2020: Michelle Obama vs. Scott Brown
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:21:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020: Michelle Obama vs. Scott Brown
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020: Michelle Obama vs. Scott Brown  (Read 2901 times)
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 29, 2010, 11:37:09 PM »

In 2010, Republican Mark Kirk wins Obama's former Senate seat. Obama is releected in 2012, and his wife decides to run for the Senate (from Illinois) in 2016. She narrowly defeats Kirk. In 2016, Scott Brown is narrowly elected President. The U.S. economy goes into a recession in 2018 and experiences a jobless recovery in 2019 and 2020. Unemployment is 7.3% on Election Day 2020. Michelle Obama wins the Democratic nomination in 2020, while the GOP renominates Scott Brown. You pick the VPs. How would this election turn out? Discuss, with maps.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 03:28:10 PM »

Obama 53
Brown 46
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 03:59:15 PM »

So she's Hillary Clinton... except she wins.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 06:31:12 PM »

justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 08:08:43 PM »

Best Case for Obama:

Worst Case for Obama:

Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 08:13:48 PM »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 10:17:51 PM »

After some of her comments, I can't see Michelle Obama winning even a seat in Illinois, let alone the White House.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 11:14:44 PM »

After some of her comments, I can't see Michelle Obama winning even a seat in Illinois, let alone the White House.

What comments in particular are you talking about? Many politicians made stupid comments. Reagan said trees cause pollution. Michelle's comments can't be that bad.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 02:05:10 PM »

What comments in particular are you talking about? Many politicians made stupid comments. Reagan said trees cause pollution. Michelle's comments can't be that bad.
The comment about being proud of an American. She also wrote a controversial essay in college that has sparked anger among many.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 02:11:49 PM »

The comment about being proud of an American. She also wrote a controversial essay in college that has sparked anger among many.

Any politican could have made that "proud American" comment. It's not a big deal and she could just claim she was misinterpreted. In regards to her college essay, I don't know what it was about specifically, but Hillary Clinton wrote one praising radical Marxist Saul Alinsky and it didn't seem to hurt her political career or reputation. Thus, I don't see how Michelle Obama's colelge essay could do more damage than Hillary's. Maybe you were confusing both of their college essays?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 05:17:12 PM »

considering her comments get better then they are now
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 11:03:53 PM »

Hack map.
yougo1000
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 06:59:27 AM »

BrownKirk 357
ObamaWarner 181

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 09:09:39 AM »

So, care to explain your reasoning for Virginia, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, New Jersey, Maine, Oregon...
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2010, 03:10:33 PM »

I think that Obama will be reelected but that there will never be another Obama in the white house. I think that the people will remember the massive spending and some immature, arrogant, and naive leadership. The people might be okay w/ Obama enough to reelect him but the Obama family will never reside in the white house again after January 2017.

That's what they said about the Bushes following Bush Sr.'s term and about the Clintons following Bill's affair with Monica.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 03:11:47 PM »

I think that Obama will be reelected but that there will never be another Obama in the white house. I think that the people will remember the massive spending and some immature, arrogant, and naive leadership. The people might be okay w/ Obama enough to reelect him but the Obama family will never reside in the white house again after January 2017.

That's what they said about the Bushes and Clintons before.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 03:14:48 PM »

That's what they said about the Bushes following Bush Sr.'s term and about the Clintons following Bill's affair with Monica.
Well, certainly Bush sr was not immature. But, he may have been a little naive and arrogant especially in the 1992 campaign. I think that he lost the election for himself and some of the blame goes to those qualities of himself.

And, the Clintons are not in the white house and they may never be back. 2016 is probably the Clinton's last chance.

Still, many people said that the Bushes will enver get back into the White House after Bush Sr.'s mostly unsuccessful term. Yet not only did they come back, but they came back when the economy was still realtively good.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 04:13:56 PM »

Well, certainly Bush sr was not immature. But, he may have been a little naive and arrogant especially in the 1992 campaign. I think that he lost the election for himself and some of the blame goes to those qualities of himself.

And, the Clintons are not in the white house and they may never be back. 2016 is probably the Clinton's last chance.

Still, many people said that the Bushes will enver get back into the White House after Bush Sr.'s mostly unsuccessful term. Yet not only did they come back, but they came back when the economy was still realtively good.
So, you call the persian gulf war and the fall of the berlin wall unsuccessful? I think that the american people should have seen the tax raise as something that needed to be done and credit Bush for his courage. But, certainly, Bush's term was not unsuccessful as you claim that it was.

Bush Sr. had nothing to do with the collapse of the Berlin Wall or the collapse of the U.S.S.R. Also, part of the reason why Bush Sr. lost was ebcause he raised taxes in 1992 (and even taht failed to decrease the deficit or the debt). Finally, the economy went into the toilet under Bush Sr., and that is the main reason why people viewed his Presidency as unsuccessful.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 07:29:08 PM »

So, you call the persian gulf war and the fall of the berlin wall unsuccessful? I think that the american people should have seen the tax raise as something that needed to be done and credit Bush for his courage. But, certainly, Bush's term was not unsuccessful as you claim that it was.

Bush Sr. had nothing to do with the collapse of the Berlin Wall or the collapse of the U.S.S.R. Also, part of the reason why Bush Sr. lost was ebcause he raised taxes in 1992 (and even taht failed to decrease the deficit or the debt). Finally, the economy went into the toilet under Bush Sr., and that is the main reason why people viewed his Presidency as unsuccessful.
No matter who was in office in the 1989-1993 term, they would have had to raise taxes. I think Reagan would have been miserable in a third term because there would have been a lot of pressure on him to raise taxes and who knows what he would have done. Raising taxes was a big no to him.

I know that raising taxes was necessary. I'm just saying that many people considered Bush Sr. an unsucessful President and thus thought there would never be another Bush in the White House.
ComeAndTakeIt53
CalebR
Rookie
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 04:18:39 PM »

IMO, Obama: 281
Brown: 257
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel