EVIDENCE: Dead Vote for Kerry
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:20:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  EVIDENCE: Dead Vote for Kerry
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EVIDENCE: Dead Vote for Kerry  (Read 1581 times)
khirkhib

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 31, 2004, 06:56:20 PM »

Dear Senator Kerry,
One of your most steadfast supporters from the moment she learned about your bid for the presidency was my mother Joan Friedman.  For most of her life, my mother's time was taken with raising a family and working, although she was a life long democrat.    The first time she volunteered to work for the Democratic Party was during the Clinton campaign.  She was sixty-seven years old.  She worked tirelessly for the Clinton campaign and because of it won the State Democratic Party's "Volunteer of the Year Award."

Even during the meteoric rise of Howard Dean she supported your candidacy.  She believed that you were more presidential than the other candidates.  She once told my husband not to let me know, that she was going to vote for you regardless of my support for Howard Dean at the time.

My mother died, from complications arising from End Stage Emphysema, on October 23, 2004 at 12:20 in the afternoon.  She was 79 years young.  Before she died she had two wishes.  Her first wish was that before she died she wanted to be sure that she voted for you.  The second wish was private. Although filling out the ballot was a slow and painful process she would not stop until she had completed the early ballot.

Your presidency was so important to her that as she lay dying she wanted to be surrounded by Kerry bumper stickers, Kerry buttons, and other Kerry paraphernalia.  She believed that every vote counts and that if the America she loved, based on democratic principles and individual protections, were not just slogans, but reflect core beliefs of the American people, you must be the next president of the United States. 

Two days prior to my mother's death she mailed her early ballot and was deeply satisfied that she was able to do the right thing.  It was the last document she would sign.  Her priest was with her in her final moments.  She passed peacefully and with great dignity satisfied that even in the end she fulfilled her responsibility to this great country.

My mother had the deepest respect for you, Senator Kerry, so please do your best to become not just the next president of the U.S., but the best president, committed to the ideals of our republic and committed to all of the American people. 

Sincerely,

My Mother's daughter
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 07:43:58 PM »

Depending on state law, it might or might not count.
DFLofMN
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 05:42:49 PM »

With all the senior citizens in FL its no wonder they have early voting!  I would hate to verify all of those, that number could be in the 0,000s!
Esteban Manuel
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 07:05:11 PM »

With all the due respect for the law, considering the fact about obstructions in FL and OH by GOP members, the attemps to mislead voters (in black  and minorities areas) and all the other kind of intervention by the GOP, i don't know if the vote of her mother can be count, but even if is counted 1000 times still seems fair to me.

By the way, your mother was a beautyfull and brave act and i think everybody anknowledge that.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 08:40:41 PM »

With all the due respect for the law, considering the fact about obstructions in FL and OH by GOP members, the attemps to mislead voters (in black  and minorities areas) and all the other kind of intervention by the GOP, i don't know if the vote of her mother can be count, but even if is counted 1000 times still seems fair to me.

I live in a ward of Phila that is 90+% African American and the closest thing to an attempt to "mislead" anyone was a Democrat worker who said, "George Bush is trying to kill us all."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies