(Update) Argentina Legalizes same sex marriage!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:20:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  (Update) Argentina Legalizes same sex marriage!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: (Update) Argentina Legalizes same sex marriage!!  (Read 3165 times)
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 07:47:49 PM »

I am, but it isn't a high priority issue for me and having it legal will make a lot of people happy. Thus, I meant it is good news for many people.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 08:41:11 PM »

Thanks for the insight, Edu. Tierra del Fuego seems really mysterious, mostly cause wiki doesn't say much about it. With the whole gay marriage thing, maybe I see a trip there in the future.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 10:23:40 PM »

A little bit off-topic, but does anyone know what happened with same-sex marriage in Slovenia? I remember that they voted for it in March but needed a second vote in May. Wikipedia doesn't mention anything about the results of that vote and hasn't been updated on the topic since then. Did it fail, or did the vote get postponed, or did it pass but stay under the radar?
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 11:43:59 PM »

A little bit off-topic, but does anyone know what happened with same-sex marriage in Slovenia? I remember that they voted for it in March but needed a second vote in May. Wikipedia doesn't mention anything about the results of that vote and hasn't been updated on the topic since then. Did it fail, or did the vote get postponed, or did it pass but stay under the radar?

After much searching (not that much info on the internets apaparently Tongue) i found this dated July 2nd 2010 from this place: http://www.euranet.eu/eng/Today/News/English-News/Anti-gay-attacks-dent-Slovenian-pride

You must be logged in to read this quote.

After reading that i'm even more proud of how politicians and the rest of society in Argentina handled the issue.

BTW if this violates the new "stop quoting entire articles" regulation, moderators should feel free of editing my post

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 07:06:51 PM »

Weird, I don't get a raging boner when other people's rights are voted away by majority vote. You must be a sad person.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2011, 09:32:44 PM »

It's already been 1 year since this was passed? Happy 1st anniversary then Grin

What's interesting about all this is that after the law was passed last year, except for a small incident of one guy refusing to marry 2 men a couple of weeks after it passed, the issue has been completely forgotten, most people I know have grown used to it and I can't think of any current candidate up for election even mentioning it (unless it's to praise it). So, the world didn't end and life goes on as usual, it's sometimes hard for me to think why this isn't law in lots of other countries. I suppose the moral panic trumps it all Tongue
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2011, 04:38:52 AM »

Uruguay will be next, probably in August, and possibly with unanimity of votes in the parliament (conservatives' new leader supported the law).

We already have civil unions and right to adoption for same-sex couples.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies