Haley alleged to have had an affair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:00:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Haley alleged to have had an affair (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Haley alleged to have had an affair  (Read 11172 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: May 24, 2010, 11:12:05 AM »

Here's a blog post written in the past by the guy who says she had the affair with him: http://www.fitsnews.com/2008/12/01/people-love-nikki-haley/
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 06:42:02 PM »

I'm amazed that in the confession (http://www.fitsnews.com/2010/05/24/will-folks-letting-the-chips-fall) he says she remains the best candidate for governor. It's not that I think he'd drop the endorsement (that would be too bizarre), but it just doesn't seem necessary.

Yeah, imo, that is part of what ruins the authenticity of the attack.  He's trying too damn hard to be authentic.  It's like he's going over the top to still be on her side, even as he's trying to ruin her career.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 07:09:11 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2010, 07:11:21 PM by Lunar »

This whole incident is really a sad reflection on how awful South Carolina's political machine really is.

I mean, I see this story, and it just screams "LIE!" at me so blatantly.  Why would someone who allegedly supports Haley's candidacy launch this affair allegation a week before the primary vote?  Why would he say "improper relations" but refuse to elaborate further and say "sex?"  Why does this come immediately after a poll showing her surging ahead in the election?  And, as a recent Erickson blog post asked on RedState: why would an attractive, married woman, with three young kids at home, have an affair with an ugly, poor blogger?  How often does that happen?

This is one election where I am 1000% behind RedState, Romney, and Palin on.  If South Carolina's GOP selects anyone else, it'll be a disgrace.

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 11:54:41 AM »

I wonder which candidate is responsible for this rumor?

Bauer would certainly be suspect #1, he's the most dodgy guy in the race. I wouldn't call this a rumor though, more like an outright accusation. If this guy can't provide the emails and texts he says he has then I say this blows up in his face and Haley ends up winning. If he can, then I would say that Haley loses, and it probably wasn't the work of another campaign (unless one of the other camps found out about this while digging for dirt and is pressuring the blogger).

Whoaaaaaaaa wait, why blame Bauer.  Didn't this guy break the news in his blog?  Or did I mis-read the earlier stuff?

Well the blogger says he was doing it to cut off leaks that would have been made by others, and says he's still behind Haley, so if the story is true then I can only imagine it was the Bauer campaign that brought the heat.

If he supported her campaign, why wouldn't he just let Bauer leak it out and then deny it?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 02:32:57 PM »

From a Salon.com article

"Folks says the story was being leaked to the press by Haley's primary opponent, Gresham Barrett."

Link

Wait...why would a blogger need someone to leak a story to the media?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 02:33:56 PM »

Also, if this blogger really DOES support Haley, why is he holding onto his txts and phone messages instead of just deleting them?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 02:59:04 PM »

Guy in the center is the blogger

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 05:44:54 PM »

lol, you gotta admire RedState's gutsy stunt on this:

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/05/27/breaking-we-know-who-did-it/

Obviously if they had such information, they would use it to destroy Haley's accuser and send her soaring in these days before the primary.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 07:16:33 PM »

Nice find lief

If he indeed "still supports her for governor," why is he still stringing along the media, in such a way as to maximize damage to her?

If he most wanted to support her candidacy, he would f'n deny it until after primary day.  This whole think still smells like shady baloney of the worst sort.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 02:39:35 PM »

read this then: http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/HaireoftheDog/archives/2010/05/27/haley-allegation-not-the-first-from-fits-news
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 08:41:42 PM »

Let me break this down.

1. A blogger, who is known for smear campaigns, and who has repeatedly previously insinuated South Carolina Republicans of having scandals, promising forthcoming information, but without ever providing it, has accused Haley of having an affair with him.

2. He professes he still supports Haley, but yet he is releasing his information in such a way as to maximize damage to Haley if he didn't actually have the information. 

2a) If he did have the evidence, and wanted to hurt Haley the most, he'd release all of the evidence now.

2b) If he did have the evidence, and wanted to protect Haley, he wouldn't be so coy and encouraging the media to get psyched up about this.

2c) If he didn't have the evidence, and just wanted to screw Haley's campaign up, he'd be doing exactly what he has been doing.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 08:43:05 PM »

ugh, when will people stop taking Roch seriously?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 08:27:38 PM »

Rumors of a second affair have surfaced. A former Bauer staffer

lol nope.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 08:29:12 PM »

Bauer is making Blagojevich look good.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 08:42:37 PM »

This guy apparently has a police record as well and is known to be a slime ball. This is about as believable as the first one. The most hilarious thing is seeing these guys throwing out all kinds of crap because they are afraid a woman is going to beat them. It's pretty disgusting if you ask me.

While their attacks are sexist, I don't think their motives are.  They're really in a point of desperation, politically, and are worried about making it to a run-off.

South Carolina's scumbag politics has forced me to be rooting for the same candidate that RedState and Sarah Palin are.  Isn't that funny?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 08:51:32 PM »

This can only help Haley in the end. I mean SC people aren't that stupid to believe these two guys.

It's not like a prominent South Carolina GOP primary has been corrupted by slime politics before.  Did you know that McCain had an out-of-wedlock black daughter?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain#2000_presidential_campaign
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 09:03:42 PM »

Tomorrow: Breaking news: Bauer's campaign manager alleges to have had a threesome with McMaster and Haley.

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 11:25:41 PM »

So Bauer took a lie detector test that proves he's not responsible for the Haley business.

Only in South Carolina.

Really?  Link?

I want to see the questions.  I doubt he himself ordered such tactics, but I doubt his people are not linked to it.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »

Barrett's new ad, goes there

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/06/barretts-new-sc-gov-ad-hes-a-christian-family-man-who-wont-embarrass-us-video.php
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 08:08:44 PM »

Since Barrett can't afford to ignore the rumors entirely, this is about as tasteful an ad as can be expected about it under the circumstances.  Besides, his only realistic hope of winning the runoff is that something new comes out about Haley in the next two weeks.

You can't give him credit for not running an non-tasteful ad, when all the evidence indicates such a move would backfire. 

By quietly alluding to it, via a third party in the ad, he's doing about as everything possible he can get away with.  I hadn't thought of that, but that's a good point in that he wants to be in position to capitalize on Haley's scandal turning out to be authentic, even if he doesn't believe it's very likely to be thus.

Barrett previously invested in a 60 second spot, talking directly to the camera, where he explains his TARP vote for "George Bush's" and tries to make it clear that he opposes Democratic deficit-spending, it as an interesting ad, one I treated of desperation (which it was), but I'd probably credit it with a large chunk of why he made it to the run-off.

And, of course, Rudy Giuliani endorsing McMaster a few days before the primary = what?

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 08:14:34 PM »

And, I should say, even if the Nikki rumors escalate, I can't see Barrett getting away from the fact that he's a Washington politician who voted for TARP, not to mention the fact that it'd be hard for Jesus himself to get up from a 1/5th of the vote to 50.1% in a runoff against someone who nearly got 50% in the original vote, despite running against several serious statewide candidates.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 07:45:32 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2010, 08:51:03 PM by Lunar »

Do voters in the Palmetto state really care about this? If so, I find that odd.

I mean, female candidates being accused of having an affair isn't common enough for political junkies to have much familiarity with the subject...especially when it's so obviously baseless.

Didn't what's-her-face down in Oklahoma admit to an affair or something? Mary Fallin?  And she's probably going to be Oklahoma's next governor.  Not that familiar with Fallin, and I don't care to research it any further, but just passing on my usual insider BS rumors.  

I calls it like I sees it, despite wallowing in my own gossip, I never heard more than one ounce credible to the Nikki stuff.  The less than one ounce I heard that remotely sounded persuadable was that some of her friends, reportedly, said they "wouldn't be surprised" if it were true.  

Nikki Haley is the newest Indian-American Southern Republican governor in a state famous for its racist discrimination!  HOW WEIRD.  Anyway, onward ho!

Before Obama, I had voiced the opinion that I thought the next non-white President would be a Republican Hispanic, as I had thought a national election between a Democratic minority to a Republican white to be less favorable towards the odds than a Democratic white to a Republican minority, as the  former could play more on stereotypes, but I was obviously wrong.  And who even knew that Indian-Americans could make such an impact in such areas!  I mean, I know some Indian-Americans were tied up in the Blagojevich stuff, there's some stuff going on in Kansas, and one lost in Minnesota last year in a race she shouldn't have lost, but South Carolina & Louisiana?  Who'd a thunk.

Maybe we junkies don't "get it" like we though we did.  I used to have great hopes for Nikki profiteering off of the Sanford machine, but three that all out the window after the "Appalachian Trail" -- but not only did she weather that, but she weathered similar accusations against herself and running against TWO statewide officials with tons of influential players behind them, and one DC Congressman with national support (like Cheney) behind him ... and got 49% ... which would be incredible for like, Jim DeMint running in this race against such opponents, let alone a mere Indian-American State Representative!

Holy cow!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies