IMPORTANT CABINET ANNOUNCEMENT - ALL MEMBERS MUST READ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:39:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  IMPORTANT CABINET ANNOUNCEMENT - ALL MEMBERS MUST READ
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: IMPORTANT CABINET ANNOUNCEMENT - ALL MEMBERS MUST READ  (Read 13492 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 14, 2004, 08:00:18 PM »
« edited: March 14, 2004, 08:02:10 PM by Sec. of Forum Defense MAS117 »

Dear Atlas Forum Citizens,

At this crucial process in the Atlas's history and at a time where we need to focus on the signing our constiution certain occurances have come about. Without any notice from the President Nym90, due to what we believe as personal matters, the President has been absent at a important time where leadership and guidance is needed within the forum. The cabinet believes if the President does not return to the forum by 10:30pm Eastern Standard Time on Wednesday, then Current Atlas Vice President Harry of Mississippi will become Acting President. Because myself and DemRepDan are the only current members of the Presidential cabinet only we can determine the fate of the Presidency. Vice President Harry does not have the authority to make such cabinet appointments therefore we did not consult Gustaf in these conservations. However  since the majority of the cabinet wishs this to happen, what Gustaf would have to say does not really matter. If the Vice President does in fact become Acting President he will not nominate a Vice President. We believe that is this for the good of the forum. However, when the President does return to the forum he will be given full exective authority and Vice President Harry will return to his Vice Presidential duties. Thank you all, goodnight, and God Bless the Atlas Forum Citizens.

Sincerely,

MAS117
   Sec. of Forum Defense & Security
   &   
   Demrepdan
   Sec. of Forum Affairs
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 08:22:03 PM »

Confused
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2004, 08:33:42 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2004, 08:39:35 PM by Christopher Michael »

At this crucial process in the Atlas's history and at a time where we need to focus on the signing our constiution certain occurances have come about. Without any notice from the President Nym90, due to what we believe as personal matters, the President has been absent at a important time where leadership and guidance is needed within the forum. The cabinet believes if the President does not return to the forum by 10:30pm Eastern Standard Time on Wednesday, then Current Atlas Vice President Harry of Mississippi will become Acting President. Because myself and DemRepDan are the only current members of the Presidential cabinet only we can determine the fate of the Presidency. Vice President Harry does not have the authority to make such cabinet appointments therefore we did not consult Gustaf in these conservations. However  since the majority of the cabinet wishs this to happen, what Gustaf would have to say does not really matter. If the Vice President does in fact become Acting President he will not nominate a Vice President. We believe that is this for the good of the forum. However, when the President does return to the forum he will be given full exective authority and Vice President Harry will return to his Vice Presidential duties. Thank you all, goodnight, and God Bless the Atlas Forum Citizens.

Sincerely,

MAS117
   &   
   Demrepdan
   Sec. of Forum Affairs
No, you didn't, nor do you have the Authority to do so. I am the Chief of Staff to the President, any inquiries regarding his absence will first be directed to me. Thank You.

CHRISTOPHER MICHAEL, WHITE HOUSE CHIEF OF STAFF.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 08:40:47 PM »

Sincerely,

MAS117
   &   
   Demrepdan
   Sec. of Forum Affairs
No, you didn't, nor do you have the Authority to do so. I am the Chief of Staff to the President, any inquiries regarding his absence will first be made by me. Thank You.

Mr. Michael-

Let's be clear here. The Cabinet's loyalites lie with the President. At the present time this prospal is necessary.  Our intentions is for the President to return as soon as possible. However has members of the cabinet we do have the authority to enact this under the 25th Amendement and since no such Atlas Constitution exists we use the regular US constitution. At this time we need wish the best to the President and hope for a speedy return on whatever he is up too.

- MAS117
                Sec. of Forum Defense Security
                &
                Demrepdan
                Sec. of Forum Affairs
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 08:40:48 PM »

No, you didn't, nor do you have the Authority to do so. I am the Chief of Staff to the President, any inquiries regarding his absence will first be directed to me. Thank You.

Perhaps you could inquire into it
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2004, 08:48:37 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2004, 08:49:02 PM by Emsworth »

The Administration seems to have descended into chaos; perhaps clarifications need to be made: the confusion arises because the Vice President appoints a Secretary of State, but the Cabinet, together with the Vice President, but without the said Secretary of State, declares the President unable to continue in office, such an assertion being denied by a Chief of Staff who resigned and was then reinstated: the questions remaining are, will the Vice President indeed become Acting President presuming the absence of the President at the specified hour, and is Gustaf the Secretary of State; furthermore, I would inquire to the appropriate person (the Chief of Staff, perhaps) as to when the President might return (one hopes the question does not intrude too much into the privacy of the President).
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2004, 08:58:03 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2004, 09:00:53 PM by of_thisnation »

Sincerely,

MAS117
   &   
   Demrepdan
   Sec. of Forum Affairs

Someone's power hungry. . . And you using the regular Constitution since there's no Atlas Constitution makes ZERO SENSE, since we haven't used the  US Constitution for ANYTHING ELSE.

Get off your high horse MAS, and let Christopher Michael (who actually KNOWS Nym) handle it.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2004, 09:05:25 PM »

The Administration seems to have descended into chaos; perhaps clarifications need to be made: the confusion arises because the Vice President appoints a Secretary of State, but the Cabinet, together with the Vice President, but without the said Secretary of State, declares the President unable to continue in office, such an assertion being denied by a Chief of Staff who resigned and was then reinstated: the questions remaining are, will the Vice President indeed become Acting President presuming the absence of the President at the specified hour, and is Gustaf the Secretary of State; furthermore, I would inquire to the appropriate person (the Chief of Staff, perhaps) as to when the President might return (one hopes the question does not intrude too much into the privacy of the President).

Everyone run around screaming and panicing! *runs around screaming and panicing*
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2004, 09:20:52 PM »

Sincerely,

MAS117
   &   
   Demrepdan
   Sec. of Forum Affairs

Someone's power hungry. . . And you using the regular Constitution since there's no Atlas Constitution makes ZERO SENSE, since we haven't used the  US Constitution for ANYTHING ELSE.

Get off your high horse MAS, and let Christopher Michael (who actually KNOWS Nym) handle it.

ofthisnation, we came to this conclusion together, me and demrepdan and what we thought was right for the forum. in no way are we trying to undermine the Presidency. well might that serve as a booster to try to get the consitution passed alittle quicker instead of all these aruguments about little things... so we can have a supreme court and a senate to deal with issues which arises like this. i like nym alot and i hope he returns to the forum asap but i stand by my statement and what we believed was good for the forum.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2004, 09:22:50 PM »

What you believe is good doesn't allow you to issue a proclamation about it, claiming "this is what will be done."

MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2004, 09:24:27 PM »

i dont see how this is be power hungry
Demrepdan

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2004, 09:27:30 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2004, 09:29:38 PM by Forum Affairs Secretary Demrepdan »

I don't view it as being "power hungry". We're not firing Nym....and even Harry's acting powers would be limited....he would merely act as a leader in Nym's place...until he returns. And how would that action give any power whatsoever to MAS117 or myself? We are the only two people appointed by Nym....

Now...if we were to have some plan...that made Harry the President....and then we fire Harry...and then MAS117 becomes President....and declares himself emperor.....then yeah....that would probably be power hungry.

I stand by my decision to ask for leadership when the forum needs it most....during this time of the Constitutional Convention...

But anyway....we have word that Nym will return tonight...so it doesn't matter...
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2004, 10:19:49 PM »

I ask that all citizens act against this attempted coup from MAS117.  He has tried to userp the authority of the Presidency and I demand that he be fired!!!
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2004, 10:21:38 PM »

MAS, hand in your resignation.  If you don't then I demand that VP Harry or CM demand it and if not, I will urge all Republicans not to recongnize the legitimacy of you tenure.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2004, 10:32:35 PM »

MAS, hand in your resignation.  If you don't then I demand that VP Harry or CM demand it and if not, I will urge all Republicans not to recongnize the legitimacy of you tenure.

I second that.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2004, 10:38:28 PM »

(Grabs bullhorn and stand on car)

MAS resign!  MAS resign!  MAS resign!  MAS resign!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2004, 10:43:53 PM »

I urge for MAS117 and Demrepdan to NOT resign and to remain in their positions and continue their duties.  In fact, I demand it.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2004, 10:47:08 PM »

I urge for MAS117 and Demrepdan to NOT resign and to remain in their positions and continue their duties.  In fact, I demand it.

I demand that, for the sake of loyalty to our president and our nation that MAS117 be dealt with harshly.  If this is not so then I WILL order a coup to keep our rightful president at his post.  Until I here him say so, we cannot make you acting President.  CM tells us that Nym would not wish this, so I urge you to deal with this traitor.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2004, 10:55:45 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2004, 10:56:04 PM by VP Harry »

I think you're over reacting just a bit.

You can't fire someone for having an independent thought.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2004, 11:00:10 PM »

I can for attempting to grab power from the legit president.  What does the song say 'and when the king was looking down, the jester stole his thorny crown'.  This is a coup, no doubt about it and you should be acting against it.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2004, 11:01:23 PM »

I can for attempting to grab power from the legit president.  What does the song say 'and when the king was looking down, the jester stole his thorny crown'.  This is a coup, no doubt about it and you should be acting against it.

It wasn't a "coup," it was a simple request to have a temporary leader to keep things rolling.  As soon as Nym reappeared, this would haev been done.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2004, 11:07:48 PM »

It wasn't a "coup," it was a simple request to have a temporary leader to keep things rolling.  As soon as Nym reappeared, this would haev been done.

The president made no authorization of this and in fact he chief of staff (and best friend) condemed it.  You have no authority to change the will of the president.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2004, 11:10:55 PM »

The president made no authorization of this and in fact he chief of staff (and best friend) condemed it.  You have no authority to change the will of the president.

No authority to challenge the will?Huh  You're talking like he's a dictator!!
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2004, 11:14:47 PM »

No, but he is the president, and, unless you are charging him with misconduct, you cannot legitimatly act against his wishes.  Doing so is a coup.  MAS is quilty of an attemped coup, for he continued to push his line evey after CM announced that they houldn't.  He should be fired.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2004, 11:16:01 PM »

No, but he is the president, and, unless you are charging him with misconduct, you cannot legitimatly act against his wishes.  Doing so is a coup.  MAS is quilty of an attemped coup, for he continued to push his line evey after CM announced that they houldn't.  He should be fired.

No, Mas117 tried a contingency plan that would not go into effect until several days of Nym's absense had passed.  It was not a coup, just a backup plan to prevent stagnation.  No one will be fired.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies