Westman Timeline Pt. I
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:20:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Westman Timeline Pt. I
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 40
Author Topic: Westman Timeline Pt. I  (Read 185278 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: October 16, 2011, 12:53:18 PM »

Northern Midwest Tornado Outbreak, July 3rd, 1952-July 9th, 1952: A blast of cold arctic air from Canada comes down after a week that saw record high temperatures in many places in northern Minnesota and far western Wisconsin.  The arctic jet stream collides with the unseasonably (even for summer) hot air and the result is a wave of severe thunderstorms and violent killer tornadoes in the states of North Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.  The most damaging of these tornadoes would go through the state of Minnesota with an F4 rated tornado ripping through the outskirts of Minneapolis/St. Paul.....injuring over 200 people and killing 47 on July 4th.  A far more devastating tornado, an F5 rated one, would tear through the northeastern portion of the state late in the night on July 7th, injuring over a thousand and killing 317 people.  It would rip through Crow Wing, Aitkins and St. Louis counties.  Many farms would be lost, many small towns would be ripped apart by the monstrosity.  It would go all the way to the western fringes of Duluth, where it would kill 65 people and injure over 200.  Until the 1995 Chapais Tornado it was the northernmost F5 rated tornado in North America.  Western Wisconsin wouldn't get off light, with 3 F3 rated tornadoes (that originated in eastern Minnesota) would rip through St. Croix, Pierce, Dunn Pepin, Chippea, Eau Claire, and Rusk counties.  54 people would be killed and a little over 150 would be injured in the Wisconsin tornadoes in the evening of July 5th.  An F3 tornado would hit Fargo, North Dakota on the 6th, killing 8 and injuring 12.  The fatalities came from a bar and a gas station that the tornado hit on it's way into Minnesota.  All told over 400 people would die from the tornado outbreak, making 1952 one of the deadliest tornado outbreak years on record.

The Seattle Earthquake of October 9th, 1967: A very powerful earthquake rips through the harbor area of Seattle.  The commercial and business districts fo the city would be heavily damaged with over $280 million worth of damage.  Due to an advanced earthquake awareness program instituted by Governor Harold Leyman the earthquake, though devastating, resulted in a minimal loss of life.  Only 89 people died and 442 were reported injured in the most financially devastating earthquake in Washington history.  Though many homes, many businesses were destroyed the people of Seattle were overjoyed just to be alive.  However, due to the massive loss of property and business in the aftermath of the earthquake rates of foreclosures of houses and business and welfare expenditures would skyrocket over the next two years.  Many people would blame the devastation of the earthquake on the Republican Congress which voted against increased "earthquake proofing" to the chagrin of many Washington Democrats.  The result?  Democrats would flood the political offices of Washington in the state and nationwide elections in November of 1968, including the governorship.  Lieutenant Governor John Cherberg would win election in 1968 and his runningmate, a former game show host turned US Representative Robert Barker, would be elected to the Lieutenant Governorship.  He would succeed John Cherberg as Governor in 1972 and would become a very popular and effective governor, governing the state of Washington for 12 years from 1972-1984.  He ended his long stay in office by making a much anticipated, but ultimately unsuccessful, bid for the presidency.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #676 on: October 16, 2011, 05:01:20 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2013, 02:45:37 PM by Communists For McCain »

May 17th, 1972
Westman Estate
Near Lake Erie:

It is 6:25 PM at the Westman Estate and the family is sitting for dinner.  Scott Westman, William Westman's grandson, has been in town for the past few days to relax after graduation with his sister Lenore Westman and his 8 year old daughter Brea.  The Westmans of Buffalo: William, his wife Anne, and his daughters Rachel, Kayle, Kathleen, and Abigail occupied a majority of the table while Scott and his sister and daughter sat on the other end.  Scott was seated on the other end from William (the Westmans of New York were very patriarchal).  William looks up and speaks.
W. Westman: Shall we say blessing?
S. Westman: Sure why not?
Westman bows his head and grabs the hands of his sister and his daughter.
W. Westman: Dear Almighty Provider, we come before you today to ask that you bless this meal to the nourishment of our bodies and that we may more enjoy the company and love of our family.
Nora Westman shifts her fingers to interlock with Scott's fingers.
W. Westman: There is nothing more dear than the love and connection of family.  The love of parents and children.....of siblings.  This is the most sacred command to love your family with all that you have.
Scott Westman feels Nora's fingers tighten on his.
W. Westman: Help us as fathers and brothers to be good exemplars of family virtues in this world that is so devoid of it.  That we may be shining examples of your grace to the whole world.  Bless us this day in your name Amen.
Everybody says "Amen" and proceed to eating.  Scott looks over at Nora and she smiles.
Kayle speaks up
Kayle: So Scott, what are your plans for the rest of the stay?
Westman smiles.
S. Westman: Well I was thinking I go exercise around the lake, take in all the wonderful sights in the area, you know the usual.
Kayle: So have you got any social plans?  You know like take a pretty girl on a date or something?
Westman goes deep into thought.  He looks back up and glances over at 19 year old Katherine and smiles.  She smiles back.
S. Westman: Well err yeah.  I have been thinking about taking a girl, a very gorgeous girl at that-
Kathleen giggles.
S. Westman:-to see that new Godfather movie.
Abigail: What's so funny Kathleen?
Kathleen: Oh nothing.  It's just I had plans of seeing that movie as well.  With a gentleman as it happens.
Kayle: Is he some fellow you met at school?
Kathleen giggles again.
Kathleen: Nah not really.  He's a bit older really.  Really handsome and good looking too!
I'd be disappointed if he wasn't, Westman thought.
Anne: Fascinating my dear.  Do we know this fellow?
Kathleen giggles.
Kathleen: Oh yeah I think you do.
Westman looks at her and laughs.
S. Westman: This guy must be really lucky.
Ya think smart ass? Kathleen's face implied.
W. Westman: I don't like him already.  If I weren't so damned busy I'd demand he show up here so I can tell him I mean business.  Older men thinking they can just come here and take any Westman girl they choose.  I'll be!
Anne: (sarcastically) Oh yes, how outrageous.  Who is it that I have to remind to do the most basic everyday thing because he has a decade and a half on me in age?
W. Westman: Shut up!  Well my hands are tied.  When are you seeing this Godfather movie?
Kathleen: Oh tomorrow night at 7:30!
S. Westman: Huh that's weird me and my date are seeing it at that same time!
W. Westman: Perfect my boy.  Would you mind taking Katherine and meeting this guy face to face and let him know we mean business?
Westman chuckles.
S. Westman: Of course Papa Bill.  Of course.
Very smooth Scott.
W. Westman: So, how is all of that hippie bullshit working out for you nowdays son?
Nora: Excuse me asshole!?
S. Westman: Nora!  Mind your matters?
Nora throws down her cloth and stands up.
Nora: Well I'm out of here.  I don't want to disturb your proper dinner, honey.
She stomps away to her room.  Scott gets up and walks after her.  He follows her to the room she's staying in and watches as she cries.  He sits down next to her and puts his arm around her.  She lays against his shoulder.
Nora: You really going to let that bastard talk to you like you're nothing Scott?
S. Westman: Come on Nora.  You know who Willie is.  He comes from another time.  He really does mean well he just has a way of saying things.
Nora: I understand.  I'm not good enough for these people.  Because I take baths three times a week and I like to smoke dope.
S. Westman: Don't you say that.  Don't you ever f***ing say that!  You do mean a lot to these people.  And so do I.
Nora: Yeah that's real easy for you to say.  You're one of the men of the family.  And handsome and charming too.  Not even the girls of this family can resist you.  The little harlots.
S. Westman: Nora, please now is not the time.
Nora: Well when is the right time Scott?  After all we've been through you continue to be oblivious, you continue to be in denial.  Why do you continue to be so bli-
Rachel walks into the room and knocks on the doorframe.
Rachel: Excuse me.  Nora I just remembered that one of my friends in Ithaca has a new club open.  I thought it would be cool if we could you know go check it out.
Nora: Tonight?
Rachel: Yeah tonight.  I think you are going to love it my dear.  Come here.  Chin up.  You know that father has a tendency to be a bit brash about things sometimes.
Nora: Sh*t, why not?
Nora walks out of the room with Rachel as Scott looks on.
Damn women.  Going crazy.
Scott goes back downstairs and back to the table.
W. Westman: Look.....tell Nora I didn't mean anything by that-
S. Westman: It's okay.  In fact she should know better than to talk that way to you sir.
W. Westman: Scott, she's not the first person to call me an asshole alright?
S. Westman: I'm sorry it's just with that tone?  It's unacceptable.
W. Westman: It's okay.  She's a very liberated woman.  I can understand.  You know it's probably all of that cocaine or what not rattling her brain.  Making her unstable.  She should really quit.
Speaking of which.
W. Westman: Yeah that coke sh*t will really f*** somebody up.  I've tried it a few times and every time I end up beating the sh*t out of somebody's mailbox because I swear to god those mailboxes really love to insult me when I'm high.  So I just quit it with that crap.
S. Westman: They had drugs back then?
W. Westman: Hell yes they did.  I had a few friends, guys who were involved with bootlegging, who had all sorts of that crap.  Cocaine, opium, moonshine.  Whatever fix you needed they had.  And that was back then when illegal sh*t was actually worth it.
Scott's palms start getting sweaty and itchy. Damn, it's getting bad.
Scott backs out from the table.
S. Westman: Excuse me I need to use the restroom.  I'll be right back.
Scott Westman goes into the restroom and sits down on the pot.  He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small bag with white substance (Cocaine) and a petri dish and wrapping material.  He grabs a magazine from the book rack next to the toilet and bends down with the wrapper in between his fingers.  Just as he is about to plunge into the magical dust he hears a knock on the door.
Kathleen: Excuse me love!  I just remembered that I got this letter in the mail from your friend Carl.  It looked urgent!
Westman sees a piece of paper pushed from under the door.  He picks it up and unfolds it.

Urgent: Kennedy to meet with senior Montana campaign officials.  This includes you Mister Historian.

Sincerely, Carl

Holy sh*t!  The President wants to speak with us!  Unbelievable!
Westman notices something written at the bottom of the paper:

See you near the shore!
Kathleen.

Westman laughs.
Westman: This night just keeps getting better.
Finally, he got his high.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #677 on: October 16, 2011, 05:52:57 PM »

I'm finding it hard to keep track of all of Scott's cousins in this sexy incestuous drama. Who's Nora?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #678 on: October 16, 2011, 05:55:45 PM »

I'm finding it hard to keep track of all of Scott's cousins in this sexy incestuous drama. Who's Nora?

His sister.

Her formal name is Lenore but everybody calls her "Nora".
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #679 on: October 16, 2011, 06:42:28 PM »

Hm. I must say I imagined William Westman in Scott's live more like a distant, but large shadow, than someone he really knows, since it's contradicting earlier Westman's image as a man who rose from provincional obscurity in Montana to a national politics.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #680 on: October 16, 2011, 06:44:26 PM »

His sister.

'Kay, cause you introduced her as Lenore, then this lady named Nora pops up, and I wasn't sure who she was. I assumed she might've been a wife/girlfriend (the name was familiar), but then, if she was that, how would Westman be free to have incest with his cousin if he had a wife or girlfriend? So thanks for clarifying that.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #681 on: October 16, 2011, 06:48:06 PM »

Hm. I must say I imagined William Westman in Scott's live more like a distant, but large shadow, than someone he really knows, since it's contradicting earlier Westman's image as a man who rose from provincional obscurity in Montana to a national politics.

If you read the TL earlier you'll see it mentioned that William Westman is actually with Scott Westman when he is sworn into the US Senate.
The real person that Scott Westman is distant from is his own do-nothing father.  I will touch on this later if I find myself stuck with present situation.
Plus, what kind of jerkass would never visit his grandfather?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #682 on: October 16, 2011, 07:01:08 PM »

If you read the TL earlier you'll see it mentioned that William Westman is actually with Scott Westman when he is sworn into the US Senate.
The real person that Scott Westman is distant from is his own do-nothing father.  I will touch on this later if I find myself stuck with present situation.
Plus, what kind of jerkass would never visit his grandfather?

Obviously, I forgot that entry.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #683 on: October 16, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »

His sister.

'Kay, cause you introduced her as Lenore, then this lady named Nora pops up, and I wasn't sure who she was. I assumed she might've been a wife/girlfriend (the name was familiar), but then, if she was that, how would Westman be free to have incest with his cousin if he had a wife or girlfriend? So thanks for clarifying that.

Actually she's technically his aunt (her father is Westman's grandfather but she is seven years younger than Westman.  Because Willie Westman and his wife started mass producing offspring before, during, and after his son Daniel and his wife did.)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #684 on: October 16, 2011, 11:46:23 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2013, 02:50:03 PM by Communists For McCain »

May 17th, 1972
Later that Night:

Scott Westman walks out to the dock on his grandfather's property and sees Katherine waiting for him.  She was dressed in a light sweater and a pair of Levi's.  Kathleen Westman, the 5'10" brunette (hair she got from her mother no doubt) was skipping rocks across the infinitely wide Lake Erie.  Westman walks up to her and gives her a quick hug.
Kathleen: Oh hey Scott.
Westman: So you wanted to hang out?
Kathleen: Meh yeah.  You know being in that house with your dysfunctional sister and all was really ruining my groove.  I would kill somebody for some dope right now man.
Yeah, this is definitely my "aunt".
Kathleen: You wouldn't happen to have any would you?
Westman reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out a pipe and some leaves.  He offers it to her and lights it.  She takes a huge hit and coughs on it.  Westman pats her on the back.
Westman: Easy doll.  This ain't like smoking cigarettes.
Westman takes it back and takes a few puffs.  After his earlier release it felt like nothing.
Kathleen: Man dad would kill me if he knew about this.
Westman: Hell, he might be more forgiving about our date tomorrow night.
Kathleen: Yeah right!  He'd probably crucify you.
Westman: Oh hell, we'll have a lot of fun.  Hey!  You want to get onto this boat?
Kathleen looks at him perplexed.
Westman: You know we can hang out on this boat it probably as some seats in it......unlike this stupid wooden dock.
Kathleen: Yeah.....sure.
Westman steps up onto the side steps leading up to the boat and then offers a hand to Kathleen.  She grabs a hold of him and he pulls her up onto the luxury boat near the dock.  Westman spreads his hands out wide.
Westman: Here ya are my lady!  The SS Scotsman!  Shall we go up to the observation lounge?
Kathleen nods while giggling.  Westman takes her hand and leads her up into the observation lounge on top of the ship.  The two sit down on one of the couches.  Westman puts an arm around Kathleen.
Westman: It's beautiful out here isn't it?
Kathleen nods.
Westman: Not as beautiful as you dear Kathleen.
Kathleen leans back into Westman's chest as he holds her.  Westman takes off his jacket and puts it over her.  Kathleen looks back at him as he looks down into her eyes.
Kathleen: You are sooooo smooth you know?  I could lay like this forever.
Westman: Well we don't have forever.  How about tonight?
Kathleen reaches up and kisses Westman on the mouth.
Kathleen: That sounds great.
The two would relax on the observation deck.  They fell asleep five minutes later.
From her room on the second story Abigail Westman observed.
Abigail: Very interesting.

The Next Morning:

Scott Westman wakes up on the observation deck of the boat with Kathleen sleeping on top of him.  He looks around, trying to regain his focus in the blurry light.  Then he noticed a 5'5 figure with brunette hair in front of him.  He looks up and sees Abigail Westman.
Abigail: Well....well.....WELL!  What do we have here!
Kathleen wakes up.
Kathleen: What the hell?
Abigail: Cozy you two?
Westman: Yeah you could say that.
Abigail: Enjoy the cool weather?
Kathleen: Oh yeah it was great.  You know the cold breeze or what have you.
Abigail: Fancy seeing you two being all snuggly like out here!
Westman: We were talking out here and we got tired Abigail.  We decided to go ahead and sleep on the boat because that's what cool people do.
Abigail: I guess cool people also kiss their relatives?
Westman laughs.
Westman: Yep, you could say that..........
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #685 on: October 21, 2011, 01:49:50 PM »

I just read your latest entry and I've gotta tell you, when I read Scott's lines and imagine William F. Buckley's voice, it makes me lol.

I look forward to what's next.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #686 on: October 21, 2011, 08:41:16 PM »

I just read your latest entry and I've gotta tell you, when I read Scott's lines and imagine William F. Buckley's voice, it makes me lol.

I look forward to what's next.

lol.

That's hilarious.

When I sober up and don't have work you should see an update.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #687 on: October 22, 2011, 07:30:24 AM »
« Edited: October 22, 2011, 07:34:56 AM by Cult of Personality »

May 18th, 1972
Westman Estate
The One in New York:

Scott Westman is standing before William Westman in his office.  William looks up at him behind his steel rim glasses while he is counting out dollar bills.
W. Westman: Dea-maidin.
S. Westman: Dea-maidin, seanathair.
W. Westman: Did you see that golf game yesterday?
S. Westman: Yes, Jo Jorgensen absolutely dominated the field.  There is no one who can hold a candle to him.  Past, present, future.  NOBODY.
W. Westman: Bruscar!  Jack Taylor is the bes-
S. Westman: Non essere ridicolo!  Jack Taylor is a scherzo orribile who has gone oltre la collina!  As any non-hack could probably tell by looking at the score yesterday.
W. Westman: I'm not going to let you tell me that some two bit Swede fear cailín is better than Jack Taylor!
S. Westman: Yes he is!  I'm better than that over the hill motherf***er gramps!
W. Westman: Don't you dare call him a motherf***er you limp bod!
S. Westman: Jesus gramps!  Settle down!  Alright, forget it.  What's up?
W. Westman: Look Scott.  I'm just going to level with you.  I understand you still got raging hormones or what not.  I understand that us Westmans have sexual overdrive.  I understand that your wife has been dead for two years and sh*t.  I understand.  But.....my daughter?  She's technically your aunt!
S. Westman: Listen man-
W. Westman: Alright.  I'm not accusing you of having relationships with my daughter.  However, you would think me a naive fool if I acted like I didn't know about the romantic feelings you two have for each other.  Did you think you could really hide it?
S. Westman: But last night you said I could take her to the movies to see her date-
W. Westman: Exactly good boy.  I knew you two were dating.
S. Westman: Let me guess, the letter from Carl saying that Kennedy wanted to talk to us was also a ruse on your part so I could enjoy my short time with Katherine before I'm gone forever.  Right?
William Westman laughs.
W. Westman: No way dear boy!  I had no idea he was going to want to see you and Carl!  Honestly!
S. Westman: So really old man.  What the hell?
W. Westman: I'd rather have her dating you at this juncture really.  I can't trust my daughter with these Buffalo horndogs.  You, while a horny bastard, I can trust her with.  I know it's not societally acceptable or what not but I can rest assured you won't do anything immoral.
S. Westman: Oh really, why is that?
W. Westman: Because you know what I'm capable of.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #688 on: October 22, 2011, 08:07:49 AM »

Good ol' Willy Westman.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #689 on: October 22, 2011, 09:19:38 AM »

May 25th, 1972
Missoula, Montana
Missoula Democratic Party Headquarters:

Herschelwitz:
Wait a minute?  What?
Westman: Yeah, it just kind of happened.
Herschelwitz: Dude, she's technically your aunt!
Westman: That's what everybody has been telling me.
Herschelwitz: And your grandfather approves of this!?
Westman: Yeah, just as long as I don't bonk her.
Herschelwitz: So let me get this straight: your grandfather is okay with you shoving your tongue down his daughter's throat while she sits on your lap but he isn't okay with you guys bonking?
Westman: I mean yeah it makes sense.  We're related after all.  Don't want to have any retarded kids.
Herschelwitz: Well there is always abortion.
Westman: If you're in the right state.
Herschelwitz: I thought New york was pro-choice.
Westman: No........New York City is pro-choice.  New York state is pro-life, save for health of the mother.  If you ever hope to be my wingman and top advisor you better learn this stuff man.
Herschelwitz: F*** you man!  I am nobody's sidekick!
Westman: Oh really!?  Hey Tom!
Tom: Yes?
Westman: Would you say that Carl is a pretty independently minded individual with a future in politics?
Tom: Yes.........as a political advisor or secretary.
Herschelwitz scoffs.
Herschelwitz: Seriously man!  This is so f***ing retarded!  Why does everybody see me as a sidekick?  I graduated from MIT at age 20 for f***'s sake!!!!!
Westman: Well, you may be one of the most genius people on the planet Carl but you certainly don't have the ubermann personality needed for leadership.
Herschelwitz: And you do, aunt lover?
Westman: Hey, the English Monarchy survived for centuries with intermarriage.  Besides, if we do have a kid he or she will probably still be smarter than you.
Herschelwitz: My ass.  Frankly I don't know whether to be disgusted, or slightly aroused, about you and your aunt frenching each other.  But how are you going to survive without the uhhhhh........
Westman: Let me just say that sometimes a long distance relationship has it's benefits...........
Herschelwitz: But isn't that dishonest?  Or wrong?
Westman: What am I going to do?  Sleep with somebody whose technically my aunt?
Tom: I'm sorry........what?
Herschelwitz: Well Scott is in some sort of little pickle here.
Tom: What?
Herschelwitz: He's dating his own aunt.
Tom gives Westman a weird look.
Tom: Wha...........
Westman: Well she's technically my aunt.  I'm actually like 7 years older than her.
Tom: Huh........
Westman: We're kind of romantically involved.  It's mostly holding hands and cuddling on the couch kind of stuff.  Nothing really bad.
Tom: Awww, I guess that's kind of cute.
Herschelwitz: But Scott is a horny bastard who can't go for more than a week without bodge.  Yet his grandfather, who approves of the relationship, doesn't want him having sex with Katherine, his "technical" aunt.
Tom: What the f***?
Herschelwitz: So he's going to get his rocks off while he lives in Montana.  Apparently a long distance relationship has it's "benefits", especially when you're dating your own relative.
Tom: So let me get this straight: You're having some sort of romantic relationship with your "aunt" but you're going to have sex with other women?  Huh what?  How does that make sense?
Westman: Well because my grandfather will kill me if we do it so I have to get it from somewhere else?
Tom: Isn't that incredibly immoral though?  I mean you are already dating your relative you might as well do the duty.
Westman: But that's just gross.
Tom: So sticking your tongue down your "aunt's" throat isn't gross but doing the deed with her is?  What the f***?
Westman: Dude that's all out.  We might have a retard baby by accident.
Tom: And sleeping with other women besides the person you're dating is moral?  What the hell is wrong with your extremely flawed point of view?  "It's okay to make out with your relatives as long as you don't f***."  You make no f***ing sense whatsoever!
Westman gets up and grabs a beer from the refrigerator.
Westman: Sh*t, whatever.
Tom: Maybe the President might be sympathetic.  His grandfather was a cousin lover after all.
Herschelwitz: She was technically his second cousin smartass.
All three men laugh.  As they take another drink they hear a loud commotion from outside.
Herschelwitz: Well, that ought to be him.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #690 on: October 24, 2011, 03:31:18 PM »

Back to the Present:

June 8th, 1986
Missoula, Montana:

Governor Scott Westman is out walking in Clark River Park located in the center of Missoula, Montana.  He is by himself.  Unlike many Governors who now days walked around with constant bodyguard protection Westman walked out, free, by himself amongst the people of Montana.  Many critics claim that this behavior of Westman is best explained by his flat out refusal to step up efforts against organized crime or worse yet he even made a deal with certain crime elements.  He lights up a cigarette and continues walking along a path through the woods.
Scott Westman stops at a rock outcrop and takes a huge puff of his Kamel Red.  He has an overview of the people in Clark River Park.  It is a marvelous view.
All of these people.  Your people Scott.  Your people.
It was getting hard each day for Scott Westman to deal with the grind of politics.  Ever since he came into politics he has been attacked, Left and Right, for being both too radical and too pragmatic.  Sometimes at the same time.
Over his career he seemed to have not only alienated a number of Democrats but also attracted a large following of Republicans.  For every Democrat who labeled Westman a spineless coward there was a Republican who called him a beacon of courage.  More often than not more Republican legislators voted in favor of his proposals than Democrats and Conservatives.  Some political pundits began to call the Montana Republicans who voted consistently with "the Westman Democrats" the "Montana Mugwumps", a term that references the Republican "Mugwumps" in 1884 who supported the anti-corruption stances of Democratic candidate Grover Cleveland (who had a very similar moral/political philosophy to Westman).
The movement that was taking place in Montana and other Mountain West states was unlike many others currently taking place around the nation.  The ideals of Jeffersonian democracy, tweaked to fit a new age audience, was taking root.  In the states that once strongly turned out for the pro-silver message of the Populists and William J. Bryan and then the Progressive movement was now coming out in full force for the spread of liberaltarianism.
And Scott Westman was at the forefront.
He goes down into the park and approaches the great throng of people.  As he walks out from the outcropping he notices a group, a gathering of families enjoying a birthday party.  He walks over to them.
Robert A. Holstreem, standing nearby, observes as the governor walks over to the group of families and starts shaking hands and kissing the heads of babies.
Two days later the Missoula press would have a collection of tenderhearted photos of Westman holding children and enjoying birthday cake.  His approval ratings would go up five percent.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #691 on: October 25, 2011, 12:27:12 PM »

June 11th, 1986
Helena, Montana
State Legislature Building:

Governor Scott Westman approaches the congregated Montana Legislature and begins his address to a nation wide audience caught on tv.
Westman: Today I have a most urgent request for the Montana representatives in the US Congress.  I have for the past few months been working a possible arrangement with Brazilian sugar cane producers and Montana energy producers to create an efficient source of alternative fuels that will be less costly and less polluting than traditional petroleum.  In order to more effectively achieve these goals I am asking Senator David Walters, Senator Killian Darkwater, Congressman Gary Newman, Congressman Ronald Dillinger, and Congresswoman Barbara Mack to work together to get a more liberalized trade going with Brazil to boost our alternative energy market.  Thank you.

Governor Westman's speech would generate a lot of publicity from critics and supporters alike.  Critics would range from protectionists to free trade supporters.  Protectionists would label Westman's demands that of an "anti-manufacture radical" that would cost many American jobs just for his state's benefit.  Free trade supporters would criticize him for pushing for free trade with Brazil merely for the benefit of his own state.
For Westman though, the speech was of more tactical significance.  Because for awhile Westman had been in talks with government of Brazil about a possible arrangement between the state of Montana and the nation of Brazil.  As it stood there was a 10% tariff on Brazilian sugarcane.  Westman had been plotting of ways to get around that tariff to encourage Brazilian producers of sugarcane to export to Montana to boost Montana's infant alternative fuels market.
Obviously the strongest advantage Westman could think of would be either a reduction in trade tariffs on Brazilian sugarcane or a free trade agreement.  As it stood the US Congress was getting to a crossroads on trade.  In the Mountain West support for free trade was almost unanimous amongst Democrats and Republicans (although the same could be said about overall political ideology amongst Democratic and Republican Mountain West politicians in the 80's) in Congress. The only Mountain West politician that was skeptical was Morris Udall who raised concerns about environmental and labor standards in Brazil.  Nationwide the mood was different.
Views on trade, which used to be more ideological and party based, seemed to be in the 1980's more regional.  A vast majority of Americans in the west (the Pacific Coast and the Rocky Mountain region) approved highly of free and/or liberalized trade.  In some areas (like Montana) more Republicans were pro-free trade than Democrats (a reversal of historical trends).  In the South and East Coast views on trade were often more mixed.  There were quite a few Southerners, like Texas Governor Randle Delany and Virginia US Senator Tobin MacMahon, who were avid free trade supporters.  Others, like Maryland Governor Mary Daly and Arkansas US Senator William J. Clinton, were more skeptical of free trade.  In the Rust Belt states pro-labor politicians like Pennsylvania's Lawrence Watson were very skeptical of free trade with countries like Brazil and Thailand that had poor records in regards to labor rights and safety conditions for workers.  Working class Americans were also very skeptical of free trade.  The Rust Belt was more protectionist than the rest of the country with anti-free trade Conservatives running and winning offices in 1984 against free trade Democrats and Republicans.  Conservatives such as Christian Mattingly openly lamented "selling off jobs to Bangkok" to the chagrin of free trade conservatives like President Phil Crane and Secretary of Defense William Buckley.
Scott Westman's best hope would be that there would be enough favorable momentum amongst pro-free traders in the US Congress to get a free trade bill with Brazil passed.  Such an option favored a more free market approach and would help retain Westman's popularity with libertarians in Montana while keeping popularity high with alternate energy enthusiasts.  If his plan failed Westman would have to employ another strategy, one that would put him at odds with the free market base that helped elect him in the first place.  That option was subsidization for Brazilian producers in order to negate the effect of high American tariffs on sugarcane.
Westman really hoped it wouldn't come to that last option.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #692 on: October 25, 2011, 03:48:45 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2011, 07:15:25 PM by Cult of Personality »

June 12th, 1986
"Radicals in Helena"
A Conservative Party TV Ad:

TV begins with a black and white picture of Scott Westman in his gubernatorial office.
Westman: Look, I know that I have no mandate.  I won the election with less than a majority of the vote and there are those out there who will see this administration as too radical.
The video pauses as a female announcer begins speaking.
Female Announcer: You are absolutely right governor.  Your radical policies have already cost the people of this state millions of dollars and the safety of our streets.  For all of his faults at least Dick Peters was willing to wash away the scums from the streets.  All you've done is lay back with your friends in Butte and Missoula and shrug it off as "mobs being mobs".  Speaking of which.....
Video plays another clip of Westman from his office addressing the state.
Westman: There is something law and order advocates are going to understand: the preservation of the law is best left to those who are charged with laying down the law.
Video pauses again as the announcer resumes speaking.
Female Announcer: Real touching Governor.  Too bad that for all of your pro-cop rhetoric you and your allies have cut hundreds of thousands of dollars from the state police budget to account for budget deficits your beloved tax increases couldn't stop.  So much for increased taxes being the magic bullet to our deficit problems, Governor.
Video clip plays of Westman before the assembled State Legislature strongly defending his recent remarks on the rise of organized crime in Montana.
Westman: I mean really, this is Montana!  This isn't New York City or Boston!  We don't have any crime problem!
Video stops playing as a few sentences appear on the screen:
From November 1985-April 1986 drug related crime rates skyrocketed in Montana.  A May 15th, 1986 CIA research study concluded that out of all 50 states Montana saw the largest increase in drug related crimes.  This includes a 110% increase in homicides and a 238% increase in rapes.  This isn't a mistype.
Female Announcer: How deluded can a state governor get!!!  All around the nation Montana has become widely known as "Murdertana" thanks to the bleedingheart liberal anti-public safety laws that Westman and his libertine radicals are passing.  Democrats and Republicans both, romanced and seduced by Westman's "libertarian" influences are lining up left and right to kiss and worship at the feet of his radically dangerous philosophy and all for what?  Some of the highest murder and rape rates in the country!?  Is this the kind of governor you want leading the Big Sky state?
Video of Westman at public appearance around March of '86
Westman: Some people just don't get it!  This is no war!  This is no war!  Conservatives want us to march army men down the street and bomb mafiosos six feet underground?  My god man!  They call me the radical?  They wanna wage war in our streets!  Can you imagine how much sacrifice that would take?
Video stops playing.
Female Announcer: Considering how much fear there exists in our cities of being knifed by drug junkies and rapists now days anything would be preferable to this climate of fear that has existed because our governor still believes in that radical hippie nonsense he preached up back in the late 60's and early 70's.  But no, we're supposed to sit back and hope the Free Market gets rid of crime.....instead of the defunded police departments that had to sell off their bulletproof vests to meet the fiscal demands of the esteemed Governor.  And the Democrats and Republicans in Helena?  You better bet that they will be lining up cheering Westman on as he and his allies help sign into act the most radical social policy we've seen in ages.

Vote for sanity, not the drug induced utopia of Governor Westman and the Montana Legislature.

Vote Conservative.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #693 on: October 25, 2011, 05:56:48 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2011, 06:31:10 PM by Cult of Personality »

Montana State Polling Agency
June 13th, 1986
What is your opinion of Scott Westman's performance as Governor?:

Approve:
37%
Disapprove: 56%
Undecided: 7%

What is your opinion of David Walter's performance as US Senator?:

Approve:
58%
Disapprove: 40%
Undecided: 2%

If a rematch between Scott Westman (D), Richard Peters (R), and Michael Oglesby (C) were held today who would you vote for?

Scott Westman (D)Sad 34%
Richard Peters (R)Sad 25%
Michael Oglesby (C)Sad 39%
Other/Undecided: 2%

In a hypothetical gubernatorial match-up between incumbent governor Scott Westman (D), Senate Minority Leader Peter Goddy (R), and US Senator David Walters (C) held today who would you vote for?:

Scott Westman (D)Sad 36%
Peter Goddy (R)Sad 9%
David Walters (C)Sad 54%
Other/Undecided: 1%

In a hypothetical Senatorial match-up between incumbent US Senator David Walters (C), Governor Scott Westman (D), and Billings Mayor Ronald McArthur (R) were held today who would you vote for?:

David Walters (C)Sad 48%
Scott Westman (D)Sad 30%
Ronald McArthur (R)Sad 20%
Other/Undecided: 2%

The Montana Polls would show a large voter discontent with the Westman agenda and a high approval of the Conservative Party.  Most revealing was the high approval ratings (comparatively) of US Senator David Walters who at the moment was leading Westman and various Republican politicians by double digits.  Although the gubernatorial election was two years away Westman's advisors still looked at Walter's numbers with alarm.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #694 on: October 25, 2011, 06:30:14 PM »

US Senator David Walters (C-MT) Office:

David Walters is enjoying a ZooBurger with fat fries when his advisor, Daryl Myers, burst through with some number sheets.
Walters: Can I help you Daryl?
Daryl puts down the sheets and points at the numbers.
Myers: Have you seen these numbers lately?
Walters looks at the numbers and nods, impressed with himself.
Walters: Well it's got to be expected that Scott Westman in the Governor's Mansion would be a disaster.  I mean really, I think he's probably more of a failure in his past few months, minus the Horrigan Life Amendment, than he ever was as a Senator.  I mean damn, my wife tells me that her mother can't walk outside anymore because of all the doped up criminals running around.  At least under Peters one could walk outside and have a smoke in peace.  And by smoke I mean tobacco not the enlightened drugs that the Governor and his advisor are probably smoking that has helped put our state in the crime high sh*tter it finds itself in!
Myers: My, I had no idea you were so passionately opposed to Scott Westman.
Walters: Sure, the man has taken some conservative stances like opposing the murder of babies and reducing the entitlement spending that was sky high under Peters.  However, unlike Peters he has just carte blanche "legalize this, legalize that" and has ignored the dangerous crime element in our state.  I mean I thought it was just me at first but apparently a lot of people, according to these numbers are outraged at the failure known as Scott Westman's governorship.  If he had any decency he would resign.  But then that would leave that worthless little Me-Too dope smoker D'Israeli in his place.  God I hate those D'Israelis and their insanely dysfunctional politics.  I mean I'll be shocked if even the Butte micks like Scott Westman.
Myers: Well, they might.  Look at your approval rating.
Walters: Hmm yes, this is a positive development.  YOu know a lot of our friends are worried about Democrats making midterm gains around the nation in state legislatures due to concerns over civil liberty infringements.  Yet in Montana, despite this being a midterm election with a non-Democrat running, even the Democrats are trying to distance themselves from Scott Westman.  It's like he's a walking disaster.
Myers: But what about what he said two days ago?
Walters: Oh he's still onto this huge "Green Montana" project.  His speech was a desperation maneuver to raise morale amongst so-called "libertarians" in the Republican and Democratic parties.  He has already called it quits trying to get Conservative voters.  Don't get me wrong I support free trade, thus I will probably vote in favor of a free trade bill with Brazil if it means prosperity for Montana.  If Westman's plan fails though he will probably be so desperate to see his green project succeed he might starts subsidizing Brazilian sugarcane farmers.  If that happens it will be a drastic drain on our state's fiscal budget and he might, again, raise taxes to the chagrin of his supporters.
Myers: Maybe that's why Montana likes you more than Westman.
Walters: Oh really?  YOu think?
Myers: You seem to actually care about the state's welfare over that radical libertine Westman.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #695 on: October 25, 2011, 07:40:42 PM »

Gone West?
What Happened to Scott Westman?

Time Magazine July 1986:

Coming into 1985 there was probably no other politician that got as much hype as Scott Westman did.  After spending two years in political exile after losing his US Senate seat to the then political novice David Walters (who is now Montana's most popular politician) courtesy of the worst blizzard in the history of western Montana Scott Westman would announce his intention to run for Governor in mid 1983.  Although he was known as the US Senator who lost what seemed like a secured seat weeks before election to a third party candidate in a run-off the declaration of Scott Westman received much hype.  He was perhaps the most exciting gubernatorial candidate in Montana history: a handsome 39 year old catholic with a very strong appeal to libertarian Republicans who made up a considerable bulk of the rival Montana Republican Party.  Many started to call the gubernatorial election Scott Westman's ultimate chance to redeem himself in the eyes of not just the people of Montana, but of all the critics who damned him in his six years as a US Senator.
However, not all were content with Scott Westman as the predestined candidate for Montana Governor.  Chief among them was his own party fellow and then US Senator Max Baucus, who has always had an icy relationship with his former colleague in the US Senate.  In the gubernatorial primary it only got much worse to the point that personal words were thrown in the campaign season up to the state convention.  Max Baucus contended, perhaps prophetically, that a Westman governorship would be a disaster for the state of Montana.  Well Scott Westman would end up winning, by a decisive margin, over Max Baucus and then go on to run one of the most energetic and independent campaigns in the history of Montana.
Going against the judgment of party leaders Westman would ultimately decide to nominate prominent Republican Mendelik D'Israeli as his running mate in order to get wide appeal with libertarian leaning Republicans.  He would also later campaign extensively on alcohol liberalization and have his good friend US Senator Lawrence Watson come out to campaign for him in union heavy Butte, Montana.  The results of those efforts, and others, would give Scott Westman an unthinkable coalition of economically left wingers and libertarian voters that would give him a strong 45% plurality of the vote in November of 1984.  When the votes were all counted Scott Westman even did better than President Phil Crane.  Many had started to say that the "Westman Era" had finally begun in Montana.
Scott Westman would be sworn in as Montana Governor on January 3rd, 1985.  Almost immediately he would set his ambitious agenda into action.  Within a matter of months he would get alcohol liberalization, the largest increase in public worker wages, and repeal the restrictive gun laws of the Peters Administration.  He would even get his very ambitious budget ideas passed thus getting rid fo the Sales Tax and implementing a graduated state income tax.  As recently as November of 1985 Scott Westman's approval ratings were in the low 60's.  Many started talking up the possibility of a Westman run for presidency in 1988 and of the for certain Democratic landslide (with lots of predictions of a 500 electoral vote plus landslide taking the entirety of the western and southern states all of New England save for Vermont and maybe one or two plains states).  In other words, that Scott Westman wouldn't only be one of the more favored candidates to run in 1988, but that if he were to run he would win in an untold landslide the likes of which hasn't been seen since 1936 when FDR ran for his second term in office.
Such predictions, in light of the unpopularity of the Montana Governor, seem ridiculous.  But now for the question: how and why is Scott Westman so unpopular in Montana now days?
Many pundits say it is Westman's laissez faire approach to the rising crime throughout the nation.  Since March of 1985 there seems to be a spike in crime that has been unseen since the 1920's.  Many law and order politicians assert that it is because of concentrated mob activities, especially the drug trade, that has led to such high crime.  In January of 1986 Scott Westman announced that his administration was going to focus on making his long awaited "Green Montana" project a possibility.  Proposing a land values tax to help fund tax credits for green producers and even hinting at making trade deals with other nations without approaching the US Government later and suddenly many Montanans started to see Scott Westman as "too radical".  His zealousness wouldn't be limited to green energy though.  In February he would announce that by October he and his allies were planning on complete legalization of marijuana.  The move had many conservative and law and order citizens mad and it even alienated some of the more conservative members of the "Westman Coalition".  In a matter of months Scott Westman went from being this pragmatic icon to the "radical", from the image of bipartisanship to a total loon.  His approval ratings would drop from a high of 68% around Christmas 1985 to a paltry 42% at the beginning of March 1986.  However, not all seemed to be lost.
Westman's turning point seemed to have come.  The Horrigan Life Amendment, which would declare the rights of life to extend to the womb, would be presented to Scott Westman in mid March.  On the historic day, March 17th, he would pull one of the biggest about faces in history.  Scott Westman, who once passionately argued for abortion rights.......tearfully singed the Amendment, lamenting to his closest advisors how overwhelming it was to stand by his conscience in such a controversial matter.  Despite alienating the pro-choice label Westman would win lots of praise amongst pro-lifers across the spectrum.  In the end he benefitted more from signing it than if he didn't.  A March 23rd poll showed Westman having 52% approval ratings, the highest it had been in a month.  It had seemed as if his redemption was near.
And then the crime reports came in.
From all around the nation crime statisticians started reporting that violent crime all around the state had skyrocketed.  That organized crime "effectively ruled portions of the inner cities of Missoula and Great Falls".  A state once known for it's quiet and calm surroundings suddenly got into the national spotlight due to the untold growth of the organized illegal drug traders who grew uninhibited in the city urban areas.  Scott Westman's previous refusal to stay out of the organized crime matter would come back to gravely haunt him.
And then in late April a job recession started in Montana.  By June the state had a 8.5% unemployment rate, one of the highest in the nation.  Many blame the governor for the recession, noting higher tax rates for business owners and the upper class that helped lead to a lack of demand for workers.  Westman's axing of oil subsidies was also blamed for the many losses sustained by the petroleum industry.
As the joblessness and crime increased the people started to want blood: Westman's blood.
As of this writing Scott Westman is one of the most unpopular Governors in the nation.  A few months before state and federal elections in what should be a pro-Democratic environment this could spell an untold disaster for the Montana Democrats.  And the Republicans too.  In fact the whole Westman Alliance may be at jeopardy if the trend towards the pro order message of the Montana Conservative Party takes hold.
Scott Westman better start praying that the Conservative momentum dies down quick and that like minded Democrats and/or Republicans still are powerful enough to stop the Conservative tide in November.  Otherwise, he might become a footnote in history instead of the savior of the Democratic Party.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #696 on: October 27, 2011, 08:45:02 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2011, 11:40:41 PM by Cult of Personality »

July 28th, 1986
Governor's Office
Helena, Montana:

Westman slams down the paper in irritation.
Westman: Jesus!  What do I have to do to get these people to like me!?
Herschelwitz: Set the record straight maybe?  You know how these Conservatives love to distort information.
Westman: Like that's going to help much.  I mean they won't really care about the fact that it's only drug related crimes that have exploded.  These propagandists.......
Herschelwitz: Well I mean come on man just go out there and publicly ask the people of Montana if they really feel so scared of walking outside and getting jacked!  Once they honestly ask themselves that they should find the Conservative line ridiculous.  I mean hell it worked with Baucus-
Westman: Who was an unlikable son of a bitch to begin with.  I mean really he held a few point lead for like two weeks before the people realized he was an asshole.
Herschelwitz: And the Conservatives are likable?
Westman: Compared to me they might as well be Jesus.  Hell, I'm so unpopular I could probably get more popular if I went into Witness Protection.
Herschelwitz: Yeah, like the Conservatives are anywhere near getting a majority in either house.
Westman: You forgot about the Republicans O'Wise One.
Herschelwitz: Oh what those f***ing Me-Too's!?  Half of them would jump off a building if you asked them to Scott.  Hell, you might be more popular amongst the Republican legislature members than the Democrats.  You ask me you should be praying for more Republicans.
Westman: Yeah, because obviously those "Me-Too's" will be safe on election day because the Conservatives are campaigning against the Democratically controlled legislature and not *ahem* the "radical Westman agenda" supported by sizable factions of both the Democratic and Republican Parties.  Dude, they are in as much danger as our fellow Democrats.  Why else do you think there is even a "Conservative" Party to begin with?
Herschelwitz: Like the Peters faction of the GOP is going to align themselves with the religious reactionaries.
Westman: Better them than the Westman coalition.  They are fundamentally opposed to our administration, y'know?  If it means damaging my image they will ally with the social cons, even against their own fellow party members.
Herschelwitz: Well I mean come on Scott, we got over 50% majorities in both houses of the legislature plus the D'Israeli Republicans.  That is a really strong majority right there.  I don't really see how the anti-Westman people can gain a hold-
Westman: Except you forget that a good chunk of our own party would love to see me out of office. Look at the voting records for Christ sake!  I usually get barely more Democratic votes on key votes than I get Republican votes.  Hell, they even had problems voting for my income tax idea because it didn't "go far enough".  The Conservatives don't need to win anywhere near a majority to put my agenda in jeopardy.  Progressive Democrats already make it hard enough.  And they aren't anywhere as in danger of being removed from office as our Democrats.
Herschelwitz: Come on Scott!  Don't be so defeatist!
Westman: Well I mean really.  Only 30 or so Democrats are what I would consider part of our coalition.  Only reason why we got a few more votes on certain issues is because we haven't really brought out the controversial stuff yet.  If we lose even just ten seats in the House you can say goodbye to our agenda.  Especially if a few libertarian Republicans are booted out.
D'Israeli: May I make a suggestion?
Westman: What?
D'Israeli: I have an idea.  It won't prevent us from losing seats but it limit the damage.  However, if the people wise up we might be in trouble.
Westman: Go ahead.

D'Israeli's idea would be one of the most crazy, yet genius, ideas Scott Westman ever heard...........
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #697 on: October 27, 2011, 08:49:06 PM »

Looking into Baucus' record, wouldn't he more likely be an ally of Westman than an enemy? Can you explain Baucus' ideological positioning in reference to Westman?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #698 on: October 27, 2011, 11:38:52 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2011, 11:44:56 PM by Cult of Personality »

Looking into Baucus' record, wouldn't he more likely be an ally of Westman than an enemy? Can you explain Baucus' ideological positioning in reference to Westman?

Not really.

You have to keep in mind that Scott Westman initially had the whole counter culture mantra about him.  Max Baucus on the other hand is a feel good populist who wouldn't feel uncomfortable signing an anti-flag burning bill.  Westman is also, despite supporting the public healthcare system, much more fiscally conservative.  Mas Baucus is a champion of subsidies, Scott Westman opposes virtually all subsidies with a rigor that makes Ron Paul and Thad O'Connor blush.
I could list more examples but I think you get the picture.

Wondering why Baucus isn't a Westman ally is like wondering why Richard Lugar isn't a Ron Paul ally.

Scott Westman hasn't really been well liked by quite a few establishment Democrats in Montana.  Max Baucus is pretty establishment really.  What pisses him off about Westman is that Westman seems so ideologically charged despite not really having a set in stone ideology in regards to political issues over what the people of Montana wanted.  Of note Scott Westman pissed off Baucus royally when he finally got his long delayed Energy Bill passed in the US Senate that in effect eliminated $200 million of gas subsidies in the northwest.  Scott Westman, though he does have some economically left wing positions, is widely regarded by many as a "quasi-libertarian radical".  The more populist leaning Max Baucus, though he does have some conservative bonafides, is a lot more friendly to the idea of subsidies and pork than Westman ever was.

Plus, I always thought that Max Baucus seemed like an asshole.  So of course Westman doesn't like him.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #699 on: October 28, 2011, 12:17:22 AM »

You're lucky, Mecha... You get questions and feedback in your awesome timeline. I'm not sure anyone bothers to read mine Tongue ... You're the talent, man.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies