"Radical Islam" and Terrorism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:29:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  "Radical Islam" and Terrorism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Radical Islam" and Terrorism  (Read 6621 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: May 16, 2010, 07:42:53 PM »

You're extreme too. ^^ Go for diplomacy first and war is the last option, but must be an option. Also when dealing with those who think they will only go to heaven if they kill the infidels, war is often the only option. It's a sad part of life. I don't like war, but it is necessary under unfortunate and extreme circumstances.

Unfortunately, none of the wars the U.S. has fought were justified.

lolnazisymapthizer

Opposing the war doesn't make you a Nazi sympathizer.

Don't tell me if you opposed WWII. Tell the Jews. Go on now. Go ahead and do it. You won't say that to them. You won't do it.

So? Does the fact that you wouldn't tell a group of people about a position you hold because it would draw their ire make that position incorrect?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 03:05:16 AM »

You're extreme too. ^^ Go for diplomacy first and war is the last option, but must be an option. Also when dealing with those who think they will only go to heaven if they kill the infidels, war is often the only option. It's a sad part of life. I don't like war, but it is necessary under unfortunate and extreme circumstances.

lolnazisymapthizer

Don't tell me if you opposed WWII. Tell the Jews. Go on now. Go ahead and do it. You won't say that to them. You won't do it.

So? Does the fact that you wouldn't tell a group of people about a position you hold because it would draw their ire make that position incorrect?

No it just makes YOU anti-semitic and a nazi sympathizer. Go through a week of concentration camp and come back with the same position. I hear Al-Qaida runs similar camps for non-believers in the middle east.

No, not really. There was much more to the war than just the holocaust. I wouldn't say that taking a moral stance against wars of offense makes one an anti-semite.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 07:52:29 PM »

lolnazisymapthizer

No it just makes YOU anti-semitic and a nazi sympathizer. Go through a week of concentration camp and come back with the same position. I hear Al-Qaida runs similar camps for non-believers in the middle east.

No, not really. There was much more to the war than just the holocaust. I wouldn't say that taking a moral stance against wars of offense makes one an anti-semite.

How was WWII a war of offense for the US?

Liberation of France? Operation Torch? Nuking Hiroshima?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 09:59:16 PM »

Yeah, I'll let that pass without comment, allowing you to fully understand the full glory of your moral superiority over the rest of us.

Not all wars of offense are morally equal. I hesitated to mention that as an example, since it's clearly not bad at all as far as offensive military operations go.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies