Haley alleged to have had an affair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:34:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Haley alleged to have had an affair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Haley alleged to have had an affair  (Read 11134 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2010, 07:28:45 PM »
« edited: June 22, 2010, 07:35:06 PM by Grumpy Gramps »

Looks like she won the run off

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_primary_rdp
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2010, 07:45:32 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2010, 08:51:03 PM by Lunar »

Do voters in the Palmetto state really care about this? If so, I find that odd.

I mean, female candidates being accused of having an affair isn't common enough for political junkies to have much familiarity with the subject...especially when it's so obviously baseless.

Didn't what's-her-face down in Oklahoma admit to an affair or something? Mary Fallin?  And she's probably going to be Oklahoma's next governor.  Not that familiar with Fallin, and I don't care to research it any further, but just passing on my usual insider BS rumors.  

I calls it like I sees it, despite wallowing in my own gossip, I never heard more than one ounce credible to the Nikki stuff.  The less than one ounce I heard that remotely sounded persuadable was that some of her friends, reportedly, said they "wouldn't be surprised" if it were true.  

Nikki Haley is the newest Indian-American Southern Republican governor in a state famous for its racist discrimination!  HOW WEIRD.  Anyway, onward ho!

Before Obama, I had voiced the opinion that I thought the next non-white President would be a Republican Hispanic, as I had thought a national election between a Democratic minority to a Republican white to be less favorable towards the odds than a Democratic white to a Republican minority, as the  former could play more on stereotypes, but I was obviously wrong.  And who even knew that Indian-Americans could make such an impact in such areas!  I mean, I know some Indian-Americans were tied up in the Blagojevich stuff, there's some stuff going on in Kansas, and one lost in Minnesota last year in a race she shouldn't have lost, but South Carolina & Louisiana?  Who'd a thunk.

Maybe we junkies don't "get it" like we though we did.  I used to have great hopes for Nikki profiteering off of the Sanford machine, but three that all out the window after the "Appalachian Trail" -- but not only did she weather that, but she weathered similar accusations against herself and running against TWO statewide officials with tons of influential players behind them, and one DC Congressman with national support (like Cheney) behind him ... and got 49% ... which would be incredible for like, Jim DeMint running in this race against such opponents, let alone a mere Indian-American State Representative!

Holy cow!
politicalchick20
United States

« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2010, 10:48:06 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

In 1998, Mary Fallin, who was OK's Lt. Gov at the time, divorced her husband, and it was rumored that she had had an affair with a trooper assigned to her security detail, though both denied it. The Governor at the time, Frank Keating, was criticized for not criticizing Fallin after he had criticized Bill Clinton during the Lewinsky scandal (which occurred at about the same time).

This is courtesy the Almanac of American Politics 2010 Edition (which is seriously my politcal bible. I love it.).
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2010, 11:01:20 AM »

Wonderful reference........thanks, P C
politicalchick20
United States

« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2010, 02:50:09 PM »

Just for the sake of it, here's the full quote on Fallin from p.1227 of the Almanac of American Politics:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And there you have it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies