Speed Things Up (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:33:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Speed Things Up (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Speed Things Up  (Read 10894 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 15, 2004, 12:10:12 AM »

Dan, have you read my proposal on how to rectify the population vs perminance problem for Senate districs.  If not, I ask that your look at it and give it consideration.

When I re-write the second draft of the Constitution....I will leave the region section blank....until everyone has agreed on how we will handle that for Senate elections.

But aside from the regions.....the Senate plan is as follows:

2 Senators from every Region (5 Regions of course). Senate terms are staggered....with 5 seats up for election during Presidential elections....and 5 seats up for election during mid-terms. A Senate term if 4 months. Senators simply need a majority of it's member to vote on any bill.

2/3'rds  vote is need in the case of Regional Redistribution, Amendment Ratification, and Impeachment (accompanied by a majorty vote in a public poll in those three instances). Any vacant Senate seat will be filled by the respective Regional Governor...and that Senator will face the nearest election for either re-election or retention.

That's how it will be for the Senate....and I doubt that part will change.....but again...since the regions are in dispute....I will leave that part empty for my re-write.

i agree with demrepdan
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 12:13:38 AM »

Will you not even consider my proposal?Huh

what is your prospal put it in here - respond to my posts in the other thread superosulty
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 12:22:09 AM »

kinda, too complicated, like demrepdans instead, sorry
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 12:24:27 AM »

maybe put a out a vote on it
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 12:31:11 AM »

put it too a vote... ill consider it... no promises though...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies