Mr. Trump runs for the White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:21:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Mr. Trump runs for the White House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Poll
Question: How would you guys rate this so far?
A: + or -

B: + or -

C: + or -

D: = or -

F

I need to quit writing TL's

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Mr. Trump runs for the White House  (Read 28943 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2010, 02:26:15 PM »

Trump would win in SE Colorado and Pueblo and Buchannon would take a lot more in the east east, but other than that the Reform party map would be realistic
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2010, 12:20:31 AM »

A new update will be up tomorrow, i had an unexpected day today which delayed me a bit.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2010, 08:56:15 PM »

Announcer: This is a CBS News Special Report, here is Dan Rather.

Rather: This is Dan Rather reporting from New York.  A tragic event has just occurred in the State of Florida. Reverend Jesse Jackson, the three time Presidential nominee, has been shot while campaigning for Douglas Wilder. The Reverend was boarding an Airplane that was in route to Memphis, Tennessee, and was hot either by an assailant/assistants the details are not known at this time, but the Reverend has been rushed to a hospital in Tallahassee, and is in serious condition.   

To Repeat, Rev. Jesse Jackson was shot while boarding a plane in Tallahassee, Fl. Not much details are known more than that. If any new information comes through, we will break in through normal programming. This is Dan rather from NY, back to Normal programming.

Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2010, 12:54:43 AM »

Trump has too much baggage to win.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2010, 09:49:18 AM »

I agree. I think that the conservative vote will be split between him and the Republican nominee, allowing the Democrat to win.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2010, 10:42:08 AM »

Continueeee =]
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2010, 05:10:15 PM »

I agree. I think that the conservative vote will be split between him and the Republican nominee, allowing the Democrat to win.

I was assuming he would be running as a Republican.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2010, 10:18:26 PM »

Have you read the TL? He's running for the Reform Party's nomination.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2010, 05:50:48 PM »

Despite getting shot, The Reverend did not die. However, he was paralyzed from the waist down, and like George Wallace before him, he was relegated to a wheel chair. The attempted assassin was identified as Eric Rudolph, who was the wanted master mind behind the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Park Bombings. The public was relived that Rudolph was caught, but the price was high with The Reverend being reduced to a wheelchair.

Rudolph's arrest picture

The Candidate suspended their campaigns until Jackson's health improved, then it was back to the campaign trail. With the Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and Oklahoma Primaries a few days away, Trump and Gore could lock up their nominations. But the Republicans may be faced with their first primary battle since 1976.

On March 25th, 2000 the primary had it's most memorable night. The first results were in from Tennessee, with Gore winning his home state, Buchanan upsetting Trump, and Bush winning Tennessee. The early results were of no surprise except fro Buchanan wining Tennessee, which was a last minute victory.

Next was the Florida primary, which was a big delegates primary with each party. 120 delegates were on the line, and for some candidates victory would be around the corner. Gore won in a landslide, as well as Trump, who was just twenty delegates from victory. The Republican primary was a close race, with the race ending with McCain trailing by 100 votes. A recount is required, the first in a Florida Primary.

Up Next: A Victory celebration

Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2010, 06:22:23 PM »

What, no more county maps? Sad
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2010, 09:33:01 PM »

The states are rather big this time. But i may do some in the next one.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2010, 11:42:35 PM »

Have you read the TL? He's running for the Reform Party's nomination.

He would take votes from the elitist liberals on Wall Street. For example, General Electric, Government Motors, Fannie and Freddie, and the social liberals. Both parties might suffer.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2010, 10:42:33 PM »

At 9:00 Pm the Texas primary ended, and the votes began to be counted. The Trump campaign believed that this would bring victory for the campaign, and the road to the nomination would have been traveled by trump, and Trump alone.

The first victor is declared in the Texas primary from the Republican side, with Governor Bush winning his home state to no one's surprise. The state has always been a Bush state, as an example McCain's victory in the Arizona primary.

Bush(Blue)-80

McCain(Red)-20

Finally at 9:35 eastrn time, trump had heard the word's that he has been craving since he started his Campaign:

"Donald Trump wins the State of Texas's Reform Party primary, and that is enough to give Trump the Nomination. Donald John trump, the self made Billionaire, is the Reform Party's nominee for President. Let's go to time square where the signs speak for their selves:

Donald Trump is the Reform Party Nominee for President in 2000

Fireworks in NY, thanks to the Trump Campaign.

"We now hear that Trump will make a Victory speech in Madison Square Garden at 10:30 Eastern Time,we show you the Victory speech live."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up next: The Victory Speech
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2010, 06:29:31 PM »

keep goingg
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2010, 10:54:06 PM »

It's 10:30 P.M, and let's go to Madison Square Garden and Mr. Trump's Victory speech.

Announcer: "And now, here is the man you have been waiting for, The reform Party of America's Presidential Candidate, Mr. Donald Trump!"

Trump: "Thank you, ladies and gentleman. This is the moment that myself and my campaign has been waiting for, i can officially announce that i am going to be the Reform Party Candidate for President of the United States!"

"A little while back, Mr. Buchanan called me and conceded the nomination. He was respectful and gracious of the Process. He wished me luck and expressed his hopes for my Campaign to take down the two party establishment."

Later on in the Speech

"Over the next few months, we will hear a lot of fake promises and fake numbers. My main purpose of the campaign is to give the public a different choice, one that has financial success, and is not afraid to take on the hard issues. But, myself and my party needs your help. We need you help to get ballot access, and we need your vote in November. A vote for The Reform ticket will be the best vote you ever made. So keep that in mind during campaign season, and on election day, make myself your first or second choice on election day. Thank you, and God Bless America.

With the Primary season now over, it is now time for Trump to focus on the election season, but can the Trump campaign handle the atmosphere?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not updating, i have been majorly busy. But, i will update more in next couple of days.
Zacoftheaxes
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.52, S: -9.13

« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2010, 04:01:42 PM »

Trump will definitely be a fun candidate to watch.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2010, 01:09:58 PM »

I apologize to all of the readers for taking forever to update, but i needed a break and ran out of ideas. But, i am happy to report a new update that will start at the end of the primary season. Expect the update sometime today.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2010, 02:32:33 PM »

Let’s skip ahead to the end of the primary season, shall we? After winning the nomination, Trump took a break until the Democrat’s primary was over, in which Vice President Gore won the nomination over Douglas Wilder. In his Victory speech Gore Stated “Myself and the Campaign has survived the ultimate challenge, and came out not onlyt as the victor, but as the logical person’s choice for the White House. The Campaign and it’s supporters overcame the odds when the stakes were high, and will continue to overcome the odds until November 8th 2000, when everyone will wake up and will see that Al Gore  is the next president! Thank You!”

The Final Democratic Primary Map. Gore is red, Wilder is Green, and Bradley is blue.

The Republican Primary ended with no clear winner, but Senator McCain needed thirty more delegates for the nomination. The Convention battle would come down to the Delaware delegates that was won by former Republican Candidate and now Reform supporter Steve Forbes. But, Forbes refuses to give directions to his delegates “I will not make an announcement to my delegates until I decide which candidate really believes in democracy, and will bring Conservative issues and stances to the Forefront.”

The Final republican Map. Bush is Blue, McCain is red, and Forbes is green

But, the Reform Party is shaken up by the Departure of former candidate Pat Buchanan to the Republican Camp, and the endorsement of Governor Bush. “He (Bush) Is the only candidate in this race that has the integrity and the Republican values that will bring this country success in the future.”

Trump was reached for a statement and was not surprised by the move, “Buchanan has always been a double sided person, and is showing his true colors. I do find it quite odd that Buchanan went from bashing Bush Sr eight years ago to supporting his son now. I guess the money tree had a harvest or something.”

Pat Buchanan, Reform Party Deserter

But, the Reform Party quickly got over this setback when the party announced it’s convention would be held at the Almodome in San Antonio Texas from July 4th through July 7th. 

The Site of the Reform Party Convention

Trump had a major decision to make however, who would be his Vice Presidential Nominee?

rzd2255
Rookie

« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2010, 03:27:22 PM »

After the Iowa Caucus, Mr. Trump had a reason to feel good. He won the Iowa Caucus for the reform Party, the first such primary in the history of the party, and faced little opposition from his opponent Pat Buchanan in Iowa. But, his lucky streak was about to change with the release of a television ad by the Buchanan campaign.

“Donald Trump says he is campaigning for the best of the Country, but do you really think he is best for the country? Let’s take a look at the facts: Mr. Trump has had many successes and failures in his business career, does the USFL ring a bell? Or how about the near failure of the popular Trump Plaza in Atlantic City, New Jersey? Let’s face the facts Donald trump is not perfect at managing his budget, would you trust him in the White House?”

Mr. Trump immediately attacked Buchanan's claims, “Mr. Buchanan’s seems like he is confused about my past financial history. Let me explain all of what Buchanan tried to attack me about. The USFL was an attempt at another choice for professional football fans. The league was not even created by me; rather, I owned the New Jersey football team. As for the Trump Plaza, the hotel filled for Bankruptcy during the 1992 recession, but however nowadays it’s making money big time again. So, that’s the truth and I am sticking to it.”

As a result Buchanan pulled the ad, and was attacked by the Media for negative advertising. The incident did not bother Trump as much afterwards, who went on a campaign tour in the Northeast, while Buchanan toured the Middle Part of the country. Here is the current map of the Reform Party:

Green-Trump
Red-Buchanan

On the Republican side, Front runner George W. Bush of Texas was facing a challenge from Arizona Senator John McCain, and Steve Forbes, the heir to the Forbes Magazine throne. Here is the current primary map:

Bush-Blue
McCain-Red
Forbes-green
Vice President Gore also faced opposition from former New Jersey Senator Bill Bradley, Senator Douglas Wilder of Virginia, and former two time Candidate Reverend Jesse Jackson. The Democratic Primary was the first time in history in which a party had two African American candidates running for the Presidential Nomination of a Major Party. Here is the Map:

Gore-Red
Bradley-Blue
Jackson-Green
Wilder-Grey
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Up Next: The New Hampshire Primaries

Doug Wilder winning West Virginia?  Highly unlikely.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2010, 06:21:05 PM »

After the Iowa Caucus, Mr. Trump had a reason to feel good. He won the Iowa Caucus for the reform Party, the first such primary in the history of the party, and faced little opposition from his opponent Pat Buchanan in Iowa. But, his lucky streak was about to change with the release of a television ad by the Buchanan campaign.

“Donald Trump says he is campaigning for the best of the Country, but do you really think he is best for the country? Let’s take a look at the facts: Mr. Trump has had many successes and failures in his business career, does the USFL ring a bell? Or how about the near failure of the popular Trump Plaza in Atlantic City, New Jersey? Let’s face the facts Donald trump is not perfect at managing his budget, would you trust him in the White House?”

Mr. Trump immediately attacked Buchanan's claims, “Mr. Buchanan’s seems like he is confused about my past financial history. Let me explain all of what Buchanan tried to attack me about. The USFL was an attempt at another choice for professional football fans. The league was not even created by me; rather, I owned the New Jersey football team. As for the Trump Plaza, the hotel filled for Bankruptcy during the 1992 recession, but however nowadays it’s making money big time again. So, that’s the truth and I am sticking to it.”

As a result Buchanan pulled the ad, and was attacked by the Media for negative advertising. The incident did not bother Trump as much afterwards, who went on a campaign tour in the Northeast, while Buchanan toured the Middle Part of the country. Here is the current map of the Reform Party:

Green-Trump
Red-Buchanan

On the Republican side, Front runner George W. Bush of Texas was facing a challenge from Arizona Senator John McCain, and Steve Forbes, the heir to the Forbes Magazine throne. Here is the current primary map:

Bush-Blue
McCain-Red
Forbes-green
Vice President Gore also faced opposition from former New Jersey Senator Bill Bradley, Senator Douglas Wilder of Virginia, and former two time Candidate Reverend Jesse Jackson. The Democratic Primary was the first time in history in which a party had two African American candidates running for the Presidential Nomination of a Major Party. Here is the Map:

Gore-Red
Bradley-Blue
Jackson-Green
Wilder-Grey
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Up Next: The New Hampshire Primaries

Doug Wilder winning West Virginia?  Highly unlikely.

Doug Wilder won because he was the only person to campaign there.
Zacoftheaxes
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.52, S: -9.13

« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2010, 12:06:25 PM »

Eric Eidsness would be a good running mate for Trump.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2010, 05:55:00 PM »

The Year in 2000 in Pop Culture: January through May

The year 2000 so far was proving to be an interesting start to the new decade. With the common trend of the first year of a new decade as the last "true" year of the previous decade, the year 2000 will be a mix of the old decade and new decade's trends and the development of new trends and lifestyles.

January 2000- The new century started in a grad celebration across the world, despite earlier fears of a global meltdown. little problems were reported. In the Music world, Santana and Christina Agulara dominated to number one spots with the songs "Smooth" and "What a Girl Wants".

In the Movie world, "Next Friday" was the number one movie for the longest period, while the Children Film "Stuart Little" was the first number one film of the Millennium.

Super Bowl 34 took place at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. The half time adverts featured seventeen dot-com companies (most memorably pets.com) that each paid over $2 million for a 30-second spot. (More on the Super Bowl in the next update which will be about Sports)

February 2000- The Month starts out on a sad note with the deaths of Screamin' Jay Hawkins, Tom Landry, Charles Schultz, and the pop singer Oliver all occur on the same day. The next day the final Peanuts comic script is released to the public

On The Music Side, Savage Garden has the longest hit of the month with the single "I knew i Loved You".

At the Box Office, The Whole Nine Yards was the biggest hit of the month followed by Scream 3.

March 2000- With The Economy booming to it's highest peaks in history, the Movie and Music industry had great success as well.

There was only one number one song in March, "Amazed" by the country group Lonestar. The first country crossover hit in several years, the song was unparalleled in it's success. The song was quickly adopted as 200's love song of the year.

The Film world at the Box Office was dominated by the Julia Roberts film "Erin Brokovich''which was based off a true story, is already creating oscar buss.

Speaking of awards, The 2000 Oscars were held on March 26th in Los Angeles. The Film "American Beauty" won best picture, as well as best director, Best Actor for Kevin Spacey, Best Screenplay, and Bets Score.

The Dominating Picture at the Oscars.

The real upset proved to be Michael Clark Duncan upsetting Michale Caine for Best supporting actor in "The Green Mile". The film also won for Best Adapted Screenplay. Other Winners included Hillary Swank, and Angelina Jolie who stole the show when she french kissed her brother in front of the media.

April 2000- The Month started out good for the Government, who won an Antitrust Lawsuit against Microsoft. Microsoft now has to go up against it's competitors.

The Computer Software monopoly is no more

On the Music Side, The Dominator of the Grammy Awards Santana had another huge number one hit with "Maria Maria"

The King of The Music charts

The Box office was dominated by Military films, and had a lower month than usual.

feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2010, 05:59:53 PM »

I'm still voting for Bush
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2010, 01:02:18 PM »

First Half of 2000 in Sports

The first year of the 21st Century had a lot of major sports upsets, ranging from the Super Bowl to the Indy 500. Let's take a look back to the first half of the year in sports.

The year in sports started with Super Bowl 34 in Atlanta, Georgia. The favorite was the NFC Champions St. Louis Rams, who was lead by upstart QB Kurt Warner, and the NFL MVP Running Back Marshall Faulk. The AFC Champions Tennessee Titans were not even expected to make the playoffs, let alone win a playoff game, but overcome the odds with an last second victory over the Buffalo Bills.

The Game was a defensive battle from the get-co, with Few points scored by either side. But in the last two minutes of the 4Th Quarter, the titans had the ball and was on a scoring drive.
The Titans hoped for a touchdown, or the game would be lost. But in the last second of regulation Kevin Dyson scored a 10 yard touchdown to put the Titans a point behind. After a field goal tied the game up, The Super Bowl would be decided in overtime for the first time in it's history. Whichever team score first would win the game, and the Titans won the Coin toss to get the ball first. After a scoring drive, The Titans placed their hope sin the foot of their kicker Al De Greco, who kicked the winning field goal and gave the titans the victory over the number one seed Rams.

Titans QB McNair who shared the MVP award with Kevin Dyson

A Month later, another major upset occurred in the Daytona 500. Despite being a boring race, the race became interesting in the last 20 laps, with a battle between Dale Jarret, Bill Elliot, and newcomer Tony Stewart.  The race came to a last second battle between Tony Stewart and Elliot, with Elliot defeating the newcomer and winning his third Daytona 500, and his first victory since 1994.

The Auto Racing season also had another upset in it's sleeve when the Indianpolis 500 started and ended with Robby Gordon winning his first and only Indy car race before switching to Nascar full time in 2000.

Gordon before the Race started

With the first half of the sports year finished, who knows what else is left in store for the rest of 2000.

Next: Back to the campaign trail.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2010, 01:36:04 PM »

I'm guessing you're a Titans fan? Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies