FL: Crist leads Rubio by 11 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:44:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL: Crist leads Rubio by 11 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL: Crist leads Rubio by 11  (Read 2850 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: June 19, 2010, 09:10:34 PM »

Fix'd.

Honestly, you prefer that neo-con Rubio over a moderate like Crist?

You think Crist won't be a neocon if he gets into the Senate?

Well, there's no way he'll caucus with the GOP, which means he'll likely caucus as a Democrat (if not change party affiliation).

I don't see him as a neo-con.  He's definitely a political opportunist, but so are 99% of other politicians.

You know I find it amuzing that the guy claiming to be the outsider fighting against the broken two party system is in fact running that way because the ESTABLISHMENT OF THE FL GOP could not trick 51% of the FL GOP into voting for him in the primary. I hope Rubio is smart enough to create that narrative, establish Crist's connections to the GOP establishment including Jim Greer in a then versus now way.

Crist is has taken great advantage of the oil spill in a state that is famously anti-Oil. Rubio needs to go after the Independents and squeeze whatever GOP voters he can from Crist. While simultaneously aiding Meek by illustrating his shifting positions on the issues (Democrats realize he is an opportunist Conservative, Republicans realize he cares more about himself then any core beleifs or values).

According to our database, since Crist broke off as an Indy, 8 of the 11 polls released have Crist with the lead over Rubio.  And the other three were all Rasmussen polls.

Discuss.

I'll take this, Rasmussen is projecting higher GOP turnout as a percentage of the total vote. Since Rubio has at least 70% to 75% of the GOP that benefits him greatly (though I still expect Rubio to be at 85% of the GOP when this is over)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies