Do you feel like we're getting collectively dumber as a population, or smarter? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:26:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Do you feel like we're getting collectively dumber as a population, or smarter? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you feel like we're getting collectively dumber as a population, or smarter?  (Read 6498 times)
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« on: June 15, 2010, 02:16:39 AM »

Neither.  We're just able to see both extremes more easily now, due to how interconnected we are.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 03:13:14 AM »

Neither.  We're just able to see both extremes more easily now, due to how interconnected we are.

I think all the information and ideology is great. I curse the Obama czar who said that there is too much information available to the people and I say we deport him. Even if I make a career out of bashing the other side, it's still healthy for debate.

I was thinking more in terms of intelligence than ideology.  Now that everyone is online and thinks his opinions are important, the answer to The Hoff's question will be tainted by the sites one visits and the people he interacts with therein.  I do agree, though, with your first and third sentences.

FWIW, czars generally don't affect policy in any appreciable way.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies