Westman Timeline Pt. I
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:28:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Westman Timeline Pt. I
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 40
Author Topic: Westman Timeline Pt. I  (Read 185168 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: October 28, 2011, 06:34:36 AM »

You're lucky, Mecha... You get questions and feedback in your awesome timeline. I'm not sure anyone bothers to read mine Tongue ... You're the talent, man.

Oh rest assured mate I've been reading your TL and it is wonderful.

I'm just not the more sociable type when it comes to commenting on another person's TL.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #701 on: October 28, 2011, 08:12:39 AM »

Thanks. I do always like to give comments for yours when I have something good or at least self-deprecatory to add.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #702 on: October 28, 2011, 02:20:13 PM »

I see Baucus as a more Libertarian like Democrat (you even had him be a Republican in your mini-tl you had going a while back where Republicans were Libertarian), but I can see the differences.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #703 on: November 03, 2011, 09:00:24 PM »

August 6th, 1986
Helena, Montana
In front of the State Capitol:

Lieutenant Governor Mendelik D'Israeli and a group of two dozen Republican lawmakers are standing on stage facing an assembly of the press.
D'Israeli: You know it's very hard for me to address this issue considering my friendship with the Governor.  And I know that there are a lot of people who have been skeptical about what me and many other Republicans really stand for.  Well, apparently we let our infatuation with the Democratic Governor get the better of us.
In Scott Westman we saw more than somebody we agreed with on vital issues.  We saw an idealized image of our best friend if he wore a different party label.  We honestly believed that Scott Westman stood for libertarian values and would pursue such ends as Governor.
It turns out that on certain matters, like the liberalization of alcohol, he is indeed dedicated to the cause of liberty.  However, as of late his disturbing lust for alternative "green" energy at any cost has frightened us.  It is improper for any state official to force his views onto our representatives in the US Congress.  It should be what the people of this state, not Scott's arousal for green energy, that should drive the agenda of our representatives in Congress.
Also, Scott Westman has shown over the past year or so that he can't match his actions with his words in regards to fiscal accountability.  He substantially increased the wages of public employees.......yet left our police departments incredibly underfunded to deal with the wave of crime impacting our streets.  While I agree with his rhetoric, yes we should trust local police authority to deal with crime, I disagree with his record in regards to this issue.  The Federal Government should stay out of the doings of our state, that is very true.  However, just because you support smaller more limited government doesn't mean you should support a weak police force.
For what it's worth we opposed Westman's handouts to Government Unions because of the exact problems we are seeing right now.  Peter Goddy, our esteemed leader in the State Senate, predicted that Westman's support of large wage increases for public workers would inevitably leave us at a budget shortfall would lead to large increases in organized crime activity throughout the state due to the state police inability to properly combat this problem.  Instead, the responsibility has been forced upon already overtaxed municipalities to raise taxes to combat this problem.
We were initially hopeful that if we supported some of Westman's fiscally conservative planks that he would come around and work towards weakening the Union influence so we could finally restore order to this state.  Instead, we have seen him stubbornly ignore the rise in crime, as well as force his green utopia vision, in this state.
Therefore, with great hesitation, I announce that the Montana Republican Party Leadership has decided to take a united stance against Governor Westman's "Green Montana" program.  This party stands for free trade, actual real free trade.  Not only when it benefits Westman's green liberal agenda.

D'Israeli's speech before the press would generate a lot of buzz.  News organizations around the country were talking about the possibility of an implosion of the "Westman Coalition".  Meanwhile, D'Israeli's speech had managed to make inroads amongst alienated "Peters Republicans" who were bitter over the 1984 Gubernatorial Election.  Many began to speak of a reconciliation between the Republicans of Montana, the possibility of recapturing the former glory of 1980 when the Republicans, for the first time since the 1920's, took the Montana House and Senate in the wake of Beauregard D'Israeli's victory in Montana.
With possible disillusionment over the libertarian Democrat Scott Westman it had seemed that the Republican Party might see a resurgence by emphasizing the crime problem and the activism of the Westman Administration.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #704 on: November 04, 2011, 08:58:24 PM »

Wonder if ol' Mendelik will resign.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #705 on: November 11, 2011, 08:56:11 AM »
« Edited: November 13, 2011, 11:48:11 AM by A Piece of Ass »

August 7th, 1986
Helena, Montana
State Capitol Building:

Scott Westman is signing some papers to approve a field trip that a local high school principal requested to the Capitol Building.
Westman: You know this just isn't right.  Requiring me to officially sign papers allowing people to take trips to the State Capitol Building.  I mean really, just come up here.  What's with all of this bureaucratic nonsense?
Herschelwitz: Well, Governor Schumacher in the mid 70's thought that it was necessary to help the people in the State Capitol prepare a tour for visiting students.
Westman: Okay, but this is ridiculous!  I have to sign like 50 different forms each time one of these schools decide to visit.  I mean really man, at least when I was a US Senator I wasn't playing daddy to everybody in Washington D.C.!
The mailman arrives and drops off Westman's mail on his desk and hands him a pen and the delivery sheet of paper to sign.  Westman signs it and gives the guy a ten dollar tip.
The mailman looks down at the tip and smiles.
Mailman: Thanks sir!
Westman: Don't mention it.
The mailman walks off as Westman resumes his business.
Westman: Well well well......looks like we got a kid with ADHD.  My question is who gives a sh*t?  I mean really, if anything being ADHD would probably mean he enjoys the tri-
The phone rings.
Westman: Okay hold that thought.
Westman picks up the phone.
Westman: Sarah, what is it?
Sarah: Sir.....it's Senator Watson.
Westman: Uh can you tell him that I'm a little busy right now and to call back later?
Sarah: Sir, he sounds pretty upset.
Westman sighs great......Lawrence is acting pissy again.  What did someone call him a communist again or something?
Westman pushes the line 2 button.
Westman: Okay Larry......what's getting you hot under the collar this time?
Watson: Oh Scott you won't believe these bastards!  The things they're saying about me and my family!
Westman sighs, unbelievable, half the people in this state want to see me in Witness Protection and he is complaining about a few people in his state, where his approval ratings were in the mid 60's, saying sh*t about his family.  Unf***inlievable.
Westman: Dude, Larry....I understand how hurtful it is when people say sh*t about your family.  But you got to look at the bigger pictur-
Watson: Bigger picture!  ASSHOLE!  THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT MY F***ING FAMILY!
Westman snarls
Westman: Listen buddy, as a father of four, one of whom is a full grown woman who is probably being hit on by 4/5ths of the horny bastards she knows, and a husband to a very beautiful woman and as a controversial politician I know how maddening it is to have assholes make suggestions about you family.  Hell, some assholes even went as far as to say I enjoy a menage trois with Brea and Nora.  I know sick bastards right?  What is important to remember is that it's their job to try to get you to lose your cool.  The calmer and more collected you are, the better the result will be and the stupider these morons will look.
Watson: It's not that simple man-
Westman: What?  Did they say you are anti-American because your wife is Australian?  Jesus dude, that's the oldest trick in the book.
Watson: No you f***in idiot!  It includes you!
Westman: I'm sorry....what?
Watson: They included you in this!  They say awful things about you like you and Laura were having an affair behind my back!
Westman gasps.
Westman looks at his mail and opens a package.  He pulls out the material to reveal a dozen or so pamphlets saying "We know you did it Westman" that shows a picture of Laura Finney Watson on top of Westman kissing him on top of what looks like a pew bench.
Westman: My god.......
Watson: I know how awful are they!?  Saying such things about my close friend and my wife!  Calling my wife a slut!  I ought to kick their asses!
Westman: Yeah I remember this picture.  This was at that one St. Patrick's Day in I believe it was 1983 when me and her got drunk and we made out for like thirty minutes before Carl broke it up.
Silence on the other end.
Westman: Yeah it was kind of crazy.  I guess all of the alcohol or what not impaired our judgement or we thought it was funny.  She's a good kisser, for the record.  And a very warm cuddler.  Larry?  You still there?
The phone slams on the other line.
Oh sh*t.  What have I done?
Carl laughs.
Herschelwitz: Dumbass.  Prepare for an epic ass whipping.
Way the go Scott.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #706 on: November 11, 2011, 09:19:56 AM »

I'd like to see ex-footballer Watson take a trip to MT just to whip Westman's ass.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #707 on: November 11, 2011, 09:24:21 AM »
« Edited: November 11, 2011, 09:30:30 AM by A Piece of Ass »

Eight Hours Later
Helena, Montana
State Capitol Building:

Scott Westman is just leaving the building when he notices a 1984 Chrysler pull up in the parking lot as the tall and hefty driver slams the door closed and heads towards Westman.
Westman: Look Larry, I can explain-
Larry runs forward and clotheslines Westman.  Westman, as big and tall (6'5" and weighs about 255 lbs.) as he is collapses after being clotheslined by the 6'2" 325 lbs. Larry Watson.  He flips over Watson's forearm and lands back first on the parking lot concrete.
Watson: Bastard!  You felt up my wife, MY WIFE!, On St. Patrick's Day!!!?
Westman looks up in fear.
Westman: Dude, I thought you knew.......you were there!
Watson picks up Westman and pats him on the cheek.
Watson: Oh right......I WAS TALKING TO MO AND HIS FAMILY!!
He gives two very hard punches to Westman's gut, causing Westman to double over in pain.  Westman falls down, groaning.
Westman: Holy Jesus dude!  Have you been working out!?
Watson: Shut the fuck up you horny bastard!  YOU SLIPPED TONGUES WITH MY WIFE WHILE I WAS TALKING TO MY FATHER FIGURE!!!  HOW COULD YOU!?
Westman laughs.
Westman: Dude, she started it.
Watson: Huh?
Westman: Yeah she did man.  I was just laying back minding my own business.  I was slightly buzzed, sure, but I wasn't near drunk enough to have my judgement impaired.  Then Laura, who was really drunk and inebriated, just appears out of nowhere and props herself on my lap like she's Sondra Locke or something.  She starts massaging my chest a bit and tells me that she always thought I looked real sexy, especially in green.  And then she started licking my inner earlobe.  HOW THE FUCK WAS I SUPPOSED TO RESPOND!!!!  GET HER OFF OF ME AND COME ACROSS AS SOME HUGE FUCKIN' f****t!?
Watson walks over and kicks Westman in the back, HARD.
Watson: Fucker.  She is still my wife!  That's like kissing your sister you sicko!
Westman laughs.
Watson: Oh wait......you probably like that kind of stuff.  Sisterlover.
Westman gets up in a rage and tackles Watson to the ground.
Westman: FUCK YOU FATASS!  I'LL KICK YOUR LARD ASS!
The two men get in a scuffle and start punching each other left and right.
Suddenly security shows up and breaks the two men up.  Westman settles down, as does Watson and security lets them go.
Westman dusts off Watson's coat.
Westman: Look man, Laura was very drunk alright.  She didn't know where she was.  Why do you think she hates alcohol now days?  I'm shocked she never brought that up.  Alcohol makes her do crazy things.  It makes me do crazy things.
Watson looks down and then looks back up.
Watson: Alright, whatever.  What do we tell the press?
Westman: Nothing, let them make up their own minds.  Even if most people do believe it it's going to benefit you, out of sympathy.  Now, if you feel a little calmer let's go get a drink alright?
Watson shakes Westman's hand.
Watson: Well, at least it was you and not William Scranton.
The two men laugh and walk off toward Westman's 1983 Jeep and drive off into the sunset.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #708 on: November 11, 2011, 03:48:21 PM »

HOLY MOOD WHIPLASH, BATMAN!

Bloody brilliant
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #709 on: November 15, 2011, 04:40:07 PM »

Welcome to the Desert, maggot!:

"Today you will be going through Hell in the Desert!  The enemy is everywhere waiting to devour your freedom loving souls!  This is not easy conflict like Vietnam where damn Charlie was afraid of the advances of Uncle Sam!  Back there we had strength through numbers working for us!  Here we got treacherous terrain and the dry desert climate working against us!  What do you want maggot!"
"Sir!  Wouldn't a dry desert climate actually benefit us compared to the diseased hell that is Vietnam?!"
"You would be wrong maggot!?  While here we get miles upon miles of free terrain to cross there is very little access to water supplies in this part of the great Persian Desert!  Those damned Sandies will be out to make sure we are more thirsty than a dry dog in the middle of a Texas Summer!  You think that Yellow Fever and malaria were bad!?  How about going two to three days without water for ya!?  How about going through abandoned desert towns with nothing but the rotting carcasses of slaughtered animals, the victims of scorched earth by the Commie bastards who dare try to take over this nation!?  Or how about sand traps?  That's right gentlemen!  There are miles, HUNDREDS OF MILES, of mined desert imperceptible to the human eye, that could jump up any minute and rip your body into a nice scrappy bits!  You will look....and taste...more crisp than a basket of Fish and Chips served on St. Patrick's Day!"
"Excuse me sir.....did you just say "taste"?"
"Hell yes I did private!  What?!  Did you seriously think that two weeks worth of US field rations would be enough food for this three and a half week track!?  A track that will keep us out of the reaches of civilization through the minefields of the Kavir Desert and through the treacherous climes of the Zagros Mountains and get the drop on those anti-individual bastards in Shiraz!  Yes!  Through sheer determination through the worst hell terrain ever faced by US Marines in wartime we will score the decisive victory against the Persian National Front!  They will not see us coming!  IS that clear Corporal Watson!?"
"Yes Sir!  All hail the mighty Phoenix Company!"
"All Hail!"

United States Marine Corps
Memorandum
November 8th, 1967
1843 Hours Eastern Standard Time

To:  Colonel Lawrence Watson, Sr.
Subject: Corporal Charles Watson Status

Sir it is with great regret we inform you that at 1712 Hours in the Zagros Mountains your son Corporal Charles Watson was the victim of a mountainside ambush by Communist insurgents 45 miles north of Shiraz, Iran.  He and the entire Phoenix Company were wiped out and there are no reports of any prisoners per intelligence.

We're terribly sorry sir.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #710 on: November 15, 2011, 05:48:59 PM »

The Persian War!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #711 on: November 15, 2011, 08:35:17 PM »

You think this is over, f****t?Sad

"Well do ya?!"
"No sir?"
"WHAT!?"
"No sir?"
"You damn right it's not over O'Connor you lily faced Irish ass pirate!  We are gonna bust our asses through that mountain if it's the last goddamn thing our grunt asses do on the face of this goddamn planet!  Do I make myself clear!?"
"SIR YES SIR!"
"What?"
"SIR YES SIR!"
"That's right maggot!  The struggles this platoon is going to face over the course of these next two weeks is going to be pure hell!  Because you see men we are going to hump our asses through the Zagros Mountains to deliver a can of atomic whoopass on the commie bastards hiding out in Shiraz all before the morons in Phoenix Company, that Company of faggy ass kikes, ns, chinks, and Methodists, get there!  We'll be even more hardcore than them Sack O'Sh*ts because not only are we going over the mountains but we will come out of the caverns against those Commie mothaf***as!  Now move it!  Move it!"

My body lies broken, my mind lay asunder:

As I watch the Persians take yet another piece from Captain Suthers.  Yet his spirit remains unbroken.  They slice him open, bit by bit, in front of the men, yet he remains untainted.  As the Persian commander leans in, with his flaming sword aimed at the Captains gut, he gives a defiant sneer and spits in the Commander's mouth.  The Commander, full of rage and fury, jabs the flaming sword into the guts of Suthers.......who dies with a grin from ear to ear....knowing that he had died before spilling his out his guts before the enemy.
Yet I lay broken before the enemy.  I know not what my enemy plans for me.  I know not what number of days may prepare for me yet.  O'Life, would it be a tragedy that I die here in this mountainous hell: a young man from Portland at the age of 19?  Is this what the whole purpose and meaning of my life had gone....to die in this sh*thole!?  Fuck that!  I wanna live!  I WANNA LIVE!  I want to grow old on the coastal plains of my home village.  Seek solace in the readings and writings of the great poets of simpler times and to bring my own vision to the world.  But no more alas, no more shall I read, no more shall my writings live in the same vein as Poe, as Livingston, as Meyer.  Instead I shall die here, the veteran of a thousand Persian Wars under a merciless never ending sun.

Private Thaddeus O'Connor
November 19th, 1967
Deadman's Platoon
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #712 on: November 15, 2011, 08:58:29 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2011, 09:05:16 PM by Jesus Wept »

Eat Shit Pig:

"I ain't afraid of you."
"You think you're tough shit boy?  You think you can disgrace the US Armed Forces BY BURNING YOUR DRAFT NOTICE!?  You have any idea how deep of shit you are in right now?"
"I ain't going to die in Morton's motherfucking war.  I ain't going to die for him or his Rockefellerian masters either."
"Son........this has nothing to do with politics.  This has to do with the law.  There is a goddamn draft.  When Uncle Sam calls for you, you best as shit not ignore him."
"I don't fight for this Uncle Sam.  I fight for me and my family.  I sure as hell don't fight for the statist Grand Opportunist Party and the Rockefeller elite.  So you, and the rest of the pigs can go to Hell and go fuck yourselves."
"Real cute son, real cute.  You think that avoiding this draft will help you one bit?  You would've been better off going f****t than this.  But you know what kid?  I like you.  Yes, I like you!  So I'm doing you a favor.  Yes that's right you better like it.  Instead I'm going to put you on a part time work gang.  You come here ever weekend, 8-5, and I'll call it even.  If you so much as call off for duty without a doctor's orders then it's off to the States with your ungrateful ass.  Maybe you'll even get lucky and make some pretty boy there your bitch.  You seem like a bitchmaking type Westman."
"Put on a dress and a wig McNally and you might find out just how rough I can be."
"In your dreams f****t.  This ass breaks for no man!"

Another day, another protest:

The Land of the Free, the Home of the Brave....until you dare defy the Rockefeller agenda.  The President, and his corporatist cronies, are all bought and paid for by the interests of Northeastern elitists to force thousands of American boys to die in a war for oil imperialism in the name of combating a dying ideology.
This is what wars have always been waged for: GREED.  G-R-E-E-D.  The taking of resources for one single purpose: the domination of civilization.  Which is why I intend to oppose the state that so wishes to convert me for it's purposes.
Here I am....God's Lonely Man...fighting the great war against the evils of violence, of suppression, of bigotry, of hatred.  The authority wishes to subvert us through the force of government.  But I shall resist, in the name of my family and everything I believe in.

This is my true calling.

Scott Westman
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #713 on: November 15, 2011, 09:56:26 PM »

"You see me now. Veteran of a thousand Persian Wars" I got that from the Blue Oyster Cult song "Veteran of the Psychic Wars" which began with "You see me now a veteran of a thousand Psychic Wars". One of my favorite songs.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #714 on: November 18, 2011, 11:23:56 AM »
« Edited: November 18, 2011, 08:59:30 PM by Jesus Wept »

August 7th, 1986 Cont.
6:04 PM
O'Kelly's Bar
Helena, Montana:

Caroline:
Good god, look at you two!  How're you going to explain this to the media?
Westman laughs.
Westman: I fell over a table while inebriated earlier?
Caroline holds Scott's hand and cuddles up against his arm.
Watson: Hey Carol did you know your husband likes to shove his tongue down the throats of other mens' wives?
Caroline laughs.
Caroline: How else do you think he's going to bring "something new" to the bedroom Larry?
Watson: Doesn't that disgust you?
Caroline: What?  That he made out with Laura on St. Patrick's Day while very drunk before we got married?  (laughs) No, not really.
Westman kisses Caroline on the top of her head.
Westman: My girl!
Watson: You mean one of your girls.
Westman: Come on Larry, it's not like we had sex and everybody stood by and watched us.  Jesus dude.......seriously.
Caroline: Hey......this lucky dog has done a bit more than smoochin on other women mind you.  Hell, I let him get away with that fling with that shooting range chick.  A hit and miss situation that was.
Westman: Haha, you're very funny Carol.
Caroline: So how's that pretty little secretary of yours Scott?  Are you giving her a raise anytime soon?
Watson: Haha, that was a really good one Scott.
Westman: Seriously that's not cool.  We haven't even done anything yet.
Caroline laughs.
Caroline: "Yet".  You crack me up honey.
Westman: Damn it!  Just because I waxed one doesn't mean I"m waxing the whole neighborhood!
Caroline: Could've fooled me.  It's alright hon, I understand.  I'm very "special".  Just don't let any reporters into our home.  God knows how quick they are to give you a special "interview"
Watson: Alright, we've tortured the poor man long enough.
Caroline: Speaking of which how is Laura anyway?
Watson: She's devastated.  Because of these bastards.  First they make insults on her nationality, insult our kids, and now they imply she's a slut.
Westman: Dude, they know about your temper problems.  They're trying to make you unhinged right now.  They're getting desperate.
Watson: It's not right at all what they're doing.
Westman: Man, your approval ratings are at 66%, you are leading Scranton by over 30 points right now.  Of course the Rockefeller elites are trying to get up as much dirt on you as possible.  They don't like you because you represent the common man obviously.
Watson: Man, for a very rich boy from an established political dynasty married into another political dynasty you sure don't like the Rockefellers and those other Republican WASPs.  Is that possible Irish Catholic bitterness I hear in your tone Scott?
Westman: I sure as hell ain't bitter on that.  I'm not my grandfather.  But the WASP controllers of the eastern Republican establishment love to parlay this image that they're better than everyone and they know it.  And they are shocked that it's getting harder and harder for them to win in a region they once had dominance over.
Watson: I guess tactics like this makes more sense considering that.  They do seem to be pretty arrogant.  I'm surprised the Republicans have a plurality in the Congress considering the assholery of it's North East base.  They're almost as bad as Southern racist reactionaries like Jesse Helms who still believes that America doesn't want Civil Rights after the fact.  What a retard.
Westman: Old Jesse.  I'm starting to miss that guy he was a laugh riot.  So hilarious when Crane dumped him on national tv.  Anyway I expect you to win in a landslide if that's the best they can do.  Also, I expect the Montana Democratic Party to lose at least six seats in the Senate and god knows how many in the House.  You're lucky.
Watson: Come on man, it's still a midterm election.  You know how the trend happens.  You'll probably lose like 10 seats in the House, tops.
Westman: I would hope so.  Dude, how is Laura?  I'm really concerned you know.
Watson laughs.
Watson: She's been worrying more about how your ass would take it.  This may shock you Scott but she really loves you.
Westman nods.
Westman: I know.................
Westman's mind would go to a time, not so long ago, yet so different.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #715 on: November 18, 2011, 11:29:01 AM »

Still great work as always!

It reminds me I need to go back to work on mine. I've been neglecting my writing recently.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #716 on: November 18, 2011, 10:43:47 PM »

I was wondering what O'Connor had been up to. Smiley
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #717 on: November 19, 2011, 11:13:38 AM »

January 19th, 1979
A park in Washington D.C.Sad

Two tall men with beards and long hair are in seated at a park table.  One of them slightly taller than the other with red hair that was between the shades of crimson and brick and had facial hair that was between a Zappa Mustache and a Fu Manchu.  The other had the build of a former college linebacker and was wearing glasses that gave him the look of an overweight John Lennon.
The two, though hard to identify, were US Congressmen.  US Senator Scott Westman of Montana and US Representative Lawrence Watson of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  Both Democrats.
Westman pulls out two Kamel Reds and offers one of them to Watson.  Watson takes the cigarette as Westman lights it for him and then proceeds to light his own.  The two then, almost as if on sync, start smoking.
Westman speaks up.
Westman: Alright buddy, what's up?
Watson: It's Laura.  She says that she wants me to cut back on the drinking.
Westman: Typical.  You know the dozen or so girls I've been with have never made that kind of draconian demand.
Watson: I know it's just not fair!  It's not like drinking alcohol makes you a murderer or something.  She says I'm not myself when I'm drunk.
Westman: Well see that's the problem you see.  It's all about finding the right mix between moderation and excess.  "Moderation" is only a buzz word for a slight buzz but we all know that that never gets the job done.
Watson: She says she's in love with the real me, not the me on alcohol.
Westman: What a load of sh*t!  I'm not my real me unless I'm on alcohol.  Just ask Nora.  I'm very affectionate after a few drinks of Michael Collins and Dr. Pepper.
Watson: There's a little difference, even for you, between your sister and a lover man.
Westman: They're both women who will cuddle with you.  The only real difference is that you can sleep with one but not the other.
Watson laughs.
Watson: Why don't you two just surrender fully and begin Westman Family Dating Relations Saga 2?  The first time around was a smashing success.
Westman laughs.
Westman: Nah, Nora smells too much like marijuana leaves half the time.
Watson: What is Nora doing up here anyway?
Westman: Oh she's working at a local Art Institute.  Makes my love life kind of rough actually.  Can't bring that many girls home with her around.  However, she's been very sweet lately and I really enjoy laying down on the couch with her watching the many Star Trek re-runs.
Watson: (bemusedly) Freud was right.
Westman scoffs.
Westman: Well Mr. Romance........my relationship seems to be going much stronger than yours right now.  Why?  Because you overindulge yourself.
Watson: What?
Westman: Or rather you overindulge yourself in the wrong things.  You see with me I like to overindulge in the affections of women.  They appreciate things like that you know taking hours out of your day to hold them, comforting them.  They don't appreciate sleeping next to a stone cold passed out former linebacker who can't hold his liquor.  They want a conscious loving caring man there next to them.  Sure I come home drunk more often than not, but at least before I go to sleep I consciously enjoy the good night embrace.
Watson: What is it with you Irish and the whole family fetish?
Westman: What is it with you Scottish f****ts and wearing skirts?
Watson laughs.
Watson: Touche.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #718 on: November 19, 2011, 12:34:38 PM »

Persian War vet & Sec. of Veterans' Affairs doesn't get a Persian War entry!?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #719 on: November 19, 2011, 08:09:06 PM »

Persian War vet & Sec. of Veterans' Affairs doesn't get a Persian War entry!?

Wait for it.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #720 on: November 20, 2011, 08:35:14 AM »

Out in the Cold:

I saw the whole thing.  I saw the whole damn thing.  The Persian bastards taking my squad.  We had arrived and saw the dead bodies of Phoenix Company.  The bastards slaughtered them like they were nothing man.  Like they were nothing.  Their bodies, their blood, spread over the mountainside.  Captain ordered me, Philips, and Sangamon to stay behind and radio in for backup if anything happened.
Well something did happen.  The Persies had an ambush set up.  However, Phoenix Company would end up lucky as the Persians would capture our platoon by force and bring them inside the cavern of their operations.
We radioed for backup while hiding behind some trees in the distance.  HQ came in a few minutes later:
"Sorry Corporal Sangamon.  Nearest helicopter reinforcements will take at least a half day, after refueling and repairs, to get to your present location."
"A half day!?  Are you fucking me?  We need back up now GODDAMNIT!  NOW!!"
"I don't know what to tell you Corporal.  I really don't.  Get out of there now and return to the nearest base."
"The nearest base is 60 fucking miles from our present location!  We will be dry remains for the vultures before we even get half way back!  God knows we can't take the flat lands unless we want to end up extra crispy!"
"Well then find a cave or something to hide out in nearby."
"THIS ENTIRE AREA IS CRAWLING WITH SANDIES!!!  THEY'LL PROBABLY FIND OUR LOCATION WITHIN THE NEXT 4 HOURS, AND THAT'S A LIBERAL ESTIMATE, AND THEN HAVE OUR GUTS SPILLED OUT JUST IN TIME FOR DINNER!"
"Damn it Barry, I'm going in!"
"Christ Christian!  Are you crazy!"
"We've seen how effective these Sandies were at killing 40 of our fellow marines and you think it's a great idea to just charge them?!  Are you out of your mind?"
"I could give a shit.  Those bastards killed over 40 of our fellow marines and I will not be able to look at myself in the mirror if I let them off with that.  Now I'm going in whether you guys come along or not.  However, I won't sit back here while HQ has it's thumb up it's ass and leaves us to the slaughter.  I'd rather die fighting than die with my pants down."
"Shit bro.........(cocks gun) now WE HAVE TO GO!"
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #721 on: November 20, 2011, 09:50:54 AM »

Thank you. Smiley
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #722 on: November 21, 2011, 12:43:29 AM »

Interview with Former US Senator George McGovern (D-SD)Sad

In regards to politics the era after the end of World War II is interesting.  On the one hand you had the Democrats, who had decided to expand upon their New Deal Coalition by adopting the Civil Rights plank to gain the votes of urban minorities.  However, this would cause great friction within the party among pro-segregation conservatives who would bolt the party and organize a strong third party movement that would try to act as spoiler in quite a few elections.  However, the urban bosses saw this time as an opportunity to expand their influence.  The New Dealers, without key Southern allies to keep the influence of machines like Tammany and prominent businessmen like Joseph Kennedy, Sr. at bay, were diminished in influence.  By the day it had seemed that, not to sound politically incorrect, that the Irish were taking over the Democratic Party.
Which we should've expected a bit of, considering that outside of the South most of the Democratic power based were concentrated in urban areas that had for over a century had been bossed by generations of Irish Catholic urban leaders who used their organization to gather large immigrant voting blocs against Republicans.
This, combined with moderates in the GOP forcing their way into the establishment and shutting down conservative leadership voices by disreputable means until Phil Crane felt obligated to run in 1980, helps explain why it is often hard to identify parties with ideology.  For one, while the Democrats do tend to be more leftist in economic outlook than the GOP there are a few, especially those that would be labeled "lace curtain" Democrats (like Scott Westman of Montana), who believe in pragmatic, if not libertarian, view of the economic market and fiscal policy.  Likewise, while Civil Rights tend to be accepted amongst both parties populist and religious influences in the Democratic Party tend to keep voters on the "traditional" axis of American social issues such as gun rights and abortion.  Republicans, owing to both it's moderate establishment and a growing number of conservative and libertarian voters, is often found to be quite split on social issues as a whole.
In short American political parties, with the exception of the latest Conservative movement brought up with President Phil Crane, is best identified with sociocultural factors.  Namely, the economic class of the individuals, where they live, and in certain cases, pride of heritage.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #723 on: November 21, 2011, 06:54:37 AM »

What status does McGovern hold among the Progressives?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #724 on: November 21, 2011, 09:30:49 AM »

What status does McGovern hold among the Progressives?

He's generally considered to be a "progressive" figure.  Like Goldwater he is known as a prominent member of his ideology but doesn't gain the notoriety he got IRL since he failed in his presidential bid.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies