1972 Gameplay thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:11:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  1972 Gameplay thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1972 Gameplay thread  (Read 11058 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: June 23, 2010, 10:37:31 AM »

Speaking to a local television station, Nixon responds on whether he plans on running for reelection...

As of now, I do plan on running for reelection. I'm proud of what we have accomplished over the past couple of years. However, it will be up to the people, not myself, on whether or not we actually win reelection.
- President Richard Nixon
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 09:20:32 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2010, 09:24:52 PM by Governor Tmthforu94 »

The Nixon campaign announces that over the next month, they will conduct a 50-state tour. Their hope is to learn the problems and issues of Americans from all walks of life.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 10:16:29 PM »

Nixon holds a rally in Las Vegas, Nevada, one of his first stops on his 50-state tour.

But let me just say this last word. Regardless of what happens in this election, I am going to continue this fight for the people. I am going to campaign up and down America until we drive the crooks and the Communists and those that defend them out of Washington! America is a great nation. Elect me for a second term, and we can make it greater than it ever has been!

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 08:42:35 PM »

Speaking in front of a televised audience, Nixon speaks with a reporter with the main focus being on the Vietnam War...

War is not fun. It is evil. But in some cases, like this, it is essential to the well-being and prosperity of mankind. This race is just a small speck in history, but this war could change this world for centuries to come. I would rather lose this election than lose the war. The cost and implications of a losing effort are too great for Americans to even begin to imagine, thus we musn't put America in a position to even think of it. While we have begun troop withdrawal, we still have yet to complete the mission by destroying the enemy. Fellow Americans, I promise you, that I will chase the enemy to the gates of hell if that's what it comes to. We must stay united and strong as one nation, under God. That is our only way of prevailing. I believe, unlike my Democratic opponents, that failure cannot be an option.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 09:24:49 PM »

When asked to respond to Dr. Spock's comments, Nixon states the following...

Well, Dr. Spock clearly does not have the nation's future at heart when he wants to go around and stop a massive war as soon as possible. We are withdrawing from this war, and things are running smoothly. However, we must make sure that before we leave, we are successful in defeating the enemy. Until that occurs, the Vietnam War will be a complete failure.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 09:06:46 PM »

In a speech, President Nixon welcomes Former Senator Bush to the race...

I welcome Senator Bush to the race. It's nice to see him trying to get back into politics after spending nearly a decade out of them. However, I must ask Americans, do we want a President who is a sympathizer to Nazi's? Someone who makes financial dealings with them, specifically a man named Fritz Thyssen? I'll leave it to Republican voters to decide. But right now, I think we need a leader who will stand up for Americans, not Nazi's.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 09:45:02 AM »

Nixon, while campaigning in Iowa, responds to Bush's attacks...

Mr. Bush, in case you haven't watched the news lately, troops are returning home. It's at a slower rate than we want, but they are returning. My friends, when running for President, you clearly should know what's going on in your nation and around the world and Prescott Bush clearly does not.
- Richard Nixon
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 02:33:36 PM »

President Nixon tours the Southwest, with fundraisers in Texas as well as barnstorming in Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and California.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 11:07:26 AM »

President Nixon holds a press conference in Washington D.C...

Americans, I hear your concerns. One thing campaigning has done is it is giving me another chance to connect with Americans and hear their concerns. A top priority in my administration next term would be to bring the troops home. While I'm wary on setting a definite timetable, I'd say 2-3 years, at the latest, when all troops were back. That would mean that troops would be coming home as soon as next year, if not this year. We are committed to the troops of this country and their families. Let's bring them home safe and sound.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 12:39:36 PM »

Richard Nixon holds a rally in New Hampshire, where he stresses his conservative credentials...

I am proud to say I've ran a conservative administration. I think conservatism is the right way to control our government, and I will continue to lead us that way if I'm reelected.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies