Mideast Abortion Ban Repeal: Petition for Referendum. IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:49:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Abortion Ban Repeal: Petition for Referendum. IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mideast Abortion Ban Repeal: Petition for Referendum. IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!  (Read 2108 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 27, 2010, 08:22:51 AM »
« edited: May 28, 2010, 05:25:02 PM by Badger »

Pursuant to Article III, Section 2, Paragraph 6 of the Mideast Constitution, I publically protest the Mideast Abortion III Bill recently enacted into law:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

and call on all Mideast voters who are rightly alarmed by this intrusive deprivation of personal liberties to SIGN THIS PETITION THREAD in order to place the issue on the ballot for region-wide referendum. Four (4) petitioners will be sufficient to place this on the ballot, so please sign today!

X Badger

BTW: PLEASE also sign the petition to place this on the ballot as an Initiative. (Trust me, on the importance to do both).

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=117438.0
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 04:44:54 PM »

Well, yes, officially this petition means nothing at the moment, but it does serve to reason of attempting to influence the decision makers to stop this monstrosity via veto.

Although I don't see much worth doing that.

When I started this petition I mistakenly believed the 7 day period for the governor to veto this bill had already passed and it had accordingly been automatically enacted into law already. I realized my error yesterday and admit I jumped the gun on this. Embarrassed

Peter's opinion that signatures collected before Governor Tmth formally signed this bill today are invalid may be correct. So to be safe I'm asking all Mideasterners who previously signed this petition to please do so again now. This way we can avoid any legal challenges to the referendum's legitimacy.

Thank you all, both in and out of the Mideast for your words of support here. With work I predict our campaign to repeal this draconian invasion of the most private decsions and basic freedoms will soon be repealed! DAVE BLESS THE MIDEAST!

(Again, for the record):

X  Badger
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 01:15:52 PM »

I might be misreading something, but in practice these restrictions would not be especially severe. 'Health' is an elastic concept.
Not that prison makes sense as a punishment.

Exactly. And that issue is THE crux of the entire debate over legalized abortion. Even those who have strong personal oppostition to abortion understand drawing the line at making it a crime and punishable by incarceration.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies