Haley alleged to have had an affair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:41:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Haley alleged to have had an affair
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Haley alleged to have had an affair  (Read 11119 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 24, 2010, 09:24:51 AM »

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2010/05/24/haley_alleged_to_have_had_an_affair.html

Could this have any impact on the primary?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 09:53:04 AM »

And so, fellow South Carolinians, ask not is Haley had an affair. Ask who didn't had an affairs!
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 10:02:28 AM »

Depends on how credible the allegation is.  Haley's already denied it according to the Post and Courier.  Will Folks does not have a record that inspires confidence in his absolute veracity.  Absent any substantiating evidence, this will be seen as a dirty trick.  Given Folks' connections, it could be seen as a desperation play by the Bauer camp, especially since if Haley were to implode, it would benefit Bauer the most of the other three.

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 11:12:05 AM »

Here's a blog post written in the past by the guy who says she had the affair with him: http://www.fitsnews.com/2008/12/01/people-love-nikki-haley/
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 11:19:19 AM »

Here's a blog post written in the past by the guy who says she had the affair with him: http://www.fitsnews.com/2008/12/01/people-love-nikki-haley/

How professional.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 11:52:49 AM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 12:00:53 PM »

Niiiiice.
enlightened despot
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 12:22:49 PM »

I'm amazed that in the confession (http://www.fitsnews.com/2010/05/24/will-folks-letting-the-chips-fall) he says she remains the best candidate for governor. It's not that I think he'd drop the endorsement (that would be too bizarre), but it just doesn't seem necessary.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 06:38:44 PM »

"Haley was recently endorsed by Sarah Palin as the 'pro-family, pro-life' candidate."

I want someone to run as the "anti-family" candidate.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 06:42:02 PM »

I'm amazed that in the confession (http://www.fitsnews.com/2010/05/24/will-folks-letting-the-chips-fall) he says she remains the best candidate for governor. It's not that I think he'd drop the endorsement (that would be too bizarre), but it just doesn't seem necessary.

Yeah, imo, that is part of what ruins the authenticity of the attack.  He's trying too damn hard to be authentic.  It's like he's going over the top to still be on her side, even as he's trying to ruin her career.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 07:04:09 PM »

I hope it's true. The GOP doesn't need a young female minority to be a rising start in the party.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 07:09:11 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2010, 07:11:21 PM by Lunar »

This whole incident is really a sad reflection on how awful South Carolina's political machine really is.

I mean, I see this story, and it just screams "LIE!" at me so blatantly.  Why would someone who allegedly supports Haley's candidacy launch this affair allegation a week before the primary vote?  Why would he say "improper relations" but refuse to elaborate further and say "sex?"  Why does this come immediately after a poll showing her surging ahead in the election?  And, as a recent Erickson blog post asked on RedState: why would an attractive, married woman, with three young kids at home, have an affair with an ugly, poor blogger?  How often does that happen?

This is one election where I am 1000% behind RedState, Romney, and Palin on.  If South Carolina's GOP selects anyone else, it'll be a disgrace.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 07:14:49 PM »

This whole incident is really a sad reflection on how awful South Carolina's political machine really is.

I mean, I see this story, and it just screams "LIE!" at me so blatantly.  Why would someone who allegedly supports Haley's candidacy launch this affair allegation a week before the primary vote?  Why would he say "improper relations" but refuse to elaborate further and say "sex?"  Why does this come immediately after a poll showing her surging ahead in the election?  And, as a recent Erickson blog post asked on RedState: why would an attractive, married woman, with three young kids at home, have an affair with an ugly, poor blogger?  How often does that happen?

This is one election where I am 1000% behind RedState, Romney, and Palin on.  If South Carolina's GOP selects anyone else, it'll be a disgrace.

In other words Bauer, McMaster, or Barrett will be nominated Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 12:06:05 AM »

G**dammit!

I'll end up being forced to vote Democrat before its all said and done. I won't vote for Barrett or Bauer under any circumstances.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 12:19:17 AM »

These "pro-family" South Carolinians like her and her ally Sanford are hilarious.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 12:20:16 AM »

These "pro-family" South Carolinians like her and her ally Sanford are hilarious.

You said it. Just like Mark Souder, David Vitter, and Larry Craig are also hilarious.
politicalchick20
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 12:42:08 AM »

You said it. Just like Mark Souder, David Vitter, and Larry Craig are also hilarious.

What's more hilarious is that supporting Nikki Haley is something that Mark and Jenny Sanford actually have in COMMON. Just don't appear at the same rally guys, okay? (how awkward would that be? On second thought, go for it!).
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 01:45:56 AM »

Um... you guys don't seriously think she actually had an affair with the guy, do you? She's hot and powerful; he's some random, kind of overweight blogger. Women don't have affairs with unattractive nobodies, especially not successful, family women.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 03:01:04 AM »

Um... you guys don't seriously think she actually had an affair with the guy, do you? She's hot and powerful; he's some random, kind of overweight blogger. Women don't have affairs with unattractive nobodies, especially not successful, family women.

Maybe she has a fetish for fat guys.

In which case I endorse her.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 08:53:37 AM »

He now claims he has five years of e-mails, texts, whatever.

If true, it's just sad and sordid.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 09:03:38 AM »

He now claims he has five years of e-mails, texts, whatever.

If true, it's just sad and sordid.

Is there a link to them, or is he just babbling that he has them?

And he says he doesn't want to ruin her career?  Roll Eyes
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 09:44:43 AM »

I'd highly doubt it to be true. If it is, well, I wasn't going to vote for her anyway.

Nikki Haley has been touting about her husband in the army, so, this would be very embarrassing. 
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 10:14:05 AM »

I wonder which candidate is responsible for this rumor?
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 11:15:38 AM »

Bauer would certainly be suspect #1, he's the most dodgy guy in the race. I wouldn't call this a rumor though, more like an outright accusation. If this guy can't provide the emails and texts he says he has then I say this blows up in his face and Haley ends up winning. If he can, then I would say that Haley loses, and it probably wasn't the work of another campaign (unless one of the other camps found out about this while digging for dirt and is pressuring the blogger).
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 11:19:32 AM »

Bauer would certainly be suspect #1, he's the most dodgy guy in the race. I wouldn't call this a rumor though, more like an outright accusation. If this guy can't provide the emails and texts he says he has then I say this blows up in his face and Haley ends up winning. If he can, then I would say that Haley loses, and it probably wasn't the work of another campaign (unless one of the other camps found out about this while digging for dirt and is pressuring the blogger).

Whoaaaaaaaa wait, why blame Bauer.  Didn't this guy break the news in his blog?  Or did I mis-read the earlier stuff?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies