2008- what do you think would have happend with diffrent canidates?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:20:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008- what do you think would have happend with diffrent canidates?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 2008- what do you think would have happend with diffrent canidates?  (Read 11175 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2010, 11:20:57 AM »

9/11 occured under Bush Jr.'s watch, not under Clinton's.

That's true, but I mean, didn't Bill Clinton see something like 4 attacks on U.S. interests during his administration? (WTC 93, Embassies in Africa, Beirut, and the U.S.S. Cole). He didn't do much after those, if I recall. I wonder why?

He was busy bombing medicine factories.

Yep anything to take public eye off of his misdemeanors.

You Republicans are hypocrites. When Clinton tried to do something against terrorism, you guys said that he was doing too much back in the 1990s. Now you say he wasn't doing enough.

He never did anything to fight terror. In 1998 the US Embassy in Africa got bombed and in 2000 he didn't do anything about the USS Cole either. Remember Oklahoma City. McVeigh had a pocket full of phone numbers from Iraq and the FBI wasn't allowed to investigate. All of these things went unaccounted for. Bush was handed the biggest mess in the history of any president. Oh, and the Clinton/Gore recession started in March of 2000.

Clinton did try to kill Biden Laden several times. He wasn't very effecient at doing it, but I read that the GOP criticized him for being too obsessed with Biden Laden before 9/11. I agree that Clinton should have responded to terrorism more strongly and decisively, but the GOP didn't exactly support what he did try to do against terrorism. Bush could have also done much more to prevent 9/11, such as increasing airport security after that Biden Laden Determined to Strike the U.S. memo was given to him. As for the dot-com recession, the economy began to slow down and the stock market (NASDAQ) began to collapse under Clinton, but the recession itself officially started under Bush Jr.'s watch.

I'm not sure what sources you're reading but I'm willing to bed it's either the New York Times or the Washington Post. The GOP never did such a thing. In fact, did you know that Al Gore laughed about Bin Laden being a threat in 1991? Google it if you don't believe me. There was no specific memo GIVEN TO BUSH. If there were such a memo, then it would've gone to the head people at the CIA or FBI. As for the Clinton/Gore recession, whose watch a recession starts under is irrelevant. What is relevant is when it started and how it started. So the dates are misleading but what you said is exactly what the democratic party and Nanci Pelosi would want you to think. You just admitted that the stock market started to downturn under Clinton. I repeat, you just told us that the stock market started to downturn under Clinton. I do agree with you there.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2010, 05:54:17 PM »

That's true, but I mean, didn't Bill Clinton see something like 4 attacks on U.S. interests during his administration? (WTC 93, Embassies in Africa, Beirut, and the U.S.S. Cole). He didn't do much after those, if I recall. I wonder why?

You Republicans are hypocrites. When Clinton tried to do something against terrorism, you guys said that he was doing too much back in the 1990s. Now you say he wasn't doing enough.

He never did anything to fight terror. In 1998 the US Embassy in Africa got bombed and in 2000 he didn't do anything about the USS Cole either. Remember Oklahoma City. McVeigh had a pocket full of phone numbers from Iraq and the FBI wasn't allowed to investigate. All of these things went unaccounted for. Bush was handed the biggest mess in the history of any president. Oh, and the Clinton/Gore recession started in March of 2000.

Clinton did try to kill Biden Laden several times. He wasn't very effecient at doing it, but I read that the GOP criticized him for being too obsessed with Biden Laden before 9/11. I agree that Clinton should have responded to terrorism more strongly and decisively, but the GOP didn't exactly support what he did try to do against terrorism. Bush could have also done much more to prevent 9/11, such as increasing airport security after that Biden Laden Determined to Strike the U.S. memo was given to him. As for the dot-com recession, the economy began to slow down and the stock market (NASDAQ) began to collapse under Clinton, but the recession itself officially started under Bush Jr.'s watch.

I'm not sure what sources you're reading but I'm willing to bed it's either the New York Times or the Washington Post. The GOP never did such a thing. In fact, did you know that Al Gore laughed about Bin Laden being a threat in 1991? Google it if you don't believe me. There was no specific memo GIVEN TO BUSH. If there were such a memo, then it would've gone to the head people at the CIA or FBI. As for the Clinton/Gore recession, whose watch a recession starts under is irrelevant. What is relevant is when it started and how it started. So the dates are misleading but what you said is exactly what the democratic party and Nanci Pelosi would want you to think. You just admitted that the stock market started to downturn under Clinton. I repeat, you just told us that the stock market started to downturn under Clinton. I do agree with you there.

That Al Gore laughing at Bin Laden thing in 1991 was just a hoax. As for the memo,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bin_Ladin_Determined_To_Strike_in_US

Here you go. It was given to Bush directly a month before 9/11.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2010, 01:04:42 AM »

That Al Gore laughing at Bin Laden thing in 1991 was just a hoax. As for the memo,

It's a fake document and if it were real what were the odds of 9/11 happening?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2010, 08:32:45 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Millennium_Plot&redirect=no
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2010, 03:38:36 PM »

Oh give it up already.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2010, 04:04:53 PM »

That document wasn't fake and Bush did get it. It was even classified top secret until 2004.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2010, 10:39:08 PM »

That document wasn't fake and Bush did get it. It was even classified top secret until 2004.

It was a fake document. http://www.mrc.org/cyberalerts/2004/cyb20040910.asp
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2010, 11:42:44 PM »

That source says nothing about the authenticity of the Bin Laden memo.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2010, 10:24:15 PM »

all the times Clinton missed Bin Laden.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2010, 02:13:43 PM »

That's true but irrelevant. Bush did get that memo.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2010, 04:09:27 PM »

If you think that's true why wasn't that Kerry's campaign slogan?
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2010, 04:56:43 PM »

Because Kerry didn't know how to run a good campaign.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2010, 07:51:46 PM »

You got that right.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2010, 08:41:41 PM »

You got that right.

At least we agree on something.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2010, 08:52:39 PM »

What are we agreeing on?
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2010, 01:57:48 PM »

That John kerry didn't know how to run a good campaign.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies