BRTD vs. FezzyFestoon
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:01:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  BRTD vs. FezzyFestoon
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who do you vote for/who wins?
BRTD/BRTD

BRTD/Fezzy

Fezzy/Fezzy

Fezzy/BRTD

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: BRTD vs. FezzyFestoon  (Read 3056 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 16, 2010, 01:28:11 PM »

Fezzy/Fezzy
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 01:44:21 PM »

Fezzy
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 01:55:32 PM »

Writein: HoffmanJohn
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 02:15:45 PM »

SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 03:22:57 PM »

CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 03:24:24 PM »

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 03:27:02 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 03:35:25 PM »

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 04:09:33 PM »

BRTD
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 09:50:31 PM »

NOTA
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 10:55:58 PM »

Fezzy, of course.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 10:34:45 AM »

Obviously I would vote for BRTD, as should any Democrat.  Voting for a FezzyFestoon is like voting for Bush.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 10:35:29 AM »

Obviously I would vote for BRTD, as should any Democrat.  Voting for a FezzyFestoon is like voting for Bush.

How is voting for FezzyFestoon like voting for Bush?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 10:41:50 AM »

You really don't think Fez is a dumb as Bush now do you, Opebo?  More accurate would be that voting for Fez is like voting for Torie don't you think?  Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 12:09:36 PM »

What on earth gave you the idea that I did not consider that I had a privileged background, Opebo?  Among other things is genetics. I was born with a high IQ, and a highly competitive and persevering temperament, with an ability to focus. My parents were also highly educated. Surely you are not asserting that somehow my alleged lack of self awareness is the reason that I don't share your opinion that your little economic prescriptions are actually beneficial to those not so privileged, are you?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 04:06:51 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2010, 05:23:01 PM by opebo »

My dear friends, the point is not that you lack sterling characters - obviously you are prime specimens and very delightful interlocutors.  The point is that you are also privileged by a violent system - you are '**********'.  

Your personal qualities, 'good' or 'bad', are irrelevant, just as such qualities are in the poors upon which you ****.  (however I will admit they tend to be less amusing and ebullient, simply because they're always distracted by fear and pain).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 04:55:47 PM »

Disingenuous is pretending that a direct personal attack is not an attempt to paint us as lacking "sterling characters".

It was not a personal attack! I was attacking the system.  Please don't accuse me of a personal attack, as I might be disappeared.  I think you guys are great - I just don't like the system (and I hope that such a disagreement would be considered political and appropriate to the forum, and not 'personal', otherwise all left-leaning ideology will constitution a 'personal attack' on the rich)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 05:21:13 PM »

You said we "deny our privilege" and that doing so is "incredibly disingenuous, uninformed, or hypocritical."  You also compared me to Bush, listing such characteristics as "lazy, arrogant, and repulsive."  Explain to me how direct references to us both personally being these things is not a personal attack.

I was speaking only of a class of people, in a structural way, Fezzy.  In a sense both you and Bush are just as 'trapped' as the poor.  Its a role in a system, nothing personal.  I was making a political point and apologize with regret if you were offended or took my comments as a personal attack.  I will now remove them out of consideration for your feelings as well as fear of the moderators censuring.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 08:49:49 PM »

You said we "deny our privilege" and that doing so is "incredibly disingenuous, uninformed, or hypocritical."  You also compared me to Bush, listing such characteristics as "lazy, arrogant, and repulsive."  Explain to me how direct references to us both personally being these things is not a personal attack.

I was speaking only of a class of people, in a structural way, Fezzy.  In a sense both you and Bush are just as 'trapped' as the poor.  Its a role in a system, nothing personal.  I was making a political point and apologize with regret if you were offended or took my comments as a personal attack.  I will now remove them out of consideration for your feelings as well as fear of the moderators censuring.

What makes you think you are any more enlightened or self-aware of your true role in this 'system' you speak of?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 03:19:51 PM »

...Maybe because your anger has built to a point where you don't even see wealthier people as people.  You are part of the problem when you weight money as much as you do.  Sure, money has power, but only as much power as we all give it as people.  Life isn't about how much money you earn, the richest people in the world can hate their lives and the poorest can love theirs.  It has nothing to do with politics and it has nothing to do with delusions about their position in the world or whatever nonsense you think people should constantly be thinking about.  Loving who you're with and what you're doing is and always will be what's important, not how much money a person makes.  You judging people based on their family's income just proves that you have no concept of that and you are as much a part of money being so powerful as those who use it to get what they want.

I'm not convince - how about you give me all your money and we'll see how it goes. Wink

What makes you think you are any more enlightened or self-aware of your true role in this 'system' you speak of?

I listen to people and observe their actions.  Anyway being enlightened and self-aware doesn't change anything.  Its like riding a roller coaster with your eyes closed or open - neither way can you get off.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 03:48:46 PM »

...it's honestly not not how I was raised and not how I intend to live my life.  I really have no interest in money.  I strive for the things I value in life, not their monetary value.  It makes me uncomfortable when people talk about money and when I'm with my closest friends (who are all of different economic backgrounds) it's never even a consideration.  If it weren't for my family here I would seriously consider dropping everything and just leaving permanently like I did last year for a few months.  I love my life here in New Jersey, but it's not for me.

People without money think about it all the time.  They have no choice.  That is because without it you die.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 07:35:12 PM »

423-115
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2010, 12:27:50 AM »

I'd win in a landslide over the non-believer actually. Interestingly this is a pretty good example of my "moral atheist" vs. "immoral Christian" hypothetical which was earlier inspired by Torie vs. me. Though fezzy agrees with me on social issues so I'm not sure if the religious right would even care if he has a more "moral" lifestyle...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2010, 09:52:49 AM »

I'd win in a landslide over the non-believer actually. Interestingly this is a pretty good example of my "moral atheist" vs. "immoral Christian" hypothetical which was earlier inspired by Torie vs. me. Though fezzy agrees with me on social issues so I'm not sure if the religious right would even care if he has a more "moral" lifestyle...

lol I have a more "moral" lifestyle in what way?

Really, fez.  I mean compared to you, BRTD is a priest Wink
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2010, 11:26:15 AM »

I vote for fezzy.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies