69% of the UK public support more gun regulations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:11:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  69% of the UK public support more gun regulations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 69% of the UK public support more gun regulations  (Read 5282 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: June 05, 2010, 04:47:50 PM »

Haha, that's ironic.

Believe it or not, I enjoy the thought that it is so hard to acquire a gun. The country is far safer for it. This is a country and a culture which has always been hostile to legalised gun ownership. The only people who ought to be allowed guns are the police.

So, you really are that off the wall after all.

Your entire country is off the wall for believing it's okay to give people guns.

Of course it's ok. Why do you hate freedom, anyway? Weren't you a libertarian once?

I don't hate freedom. Quite the opposite. I support the freedom for people to walk the streets safely without the fear of a nutter going round shooting people up.

Right, and you still haven't addressed the points made in my first reply--the bad people are still going to have guns, even if they are illegal. Illegalizing guns, therefore, create the illusion of safer streets when in fact criminals still have guns all along. Why, then, must we make it harder for law abiding citizens to have guns? Gun rights can be abused, just like all other rights, but that doesn't mean that we should ban all guns.

Interestingly enough, gun crime is more or less nonexistent in Japan.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies