"Radical Islam" and Terrorism
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:19:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  "Radical Islam" and Terrorism
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: "Radical Islam" and Terrorism  (Read 6589 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2010, 03:58:31 AM »

Yea the terrorists are going to find ways into our country or could coordinate through the internet. Look we can't secure our borders entirely unless you are suggesting we put up a shield and get the Jedi Knights to protect us.

The best we can do is stop giving them a reason to fly planes into our buildings.

There is never a reason to fly a plane (full of people) into a large building (full of people).

9/11 didn't just happen for no reason at all.  Contrary to popular belief, they do not "hate us for our freedoms."  They hate us because we felt it was our right to meddle in the Middle East for our own benefit.  If Russia were to overthrow Britain's democratically elected government, and replace it with a puppet king, and then kill half a million French children through sanctions, I'm sure there would be a lot of Europeans who would be frustrated enough to fly a plane into a building in Moscow.

I'm sorry, what democratically elected government are we talking about exactly?
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2010, 12:13:35 PM »

You're extreme too. ^^ Go for diplomacy first and war is the last option, but must be an option. Also when dealing with those who think they will only go to heaven if they kill the infidels, war is often the only option. It's a sad part of life. I don't like war, but it is necessary under unfortunate and extreme circumstances.

Unfortunately, none of the wars the U.S. has fought were justified.

lolnazisymapthizer

Opposing the war doesn't make you a Nazi sympathizer.

Don't tell me if you opposed WWII. Tell the Jews. Go on now. Go ahead and do it. You won't say that to them. You won't do it.

So? Does the fact that you wouldn't tell a group of people about a position you hold because it would draw their ire make that position incorrect?

No it just makes YOU anti-semitic and a nazi sympathizer. Go through a week of concentration camp and come back with the same position. I hear Al-Qaida runs similar camps for non-believers in the middle east.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 02:10:40 PM »

I know I say this alot, but essentialism should be illegal.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2010, 05:16:49 PM »

what are you referring to exactly?
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2010, 05:27:06 PM »

You're extreme too. ^^ Go for diplomacy first and war is the last option, but must be an option. Also when dealing with those who think they will only go to heaven if they kill the infidels, war is often the only option. It's a sad part of life. I don't like war, but it is necessary under unfortunate and extreme circumstances.

lolnazisymapthizer

Don't tell me if you opposed WWII. Tell the Jews. Go on now. Go ahead and do it. You won't say that to them. You won't do it.

Anybody with half a brain (who wasn't already pre-influenced) would have opposed World War II prior to Pearl Harbor.

It would have been a waste of time and money (and lives) to liberate Europe when the Soviets were holding their own.  The war would have went a bit longer, but the Soviets eventually would have won.

I would have supported intervention, FYI, as I was pre-influenced.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2010, 03:05:16 AM »

lolnazisymapthizer

So? Does the fact that you wouldn't tell a group of people about a position you hold because it would draw their ire make that position incorrect?

No it just makes YOU anti-semitic and a nazi sympathizer. Go through a week of concentration camp and come back with the same position. I hear Al-Qaida runs similar camps for non-believers in the middle east.

No, not really. There was much more to the war than just the holocaust. I wouldn't say that taking a moral stance against wars of offense makes one an anti-semite.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2010, 06:14:52 AM »

lolnazisymapthizer

No, not really. There was much more to the war than just the holocaust. I wouldn't say that taking a moral stance against wars of offense makes one an anti-semite.

How was WWII a war of offense for the US?
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2010, 09:24:23 AM »

yea who asked that?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2010, 07:52:29 PM »

lolnazisymapthizer

Liberation of France? Operation Torch? Nuking Hiroshima?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2010, 09:31:37 PM »

Yeah, I'll let that pass without comment, allowing you to fully understand the full glory of your moral superiority over the rest of us.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2010, 09:59:16 PM »

Yeah, I'll let that pass without comment, allowing you to fully understand the full glory of your moral superiority over the rest of us.

Not all wars of offense are morally equal. I hesitated to mention that as an example, since it's clearly not bad at all as far as offensive military operations go.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2010, 02:18:32 PM »

WWII was necessary and brought the world together. It's unfortunate that wars happen, but they are sometimes inevitable as we are all only humans and some humans do terrible things.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2010, 02:25:00 PM »

WWII was necessary and brought the world together. It's unfortunate that wars happen, but they are sometimes inevitable as we are all only humans and some humans do terrible things.
Lol, the war divided the world like never before in history.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2010, 09:40:02 PM »

You'd rather have Hitler unite the world under tyranny?
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2010, 12:46:29 AM »

The Soviets and Nazis would have destroyed each other on their own.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2010, 05:43:39 AM »

lolnazisymapthizer

Liberation of France? Operation Torch? Nuking Hiroshima?

That's not really relevant, with the relevant point being that the US was attacked. You cannot seriously mean that you think offensive operations in a war of defense are unjustifiable?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2010, 06:21:16 AM »

I'm hoping he was just frustrated by the troll.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2010, 02:23:03 PM »

The Soviets and Nazis would have destroyed each other on their own.

So you'd want to be united under the Nazis or Soviets than have you independence. Look to have things like freedom, some things must be sacrificed and those who sacrificed their lives were proud to do so. No one wanted to be united under the Nazis or the Soviets and your thought that they'd destroy each other is wishful thinking and a cop out.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies