69% of the UK public support more gun regulations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:14:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  69% of the UK public support more gun regulations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 69% of the UK public support more gun regulations  (Read 5290 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 05, 2010, 06:14:33 AM »

Don'tchaknow the only difference between England the US is our gun laws.  So obviously stricter gun laws would make them safer.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 02:01:00 PM »

I don't hate freedom. Quite the opposite. I support the freedom for people to walk the streets safely without the fear of a nutter going round shooting people up.
Do you really think people in America are afraid to walk the streets for fear of being shot?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 04:55:28 AM »

I don't hate freedom. Quite the opposite. I support the freedom for people to walk the streets safely without the fear of a nutter going round shooting people up.
Do you really think people in America are afraid to walk the streets for fear of being shot?

Suburbanites basically are. They seem to think cities are basically daily gun battles and residents have to wear bullet proof vests to survive.
Maybe, but most people...I'd assume somewhere north of 99% of us, are NOT afraid to walk the streets around our own neighborhoods.  Yeah, we might not want to go walk around that neighborhood across town because it's full of people that don't look like the people in my neighborhood, but I bet that's just as true in England as it is Texas.  I wouldn't be shocked if it was worse there even.  At least Texans have a history of living and working with each other, it's kind of new phenomenon in Europe.

That said, why the hell should I care what gun laws people in the UK have or want?  I feel for those there that love both liberty and guns and wish them the best in their fight with the Nancys in the majority, but it's not my fight.  It's much less of a big deal than, say, how women are treated in S.Arabia.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies