Specter-Sestak debate gets ugly (and new polling shows Specter in BIG trouble). (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:39:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Specter-Sestak debate gets ugly (and new polling shows Specter in BIG trouble). (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Specter-Sestak debate gets ugly (and new polling shows Specter in BIG trouble).  (Read 15480 times)
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« on: May 03, 2010, 01:42:27 PM »

Time to shudder and support Toomey, looks like. There seems to be a reason he has a substantial lead against both of them.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 07:42:01 PM »

Time to shudder and support Toomey, looks like. There seems to be a reason he has a substantial lead against both of them.

I would give three dominant factors as to why this is the case:

1) In the heat of a primary, voters tend to over-inflate their unwillingness to vote for a primary rival.  Remember how Hillary's campaign was arguing that Obama wouldn't be able to win?

2) Toomey's been able to avoid a heated primary, and can campaign towards the center.  Remember how he said he would vote to confirm Sotomayor?  (Rubio said he wouldn't)

3) Toomey's been running a really solid, really great campaign. 

Good points. Personally, I'm just dreading the possibility that he might be the second coming of Rick Santorum - a Republican who campaigns as a moderate to get elected, then immediately drives off to the far right afterward.

Either way, I'd find it supremely hilarious if Specter loses this primary after switching parties to avoid losing the other one.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 12:58:58 PM »

It would be good.

I actually think Sestak would do better in the General, too.

I thought he was an Admiral?

Yep. Two stars.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 11:32:06 AM »
« Edited: May 10, 2010, 01:07:22 PM by SvenssonRS »

What has Sestak been doing that has made him grab all the momentum these past few days? Is it just that ad of Specter as a Republican?

That more than likely has a major part in it. In a place like Pennsylvania, tying a candidate to a man like W. is an effective shot, but it's even more crippling whenever indisputable proof is given of his alliances.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 06:03:56 PM »

I'll be damn happy to see Joe show Specter the door, and I won't shed a tear if he wins the general, either. I don't care how much of a hardass Sestak is, or how comparatively liberal he is; better him than Benedict Arlen or Pat "Santorum Mk2" Toomey.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 11:09:22 PM »

Obama's commercial for Specter starts running tomorrow, according local Phila news.

So far, he's not really had a good track record of campaigning for candidates in time. Otherwise, Coakley might have had more of a chance back in January...
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 02:11:04 AM »

First competent decision the President's made in months. He's just sank Specter's boat.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 09:51:08 PM »

Sestak retakes the lead in the tracking poll (by 2%).

There is also supposed to be a Research 2000 poll out today showing Sestak leading by 2%.

Talk about too close for comfort.

You mean Specter right, wrt the Muhlenberg thingy?

Ah, yes. Sorry.

Translation:  SpinSpinSpinSpin.

Or turnabout is fair play.

You're an idiot.

No, just pointing out the utter hypocrisy of Erasurehead and apparently of you.

GTFO.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies