow ambitions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:29:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  High-brow ambitions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: High-brow ambitions  (Read 50442 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 30, 2010, 10:54:34 AM »

Philosophize, but only if you agree with A, B, and C.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 01:01:41 PM »

Philosophize, but only if you agree with A, B, and C.
I'm not sure I get your point. As I said, if you want to philosophize freely and randomly make a thread about it.

The gist of your problems are when someone who isn't religious posts in a thread about religion.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 01:56:15 PM »

My point is that it's totally fine for conversations about religious things to have atheist input.  It's an equally valid viewpoint regardless of whether the creators of the thread intended them to have input.  What I have a problem with is you suggesting that whatever atheists have to say has no place in a religious conversation.  Sure some of them are less than friendly, but so are a large portion of posts regarding Islam and atheism.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 04:41:00 PM »

My point is that it's totally fine for conversations about religious things to have atheist input.  It's an equally valid viewpoint regardless of whether the creators of the thread intended them to have input.  What I have a problem with is you suggesting that whatever atheists have to say has no place in a religious conversation.  Sure some of them are less than friendly, but so are a large portion of posts regarding Islam and atheism.
That is not what I'm saying. It depends on what kind of religious conversation it is, of course.

That's just what it seems like, but whatever.  It's no big deal, just by two cents. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies