Haley alleged to have had an affair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:51:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Haley alleged to have had an affair (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Haley alleged to have had an affair  (Read 11151 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 24, 2010, 10:02:28 AM »

Depends on how credible the allegation is.  Haley's already denied it according to the Post and Courier.  Will Folks does not have a record that inspires confidence in his absolute veracity.  Absent any substantiating evidence, this will be seen as a dirty trick.  Given Folks' connections, it could be seen as a desperation play by the Bauer camp, especially since if Haley were to implode, it would benefit Bauer the most of the other three.

Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 02:05:31 PM »

I wonder which candidate is responsible for this rumor?

Bauer would certainly be suspect #1, he's the most dodgy guy in the race. I wouldn't call this a rumor though, more like an outright accusation. If this guy can't provide the emails and texts he says he has then I say this blows up in his face and Haley ends up winning. If he can, then I would say that Haley loses, and it probably wasn't the work of another campaign (unless one of the other camps found out about this while digging for dirt and is pressuring the blogger).

Whoaaaaaaaa wait, why blame Bauer.  Didn't this guy break the news in his blog?  Or did I mis-read the earlier stuff?

The blogger has done work before for Rod Shealy who is the brains behind the Bauer campaign and as others have already pointed out, Bauer has the most to gain from an implosion of the Haley campaign.  Also, Bauer is doing so poorly, he's the only one of Haley's opponents for whom it would make sense to risk the blowback of this before the primary instead of during the runoff.  If it is a dirty trick, the Bauer campaign (i.e. Rod Shealy) is the one who is the most likely cause of this.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 04:42:24 PM »

Guy in the center is the blogger

Now my question with this, is why would a hot looking, successful woman like Haley have an affair with the man in the center who looks like he suffers from Down Syndrome?

Because the man on the left had already found his soulmate in Argentina? 0:)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 12:53:16 PM »

The fact that he is referring to this as Haley-gate, is yet another reason for me to doubt his veracity.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 01:55:58 PM »

The fact that he is referring to this as Haley-gate, is yet another reason for me to doubt his veracity.

What is the "feel" in SC from people you talk to?

Unless Folks produces some actual proof, this will actually help Haley.  For one thing, it is making it all but impossible for anyone to campaign against her right now, lest they be drawn into the mud themselves. She's a lock for the runoff right now, and it's even conceivable there won't be a runoff.

Clearly Folks intends to drag this out as long as possible to keep himself in the limelight, so who knows when or how this will end.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 09:45:18 PM »

Just when we might hope this story might die down, Sanford had to open his big mouth today.

(link - WIS-TV)

At least he didn't say much beyond he didn't believe the allegation, but it would have been nice to have a news cycle with nothing on this story.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 08:01:44 PM »

It's a retooling of the ad Barrett ran with the same "drill sergeant" in the last few days before the primary.  Not as good as the first ad, but since that first ad was certainly one factor in why Barrett got second place instead of McMaster, it is understandable why he'd go back to a similar ad for the runoff.

Since Barrett can't afford to ignore the rumors entirely, this is about as tasteful an ad as can be expected about it under the circumstances.  Besides, his only realistic hope of winning the runoff is that something new comes out about Haley in the next two weeks.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 09:02:39 PM »

And, of course, Rudy Giuliani endorsing McMaster a few days before the primary = what?

I agree.  The robocall I got of Giuliani asking me to support a "strong conservative" by voting for McMaster made me wonder a lot.  I could see bringing in Giuliani for the general election, but not in a SC primary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies