Should birthright citizenship include children of illegals? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:35:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should birthright citizenship include children of illegals? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Should birthright citizenship include children of illegals?  (Read 7069 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: May 28, 2010, 11:52:22 PM »

Yes.

I couldn't think of anything more UnAmerican than denying a child born on American soil American citizenship.

Agreed. I would suggest relaxing restrictions on immigration, which would greatly reduce the problem of anchor babies.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 12:35:06 AM »

Yes.

I couldn't think of anything more UnAmerican than denying a child born on American soil American citizenship.

Agreed. I would suggest relaxing restrictions on immigration, which would greatly reduce the problem of anchor babies.

There is already too much immigration, legal and illegal, into the United States.

There can never be too much immigration.
The United States wouldn't exist without immigrants.  Immigrants are the lifeblood of the United States.

The United States is not the developing nation it once was. We don't need immigrants anymore, and in fact, we take in way too many.

So? If someone wants to come here & they do not have any predilections towards criminal activity, it is absolutely none of our business.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 12:47:49 AM »

I'm all for more legal immigration (if we need it), but there is no way we can just swing open the doors and let everybody that can get here in.  That is very bad policy.

I agree that totally open borders would be bad policy. With that said, I think we should move as close to open borders as we can without suffering disaster, just because I don't think it is any of our business if someone wants to come here & that person is not a wanton criminal.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 04:36:28 PM »

I suppose instead of being light-years ahead, it's merely streets ahead. We are ahead, just not by that much. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies