2008- what do you think would have happend with diffrent canidates? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:47:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008- what do you think would have happend with diffrent canidates? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008- what do you think would have happend with diffrent canidates?  (Read 11409 times)
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« on: June 07, 2010, 11:21:17 PM »

I don't think Hillary would've won in a landslide. The longer your past, the higher the negatives.

That's not always true.

Yeah but it's true for any Clinton, who would've been haunted by Slick Willie's handling of terrorism that possibly led to 9/11, his personal problems that kept him distracted while the national security rug was being pulled out from under him.

Additionally, her healthcare credentials would have been called into question after she screwed up in Arkansas.

If Edwards would have won, we would have had a field day after his sexual escapades.

Obama was the only candidate whose background was clean enough not to be called into question.

He did have questionable connections though and he was lucky enough to face a man who didn't have the gonads to bring them up.

An extremely fortunate circumstance led to the presidency of one of the most incompetent men who could have possibly won it.

BO: I support offshore drilling!
BP: There was an oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
BO: Oh sh**t never mind.
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 07:14:02 AM »

9/11 occured under Bush Jr.'s watch, not under Clinton's.

That's true, but I mean, didn't Bill Clinton see something like 4 attacks on U.S. interests during his administration? (WTC 93, Embassies in Africa, Beirut, and the U.S.S. Cole). He didn't do much after those, if I recall. I wonder why?
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 02:46:20 PM »

9/11 occured under Bush Jr.'s watch, not under Clinton's.

That's true, but I mean, didn't Bill Clinton see something like 4 attacks on U.S. interests during his administration? (WTC 93, Embassies in Africa, Beirut, and the U.S.S. Cole). He didn't do much after those, if I recall. I wonder why?

Because he was a coward, that's why. I agree that Clinton deserves some blame for not preventing 9/11, but Bush Jr. deserves some blame as well. Bush Jr. received that Bin Laden Determined to Strike the U.S. Memo in August 2001, where it specifically talked about the possibility of al-Qaeda hijacking planes, yet he did nothing about it. He could have at least increased security at the airports. Anyway, I don't think her husband's failure to prevent 9/11 would have hurt Hillary much in 2008 because people were mcuh more worried about the economy and losing their jobs that year. And since the economy was booming under Bill Clinton's watch, many voters who were worried about the economy would have flocked to Hillary since they would think that she and Bill will be able to fix the U.S. economy again.

I agree, but I don't think I would have been convinced, especially since he created an unsustainable bubble that loomed large over his successors.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies