The Curious Case of Alvin Greene
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:12:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The Curious Case of Alvin Greene
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Poll
Question: ***
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: The Curious Case of Alvin Greene  (Read 15469 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 01:00:52 PM »

It's interesting because there are rumors of an IE direct mail boost for Greene annd he's unemplloyed and qualified for a public defender, which in SC requires that you show proof that you live in poverty, how did he get ten thousand dollarrs??!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 01:05:53 PM »

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2010/06/10/clyburn_says_greene_was_a_plant.html

Clyburn is calling for an investigation into weather or not Greene is a Republican plant (given South Carolina's "interesting" history with dirty tricks I wouldn't be remotely surprised if this ends up being the case).
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2010, 01:08:42 PM »

Hilarious. SCDems might as well curl up and die.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 01:13:14 PM »

lol at the whole situation...
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 01:24:11 PM »

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2010/06/10/clyburn_says_greene_was_a_plant.html

Clyburn is calling for an investigation into weather or not Greene is a Republican plant (given South Carolina's "interesting" history with dirty tricks I wouldn't be remotely surprised if this ends up being the case).

I'm not sure why SC Republicans would spend any time attempting to do such a thing. But I stopped trying to understand South Carolina's Republican establishment a long time ago.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2010, 01:32:09 PM »

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall,
Which is the most pathetic state party of them all?
The NY GOP holds that title, I say
But the SC Dems come closer with each passing day
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall,
Which is the most pathetic state party of them all?
The NY GOP holds that title, I say
But the SC Dems come closer with each passing day

Very Nice.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2010, 02:27:38 PM »

I'm listening to him being interviewed right now, it is truly pitiful.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2010, 02:48:58 PM »

If he wasn't black the SC Dem party wouldn't care.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2010, 03:08:39 PM »

They wouldn't care about having a nominee who doesn't seem to have even a basic understanding of what free and fair trade are (let alone a position on them)?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 04:44:55 PM »

More fun:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/06/10/sc-sen_democrat_alvin_greene_rambles_on_during_appearance_on_fox.html
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2010, 04:56:23 PM »

I think they may be just a tad more worried about him not having any money, any experience, being a convicted felon, having a murky military record, and not knowing a great deal about policy.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2010, 05:23:39 PM »

Actually, there were three similar black candidates, another unknown who beat the party favorite in a Congressional race as well.

Some GOP operatives are interestingly accusing him of being a Democratic plant.  The reasoning: if you're unopposed in your primary, you don't appear on the ballot in South Carolina.  Obviously you want name recognition...

But it seems like he was very much an illegal plant of some kind.  If the rumors of a third-party direct mail effort targeting black voters are true, then the above ballot theory wouldn't make sense (unless GOP operatives were trying to take advantage of the ballot scheme done by Dem operatives?).
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2010, 05:33:12 PM »

Can some Democratic donor hire this guy to be a doorguard or something, so he has a job besides being a giant FEC target?
xavier110
United States
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2010, 05:42:05 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DLestzGLYw
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2010, 05:44:19 PM »

Can some Democratic donor hire this guy to be a doorguard or something, so he has a job besides being a giant FEC target?

I should add: I don't believe that's even illegal, if phrased correctly.  It can't be quid pro quo, but someone is able to say "Hey, the whole world is crashing down on you, I heard your story, you seem like an honorable man fallen on bad times and I don't believe the rumors about you, I need someone of your background to administrate my property, so you're free to call me up if you end up withdrawing from this busy Senate campaign you're about to wage, or afterwards should you end up not being successful."

Of all the "job offers" for the White House to give...
politicalchick20
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2010, 07:46:19 PM »

All of these interviews with Greene are just too painful to watch (most recent one: Olbermann). Yeesh...
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 07:59:42 PM »

cross-posted:

Al, I can't imagine this guy NOT being a plant.  As I alluded to either, South Carolina has really strict limits on public defenders.  This dude was charged with a felony a couple months ago, and anyone with $10k in a savings account would NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR A PUBLIC DEFENDER IN SOUTH CAROLINA.   In other parts of the country, maybe.  The best case scenario for Greene is that he actually did have some "savings" from his time in the military, and that he intentionally hid said savings from the court in his request for a public defender.  But then, why would such a penny-pincher who lied to get a public defender, invest $10,000 in a campaign he would do nothing to engage in?

So, this guy, who a couple months ago proved to a court that he did not have $10k in the bank and qualified for a public defender, and who has been unemployed and living at his parent's house for nine months, suddenly has $10,400 to spend on a filing fee for a Senate primary in which he goes to zero events for, and does zero campaigning for?

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, shakes your hand [with its wing], and hands you a signed form telling you that it's a duck....?  

This isn't "possibly fishy" this is full red sirens blaring in a corruption prosecutors' eyes.

Whoever said the SC Dems qualified for an ineffective state party seem to be having their assertion proven over the last few days (unless any of the plant theories prove true--no, they're still a joke state party).

Some political shenanigans occurred in a race no one cared about, as the winner would have no chance...

are you aware of South Carolina's history?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/governors/the-five-nastiest-south-caroli.html#more

Just saying.  Look at how NY GOP should be performing in the districts that they gerrymandered, holding 2 of 29 federal seats statewide, and zero statewide offices.

Just because some ineffective party fails at competing in a primary for a race they never really cared about, doesn't make them ineffective.  
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2010, 08:04:28 PM »

All of these interviews with Greene are just too painful to watch (most recent one: Olbermann). Yeesh...

Oh wow, I need to see that.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2010, 08:06:30 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2010, 08:12:58 PM by Lunar »

Oh wow, I need to see that.

I'm 20 seconds in, and I'm already feeling pained.  It's like beyond Schadenfreude and more like pity.  I'm starting to feel bad for Greene.

http://www.therightscoop.com/disaster-keith-olbermann-interviews-alvin-greene

If this were a competitive seat, I'd feel less pity.  Maybe this is what Jm felt like watching Sarah Palin on Katie Couric, only a monosyllabic  version of Sarah though.

edit: it gets worse.  Olbermann sounds like a special-ed teacher.  This man needs to withdrawal now, to save himself.  

edit: yowzers.  I don't know how many more of these videos I can take.   It's worse than watching a car accident in slow motion.  He's clearly not able to conduct interviews in even the most remote of fashion.  
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2010, 08:15:54 PM »

srsly, the 'plant' explanation is looking more and more likely.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2010, 08:22:30 PM »

DAYUMMMM.  They could have at least put a soundtrack in the background to cover up all the dead air.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »

Anyone else think he probably suffers from social anxiety of some sort? He doesn't really even know how to interact with people, it seems. Poor fellow.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2010, 08:25:17 PM »

Anyone else think he probably suffers from social anxiety of some sort? He doesn't really even know how to interact with people, it seems. Poor fellow.

Echoes my feeling.  I'm going to have to stop watching these interviews if he keeps doing them for the next six months.   
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2010, 08:25:29 PM »

He's either a sufferer of social anxiety or a bad actor.  Either way, not a good politician...

That appearance on Olbermann was pretty good though...Did anyone hear the person in the background yelling talking points?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies