My journey to athiesm.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:03:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  My journey to athiesm.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: My journey to athiesm.  (Read 5538 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 03:08:40 PM »

I'm sorry Grumpy for offending all the atheists around here with my religion. Why should he just be able to post a thread without a challenge? That is more offensive to me.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 03:09:42 PM »

I'm sorry Grumpy for offending all the atheists around here with my religion. Why should he just be able to post a thread without a challenge? That is more offensive to me.

As opposed to you becoming offended by somebody admitting they are atheists.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 03:10:34 PM »

I'm sorry Grumpy for offending all the atheists around here with my religion.

You're the one who seems offended, States.  And of course jmfascist too.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 03:11:47 PM »

I don't understand how this has (apparently) sparked off another one of the usual debates starring the usual suspects. It's not like you're going to CHANGE HIS MIND is it?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 03:13:59 PM »

I don't understand how this has (apparently) sparked off another one of the usual debates starring the usual suspects. It's not like you're going to CHANGE HIS MIND is it?

jmf never misses an opportunity to bash others and do you not remember the story if jmfascist converting his wife?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 03:15:19 PM »

I'm not offended, saddened but whatever.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2010, 03:16:10 PM »

Why saddened?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010, 03:17:17 PM »

Why saddened?

Does it matter? All I'll do is get stomped on by everyone here if I dare state my faith. Anyway, have a good day, enjoy your thread.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2010, 03:26:54 PM »

Get off the cross, sweetheart - you're not being attacked for 'stating your faith', you're simply being called out for aligning yourself with the board's resident hyper-extreme theocrat. Boo hoo!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2010, 03:28:19 PM »

you're not being attacked for 'stating your faith',

LOL Whatever, nothing is more unpopular then being a Christian on this forum.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2010, 03:31:48 PM »

And btw, it's not Black and white with JMF. I disagree with him about as much as I agree with him, so whatever.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2010, 03:32:08 PM »

Why saddened?

Does it matter? All I'll do is get stomped on by everyone here if I dare state my faith. Anyway, have a good day, enjoy your thread.

Asking questions as to why you hold the Bible to the 'truth' because you accuse me of shying away from that 'truth' is not stomping on your faith. It is enquiring about it.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2010, 03:33:34 PM »

I don't quite understand how Christians are being attacked here.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2010, 03:38:05 PM »

Why saddened?

Because I believe that having faith in your life leads to overall happiness. I am saddened that some people are so easy to simply quit their faith. It's easy to fall into the trap of secularism and just deny everything you can't see with your eyes. I know that's not necessarily true in your case but for many it is.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2010, 03:39:24 PM »

Because Grumpy immediately went after me for not automatically saying "Oh WOW Afleitch Great POST I agree!". While I agree with Grumpy that his overall post was well written I don't agree with anything in it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2010, 03:40:05 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2010, 03:41:38 PM by Torie »

I don't think anyone here cares about anyone's religion or lack thereof myself. Some just get annoyed with jmfcst's "preachiness," and certitude that he is right, or his interpretation of the Bible is right, and tendency to bring up the matter continually. But that is just an aesthetic reaction I suspect.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2010, 03:41:33 PM »

It's easy to fall into the trap of secularism and just deny everything you can't see with your eyes.

We secularists, though, think it's easy to fall into the trap of religion....Smiley
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2010, 03:42:15 PM »

Neither do they Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2010, 03:43:12 PM »

I don't think anyone here cares about anyone's religion or lack thereof myself. Some just get annoyed with jmfcst's "preachiness," and certitude that he is right, or his interpretation of the Bible is right, and tendency to bring up the matter continually. But that is just an aesthetic reaction I suspect.

Preaching is a part of Christianity JMF probably goes to far but spreading the faith is no issue with me.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2010, 03:43:46 PM »

It's easy to fall into the trap of secularism and just deny everything you can't see with your eyes.

We secularists, though, think it's easy to fall into the trap of religion....Smiley

It takes a lot more work to believe in something you can't literally photograph, videotape, record, etc.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2010, 03:45:56 PM »

It takes a lot more work to believe in something you can't literally photograph, videotape, record, etc.

I agree and I think we should all become 9/11 truthers, too.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2010, 03:47:15 PM »

Not saying you don't have your reasons for believing....but most religious people were brought up that way, and a lot have never considered any alternatives.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2010, 03:51:00 PM »

Preaching is a part of Christianity JMF probably goes to far but spreading the faith is no issue with me.

How many converts do you think he has secured so far on this forum?  I take it efficacy is not a factor in the algorithm when it comes to preaching "the word," is it?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2010, 03:52:21 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2010, 03:54:25 PM by Grumpy Gramps »

Because Grumpy immediately went after me for not automatically saying "Oh WOW Afleitch Great POST I agree!". While I agree with Grumpy that his overall post was well written I don't agree with anything in it.

That wasn't my intention at all, if you felt I did that.  I'll read what I wrote more carefully.

Edit - States, I'm sorry but I can't see how I 'went after you'.   I went after jmfcst, no doubt, but not you.   Sorry if you felt I did.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2010, 04:07:01 PM »

I'm glad you're glad afleitch isn't Christian anymore, and I look forward to your eradication of the liberal Christian plague upon our society.  In the future, we should consider pre-screening, to keep him and his type out.

I never said that.  Do you have anything truthful to say or is your whole point based off a smear?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies