Mr. Trump runs for the White House (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:16:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Mr. Trump runs for the White House (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How would you guys rate this so far?
A: + or -

B: + or -

C: + or -

D: = or -

F

I need to quit writing TL's

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Mr. Trump runs for the White House  (Read 29185 times)
rzd2255
Rookie

« on: July 24, 2010, 03:27:22 PM »

After the Iowa Caucus, Mr. Trump had a reason to feel good. He won the Iowa Caucus for the reform Party, the first such primary in the history of the party, and faced little opposition from his opponent Pat Buchanan in Iowa. But, his lucky streak was about to change with the release of a television ad by the Buchanan campaign.

“Donald Trump says he is campaigning for the best of the Country, but do you really think he is best for the country? Let’s take a look at the facts: Mr. Trump has had many successes and failures in his business career, does the USFL ring a bell? Or how about the near failure of the popular Trump Plaza in Atlantic City, New Jersey? Let’s face the facts Donald trump is not perfect at managing his budget, would you trust him in the White House?”

Mr. Trump immediately attacked Buchanan's claims, “Mr. Buchanan’s seems like he is confused about my past financial history. Let me explain all of what Buchanan tried to attack me about. The USFL was an attempt at another choice for professional football fans. The league was not even created by me; rather, I owned the New Jersey football team. As for the Trump Plaza, the hotel filled for Bankruptcy during the 1992 recession, but however nowadays it’s making money big time again. So, that’s the truth and I am sticking to it.”

As a result Buchanan pulled the ad, and was attacked by the Media for negative advertising. The incident did not bother Trump as much afterwards, who went on a campaign tour in the Northeast, while Buchanan toured the Middle Part of the country. Here is the current map of the Reform Party:

Green-Trump
Red-Buchanan

On the Republican side, Front runner George W. Bush of Texas was facing a challenge from Arizona Senator John McCain, and Steve Forbes, the heir to the Forbes Magazine throne. Here is the current primary map:

Bush-Blue
McCain-Red
Forbes-green
Vice President Gore also faced opposition from former New Jersey Senator Bill Bradley, Senator Douglas Wilder of Virginia, and former two time Candidate Reverend Jesse Jackson. The Democratic Primary was the first time in history in which a party had two African American candidates running for the Presidential Nomination of a Major Party. Here is the Map:

Gore-Red
Bradley-Blue
Jackson-Green
Wilder-Grey
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Up Next: The New Hampshire Primaries

Doug Wilder winning West Virginia?  Highly unlikely.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies