69% of the UK public support more gun regulations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:01:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  69% of the UK public support more gun regulations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 69% of the UK public support more gun regulations  (Read 5287 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: June 05, 2010, 06:35:26 AM »

Britons are free to live without the constant threat of being murdered by a gun, either by a criminal or a thuggish policeman.

Such as the people killed a few days ago by the taxi driver? Sure their murder rate is lower, but I'm not sold on the idea that guns/murder rate is the only relevant corelation.

Yes, and we have 300 million people as well.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 05:19:10 AM »

in fact strict control would probably lead to a surge in terrorism perpetrated by right-wing extremists.

It wouldn't be "terrorism" at that point. Sorry, try again. If the government tries to remove ones God given rights it is the right of the people to do whatever necessary to sustain said right.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 05:57:34 AM »

in fact strict control would probably lead to a surge in terrorism perpetrated by right-wing extremists.

It wouldn't be "terrorism" at that point. Sorry, try again. If the government tries to remove ones God given rights it is the right of the people to do whatever necessary to sustain said right.

I suppose the word terrorism was a poor choice, since these persons might decide to pursue more tactical goals in their operations. That said, I dislike the negative connotations of the word terrorism, since inducing fear in the enemy is a perfectly valid aspect of warfare (provided that you aren't committing war crimes in the process of doing so). Still, I suspect that you will still take issue with my use of the word "extremists".

In such an unlikely event as a total gun ban then they wouldn't be any more extreme then our founding fathers.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 10:55:00 PM »

Nothing different then what the founders thought.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 05:39:57 AM »

Then explain why the founders talked about natural rights. Sorry Patrick but self defense falls under that category.

Lief, quit trolling.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 04:36:47 PM »

Then explain why the founders talked about natural rights.

Because they wrongly thought natural rights exist.

Well you're a social communist, why should I care what you and your ilk think?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 05:47:34 PM »

I pretty much don't and he will anyhow.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 04:54:04 PM »

Probably been mentioned here before but it's probably worth looking at what our gun laws actually are.

Love this little bit from wiki

'Following the awarding of the 2012 Olympic Games to London, the government announced that special dispensation would be granted to allow the various shooting events to go ahead, as had been the case previously for the 2002 Commonwealth Games. However, it was still illegal for Britain's top pistol shooters to train in England, Scotland or Wales. As a result, British shooters currently spend 20 to 30 days a year training in Switzerland, and receive no public sports funding because their events are considered illegal in the UK.'

LOL
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies