Westman Timeline Pt. I
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:25:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Westman Timeline Pt. I
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40
Author Topic: Westman Timeline Pt. I  (Read 185008 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: July 13, 2012, 07:29:24 PM »
« edited: July 13, 2012, 07:32:40 PM by James Badass Monroe »

April 20th, 1987
Westman Flathead Lake Estate:

Scott Westman goes downstairs and goes to the den.  He just woke up, but damn he felt the need to relax a bit more.  He walks in and sees his friend Thad O'Connor.  The former US Representative from Maine District 2.
Westman: Well, how's the bud?
O'Connor, perhaps just now getting himself out of the buzz, looks up from his bowl and nods.
O'Connor: It's good.
Westman takes a seat next to him and takes a hit.
Westman: Good sh*t man.  Good sh*t.
O'Connor: And just to think we would be laughed out of office if they found this out about us.
Westman: You mean I would you unemployed bum.  By the way, happy birthday.
Westman gives O'Connor a huge present in gift wrap.
O'Connor: Scott, my birthday was in January.
Westman: Shut up and open the briefcase, err I mean present.
O'Connor opens up the gift wrapping and finds a premium leather briefcase.
O'Connor: What is this?  I got a job at a law firm?
Westman: Open it.  The code is 258-991 and push the locks out.
O'Connor enters in the combination and cracks open the briefcase.  Inside are legions of one hundred dollar bills.  In stacks
O'Connor: What is this?  $100,000?
Westman smirks.
Westman: No, it's $5,000,000.
O'Connor: Dude, what the f*** am I going to do with $5,000,000?
Westman: Win, motherf***er.  Win.
O'Connor: Win what?  My old House seat?
Westman: No, the US Senate.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #951 on: July 14, 2012, 05:11:38 PM »

April 20th, 1987
Cont.:

O'Connor:
And what if I say "no"?
Westman: There is no "no".  You will.
O'Connor: I can't just accept this money!  This is bribery!
Westman: No, it's an investment.  A good cash investment against a well entrench political machine.
O'Connor: Who?  The Snowes?  You think that Olympia is going to run against me now?
Westman: Well why not?  She's still young and oh so pretty.  She's a fresh and attractive face of the Maine GOP "moderates".  You however, are a well known and well liked independent, free from the hierarchy of the GOP.  You can destroy the Snowes with this.  Hell, this is like half of what Winfield Claypoole spent in New York.
O'Connor: Yes, but this is Maine damn it.  They won't take to a congressman, especially one who has bragged a long time about low funded campaigning, to using large amounts of money.
Westman pulls out an envelope.
O'Connor looks at it quizzically.
O'Connor: What's this?
Westman: It's a note.  From your something something removed uncle.  Or, more commonly my father.
O'Connor's eyes open.
O'Connor: What!?
Westman laughs before pulling out a large paper with a family tree on it.
O'Welherin
Westman: You don't know, do you?
O'Connor follows Westman's index finger as he traces the line down from his own family line all the way down to Riordan Flaherty O'Welherin.
Westman:.....look.
Westman moves his finger down and across to another name: "Sheridan O'Welherin".
Westman: What do you know about great grandmother Alice?
O'Connor looks puzzled.
O'Connor: I can't remember her maiden name.  But, she married my great grandfather, Robert O'Connor, and they gave birth to two more generations of O'Connors.
Westman points towards Sheridan, and moves his finger down on the tree to a name: "Alice O'Connor (nee Welherin)"
Westman: Your inheritance, good sir.  From a somewhat removed relative!
O'Connor: Still, this doesn't feel right-
Westman: Everyday Thad, the reactionary Coalition takes ever more and more away from the people!  You have got to be willing to use any democratic means possible to succeed!  Even money.  Now you, you are too vital for this plan to work without.  I hope you realize that.  I can only do so much as a Governor.  I leave the rest to you, and the fellows in Congress.
O'Connor: What're you, my f***ing father?
Westman grins.
Westman: Not quite.  You can think of me more as your Zhuge Liang.
O'Connor: Not fair.  I wanted to be the philosophical one!
Westman chuckles.
Westman: Cousin, you don't understand the machinations in place to put this into motion.  I have set forth a plan to usher in a new era of American politics.  You will be my top general, so will others.  And one day, a worthy emperor, shall lead us into the land of Shi.
O'Connor puts his face in his hands.
O'Connor: Heavens save us from your huge ego.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #952 on: July 15, 2012, 01:34:54 PM »

Going back a bit
January 18th, 1987
Governor's Mansion:

Helen Brisco comes up to the door of the Governor's Mansion and knocks.  She waits a few minutes as the door opens to Montana's First Lady.
Sh*t.
Caroline: Shocked to see me aren't you?
Brisco: I need to see the Governor-
Caroline: to fill his carnal fix?  I don't think so.  We don't need lowlife Republican sluts like you corrupting my husband.
Helen takes a few steps back in shock.
Brisco: Excuse me?
Caroline's face turns brick red.
Caroline: Yes that's right, excuse you!  I didn't ask for you to come around here and start riding my husband like a race horse nor did any of us ask you to corrupt his agenda.  I'm onto you Senator Hussy, and you won't get away with it anymore.
Brisco: Oh yeah right.  What're you going to do?  Call the media?
Caroline: And set into motion the end of your political career?  Yes, that is tempting.  However I can rest assured that won't be necessary, as Scott himself is adamantly in favor of Mansfie-
Westman: Caroline!  That is no way to speak to a Montana State Senator!
Westman comes up from behind and gets in the doorway.  Caroline looks mad.
Caroline: My god, I can't believe this.  You're actually defending her!
Westman: No I'm not.  And just please honey, for a few minutes, leave us alone.
Caroline: TO HELL WITH YOU!
Caroline angrily walks away from Westman back into the house.
Brisco looks at Westman, confused.
Brisco: Scott.....I
Westman looks at her sternly.
Westman: Listen Helen, I can't do this no more.  Alright?
Brisco: So.....you really are in love with her?  With that bitch?
Westman grits his teeth furiously.
Westman: I married her Helen.  That isn't something I do easily.  And my wife is not a bitch.  I hear you or anybody else call Caroline a bitch, I will punch them in the face.  Lawsuits be damned.
Brisco starts to tear up.
Brisco: You......you.......bastard!  After all we've been through, after all the nice thing you said............and you just end this!?  For what!?  For some elitist stuck up lace curtain bitch who doesn't even treat you ri-
In a moment of pure fury and rage, Westman's right hand opens up and his palm finds itself hitting Helen Brisco full force in the face.  She falls down and hits her head on the ground.
Westman: Are you f***ing deaf?  NOBODY CALLS MY WIFE A BITCH!  NOBODY!  ESPECIALLY NOT YOU!
Helen looks up at Westman, her face streaming with tears.  She had the eyes of one who has been grossly betrayed, as her once lover fully surrendered to her worst enemy.
She was furious.
Brisco: Goddamn you Scott.  Goddamn you!  I hope you, and your cronies, rot in Hell.  You immoral liar of a hypocrite.
Brisco walks off and out of Westman's life.
Westman: Heh, women.
And, in one moment of intense pride, Scott Westman had saved his marriage.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #953 on: July 15, 2012, 07:22:10 PM »

Sad Helen

Anyway, great updates, but out of curiosity what happened to Thad and Mary Sears Lodge?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #954 on: July 16, 2012, 09:40:39 AM »

Sad Helen

Anyway, great updates, but out of curiosity what happened to Thad and Mary Sears Lodge?

Mary Sears Lodge found out that Thad was an enthusiastic pothead, and dumped him over it.

He cries like a little girl every night before he goes to bed, lamenting his loss.  Mary Sears Lodge is still single, and quite lonely, because she doesn't find the upper class "old money" to be attractive and continually rejects the men her mother tries to hook her up with.

So, there is still hope.  But he needs to stop being a Captain JL "LOSERRRRRRR".
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #955 on: July 17, 2012, 10:31:55 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2012, 02:14:47 PM by James Badass Monroe »

State Legislature Party Control
As of February 1987:

State House Control:

Democratic Party: 33 State Houses
Republican Party: 15 State Houses
Constitution Party: 1 State House
Unicameral non-partisan: Nebraska

State Senate Control:

Democratic Party: 27 State Senates
Republican Party: 19 State Senates
Constitution Party: 3 State Senates
Unicameral non-partisan: Nebraska
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #956 on: July 19, 2012, 03:08:32 AM »

January 28th, 1987:

The polls are quite clear.  David Mansfield is polling well ahead of his opponents, with 54%.  Republican nominee Helen Brisco, despite rumors of some cross support, is polling far behind at 42%.  Better numbers than what the previous Governor had posted against Westman, but still not promising.  Luckily for her, she is having Conservative support this election, but will it be enough to put her over?  Just a short time left and a few undecided voters that could go either way!  The Governor's support for Mansfield has got to hurt her chances, as the Governor has been known for being favorable to more libertarian leaning Republicans.  Can Brisco manage an upset with Conservative backing?
-Montana Political Radio
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #957 on: July 19, 2012, 01:53:48 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2012, 01:56:44 PM by James Badass Monroe »

Controversial Writings of the Past
Scott Westman, Junior Editor of the Missoula Democrat
August 11th, 1966:

The "Party of Equal Rights", ha what a laugh:

A couple of years ago or so the Republicans waged one of the faultiest and nastiest election campaigns in history.  By making the presidential election solely about the issue of race the Republicans managed to sidestep the real problems of poverty in this nation.  It should be noted, before anyone starts yelling "racism" at Democrats that it was the Democratic Party that was responsible for the majority of Civil Rights legislation in the 20th Century.  This isn't to denigrate the Republican Party, which has in it's own history supported strong Civil Rights measures for millions of Americans.
However, the one field Republicans have never been one of moral authority on is poverty.  Throughout it's history, there hasn't been a Republican Administration, to a one, that has actually proposed solutions to poverty.  There might be some of whom today, while reading this, will surely think "but what about Teddy Roosevelt?  He cared about the poor!  You partisan hack!"
Wrongo, Teddy Roosevelt was actually more closely aligned with conservative party bosses than he was with legit progressives like Robert M. LaFollette.  In fact, his predecessor William McKinley, who is dreaded as a symbol of reactionary pro-Gold Standard capitalism, had a much friendlier relationship with labor.  That, and his so-called "progressive" accomplishments were window dressing regulations that missed the point of social democratic authors like Upton Sinclair.
And so to, it could be argued that no other Republican President has really ever had it in for the working class, as exhibited by the "they must be racist" rantings of Republicans two years ago instead of addressing the lack of income levels mentioned in the Affirmative Action Law.  The Affirmative Action Law, Morton's Law, is pure political pandering to non-white minorities with no universal benefit to the blue collar class.  If this observation makes me racist before a number of readers out there, so be it.  I don't intend to be the most popular writer in this organization, nor do I intend to sell my soul to the pomp rich aristocracies of New England just to make a few more dollars.
In fact, I consider the Morton Administration's approach to be the most blatantly racist, as it keeps in place in many areas the notion of race being a hiring preference.  The 1964 Democratic ticket was the exact opposite of that, arguing that Affirmative Action hires should focus on the needs of lower income Americans of all races and backgrounds.  For instance, I would very much like to think that the improvements we've seen in Detroit, Harlem, and other black areas of the country would've been seen in the Appalachian Mountains amongst the poor Scots-Irish, amongst whom entry into high school is rare.  Under a Democratic Administration, these poor souls, as white as they are, would've been given as equal a chance to succeed in the business place or get a chance at higher education as urban blacks and hispanics that are at economic disadvantage.
We have successfully turned over decades of set in stone racist hiring practices with politically correct racism.  This law is the picture next to the idiom "two wrongs don't make a right."
As bad as racism is in this country, it doesn't hold a candle to the evils of poverty.  When a President shows that he is more concerned with attacking racists than he is attacking poverty we have a problem.  Under the laws of today, where the lynch mob has been illegal for two decades now, I think it's safe that people can survive racism.
What people can't survive is crushing poverty.  Brutal, crushing poverty.
At the very most a few dozen people die from racial violence every year.  A multitude more die from starvation, lack of shelter, and inner city crime.  Americans should've had their priorities straight in 1964.
Furthermore, the GOP shows it's massive disregard for the poor by continuing uncontained wars in the Middle East and Asia.  These wars are costing us billions of dollars a year, and tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths from blue collar families, the hardest hit from the uncalled for military draft.  So don't be fooled by the Republican posturing on Civil Rights, they aren't an openminded group of people.  They believe all men are equal, unless their income is $30,000 or less a year.
Harsh words?  Maybe, but what else can you say about a party that has continually come against the weakest of society?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #958 on: July 19, 2012, 02:32:42 PM »

A humble request, dear Mechaman. A map of the 1980 primary fight between Ted Kennedy and Walter Mondale? (with the possibility of VP Carter taking the South possibly?)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #959 on: July 20, 2012, 11:13:55 AM »

A humble request, dear Mechaman. A map of the 1980 primary fight between Ted Kennedy and Walter Mondale? (with the possibility of VP Carter taking the South possibly?)

1980 Democratic Primary Fight:

The 1980 Democratic Primaries are known for being one of the bloodiest primary fights in history.  It was mainly a fight between the progressive "New Deal" wing of the party, behind Minnesota US Senator Walter Mondale, and the more liberal "New Frontier" wing of the party behind Massachusetts US Senator Edward "Ted" Kennedy (the younger brother of the late President Robert F. Kennedy).  At the time the New Deal faction had reigned dominant in the party, like it had since the 1930's under President Roosevelt.  However, the "New Frontier" coalition, which traces it's origins to a speech by Massachusetts Senator John F. Kennedy in 1960 while campaigning as Vice President had begun to gain ground in the late 1960's and 1970's due to the presidency of Robert Kennedy and his various "neoliberal" reforms and pragmatic legislation that attracted moderate Republicans.  Of note, President Kennedy continued the Morton era tax cuts, against strong protests from the left of the Democratic Party, keeping the tax rate on the richest of Americans at 65% instead of the 85% taxation rate that existed under Kefauver.
Eventually, the New Dealers managed to raise the tax rate on the rich up to around 79%, striking outrage amongst many Americans.  A thing to remember about the tax laws, that escaped the Reagan Administration, is that along with the tax cuts that Morton and Kennedy enforced there came the elimination of various tax holes, especially for people involved in the area of performance arts and literature.
However, fiscal hawks in both parties, concerned about the federal deficit after the passage of the Public Healthcare Act of 1973, hesitantly voted for raising income taxes across the board to pay for the PHA.  Income taxes would be at their highest levels since 1957, when conservative and moderate Democrats sided with a growing Republican minority to sign tax cuts into place to lower the upper income tax rate to 78% from 85% as it had been under Kefauver's first term to encourage economic growth.
The effects of the raising of rates up to 79% was drastic.  It was even worse for millionaires than it was under Roosevelt, who put into place capital gains exclusions and other exemptions to prevent millionaires from literally paying 90% of their money every year.  Many American business leaders, musicians, and other well paid professional class individuals started moving to Canada where the tax laws were much more conservative and the government enforced protecting "tax exiles" from "punitive governments".  It was in this time period, 1975-1979, that Canada experienced record "white collar" immigration mostly from America and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
By 1980, the "New Frontier" advocates had enough of the Reagan establishment and Edward Kennedy declared his bid for President.  In response, President Reagan tapped Walter Mondale, the US Senator from Minnesota and a protege of labor stalwart Hubert Humphrey, to run for president to prevent "neoliberalism" from taking over the Democratic Party.  Also running was Reagan's own Vice President, James "Jimmy" Carter of Georgia, who acted as a Southern surrogate for Kennedy (to combat Mondale's strength in the South amongst laborers and non-white minorities).  Within the White House, and Congress, Civil War was brewing in the Democratic Party as the Primaries loomed and the nation got madder every day at Democratic Administration.
Edward Kennedy's strength was amongst a coalition of white collar professionals, Catholics, immigrants, and the growing Asian and Hispanic population groups.  In quite a few states that allow open primary voting (ie, anybody can vote in the Democratic Primaries, even Republicans) Republicans overwhelmingly favored Kennedy over Mondale, driving his number way up in parts of New England.
Walter Mondale countered by raising a mostly working class coalition to combat what he called the "Republican Millionaires for Kennedy" movement.  Mondale, emphasizing the "New Deal Legacy" was also able to rally black voters in vital swing states in the South and the Midwest.  Lutheran evangelicals and other northern Midwest mostly Scandinavian church groups voted over 85% for Mondale.
James Carter's appeal was limited mostly to the "South" and attracted mostly church going evangelical folk and farmers and ranchers.  Most considered Carter to be the "folksiest" of the candidates in the primaries, as he won most rural Southern whites and also showed a respectable showing in counties in the High Plains states.

Map:

Mondale
Kennedy
Carter
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #960 on: July 20, 2012, 11:50:38 AM »

January 28th, 1987
Governor's Study:

Westman:
What do you want Randall?
Coulter stands before Westman, not sure what to say.
Coulter: I realize this is old, but you've put us in a spot.  For one, you physically assaulted one of our members, a young woman of fair disposition.
Westman: She called my wife a bitch.  What?  Are you going to press charges?
Coulter: No, because by now you realize how screwed we all are.  This affair of yours will make us all look weak in the long run.  If this gets out to the public, that you bonked a Republican Senator, it makes us look bad.  Why?  Because the critics will call us "weak" for submitting to a Democrat.
Westman: Likewise, I would be portrayed as some "Republican lover".  We can't have that can we?  So what is the plan?
Coulter laughs.
Coulter: You know that I know you don't like my kind of Republican.  Alright Scott, I can accept that.  However, that doesn't mean we can't offer each other something to produce a conductive relationship.  Now (pulls out papers) while the damage to my party might be bad and it might lead to a Conservative dominance in the Legislature, you can be damned certain that I am not afraid to use these-
Drops pictures of Helen Brisco and Scott Westman kissing while resting on a lounger on the outside deck of his Lake Flathead Estate.
Coulter:-if necessary.  Are you?
Westman: Alright Randall, what's your offer?
Coulter: Simple.  You agree to stop this ridiculous land values tax plan of yours and I'll get my caucus to support your so-called "Green Montana" plan.  Also, no taxes until 1989-
Westman: This is ridiculous man.  Why should I listen to you?  I got 59 House members and 27 Senate members.  I could pass building the Great Wall of China-
Coulter: You can't fool me Scott.  Out of your caucus you have what?  Maybe 30 enthusiastic members.  Hell, your own boy for the US Senate, Mansfield, doesn't like your plan.  I would go as far as to say that the House is at the very most lukewarm for your plan.  Sure, the feel good Disco dancers in the Senate almost unanimously agrees with you, but the House?  Man, they are some real "NOT ON MY MEAT AND POTATOES!" types aren't they?
Westman laughs.
Westman: You know Randall, you are a pretty vivid guy.  I like that about you.  YOu take everything and apply dead music and food to it.  That's pretty incredible.  Anyway, I'm a Governor of a state man.  You can't expect an answer immediately, give me a few days to think about it.  Also, (hands him back the pictures) keep these.  You might be feeling lonely later and need a release.
Coulter: Bastard.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #961 on: July 20, 2012, 09:59:53 PM »

Awesome stuff man.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #962 on: July 23, 2012, 10:14:50 AM »

On the Big Tent

Speech by Scott Westman, August 9th, 1984 in Great Falls:

There are those, you surely know by now, who seek to enforce their agenda onto an entire party.  This party, the Democratic Party, is no stranger to it.  So bear in mind that your political enemies aren't merely those with R's or C's next to their names, but those D's who want to force your conscience into supporting something that goes against your beliefs.  We Democrats are the biggest tent party in the world, full of advocates of free thinking and liberal views.  We can't, as liberals, be taking seriously when the views of a few dominate our party.
This is a common occurrence in history.
Tammany Hall, the machine that my grandfather William Westman was a proud member of, used to pay people to vote for it.  It also openly opposed candidates of the populist or left wing mentality, in that they feared that by deviating from "the plan" they would lose middle income Irish Catholics and rich Dutch donors.  My grandfather, falling into the former category and later ascending to the upper class, was very much a believer in using the Tammany machine to uphold the prestige of his class.
Likewise, so was his opponent Franklin Roosevelt.
(crowd boos)
Yes, I expected that.  Not saying Franklin Roosevelt was our worst president ever, merely that he exhibited an ironic usage of machinery in the pursuit of politics.  An anti-Tammany Democrat, it should be noted that once in office he used his political base to eliminate opponents within his own party that opposed some of his plans.  Of note, several New York Democrats saw themselves either primaried or defeated in the general election, their opponents, even their Republican opponents, getting open support from the Democratic President.  Not to mention attempts at court stacking and other means to force his influence into public policy.
(mixed reaction)
Like I said, not a very popular thing to point out.  But every politician has their flaws.  So do I.  We politicians aren't in a position to be God, neither should we act like him.  This is a big party, with lots of views.  We should not strive to eradicate dissent within our ranks.  We should welcome the dissent and open dialogue between ourselves to best find out how to move this state, and ultimately the nation, forward.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #963 on: August 02, 2012, 10:36:50 PM »

The Next Night
Governor's Mansion:

Westman:
Well, I kicked her out Carl.  I kicked her out.  Now, what the Hell am I going to do?
Herschelwitz: Well, I must admit I am a but surprised.  I thought you and Caroline were on the verge of-
Westman: Well, I decided I'd rather make Caroline's life a living hell for the rest of my life rather than sacrifice my political future.  And, given the amount of embarrassment she would get if it came out publicly that her husband possessed a Republican, she's okay with sticking with it.
Herschelwitz: I mean, how the hell do you just, I mean you just......
Westman: Let's not talk about it, okay?
Herschelwitz glumly noods.
Westman brings out a journal of his.  He opens it and points to a page.
Westman: I'm gathering some intel on the positions of our party members to this Green Montana.  It's getting to be a real bitch now, with a non-committal amount to this.
Herschelwitz: Considering how many politicians are owned by big labor and mining interests, how exactly do you plan on winning over the votes?
Westman looks around, like a deer in the headlights.
Westman: I have no idea.  None.
Herschelwitz grabs the journal before Westman puts his hand on his forearm.  Strongly.
Westman: Hey!  Don't touch!
Herschelwitz forces his arm out of Westman's hand and looks at the page that Westman was pointing at.
Herschelwitz laughs.
Herschelwitz: Seriously?!  This is all you got!
Herschelwitz turns the journal around to reveal......nothing.
Nothing.
Westman buries his head onto his desk.
Herschelwitz: Damn it Scott!  What's....what's....what's the point?  How're we going to win this Act.
Westman: The hell if I know!  I expected full party backing on this and now only 60% or so of the damn hardons in our own party support it!  I mean really, what the hell do they expect from me?  The Cure for Cancer!?
Herschelwitz: Well, a conventional microwave oven would be a good start.
Westman: Nah, forget that.  We can't afford 90 of those things.  Besides, they bastardize the food quality why bother?
Herschelwitz: Nah man.  I like mine just fine.  By the way thanks.
Westman: You better like it you hump.  It cost me $2,300.
Herschelwitz: Hey for you that's nothing!
Westman: Well considering that I got it for you, it's a lot.
Herschelwitz: Thanks for the vote of confidence, dickhead.
Westman: What do I look like to you?  A f***ing charity for the f***ing mentally retarded?
Herschelwitz: Well you could be nicer, considering that I am seeing Brea....
Westman: I disagree.  It gives me full license to treat you like the second class citizen you really are you child molester.
Herschelwitz: Come on dude.  Don't pretend like you wouldn'tve done something similar.
Westman: Really Carl?  She's like a niece to you.  And now you guys are fu-forget it.
Herschelwitz: No we haven't, unlike you and my sister!
Westman laughs.
Westman: Really Carl?  You are going to bring up Jennifer?  Man, that's so different.  She was 17 and I was 28.  A lot of people would call that "nature".
Herschelwitz: I don't believe this.
Westman: And most importantly, I wasn't a grown ass man living under the same roof as her when she was EIGHT F***IN YEARS OLD!  YOU SICK PERVERT!
Herschelwitz laughs.
Herschelwitz: Asshole.  Anyway, Mr. Hardon, you got anything?
Westman laughs.
Westman: Oh yes, Mr. Coulter came by earlier.  Wanted to wish us luck on Green Montana.
Herschelwitz looks at him.
Herschelwitz: Please don't tell me what I think you're about to tell me.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #964 on: August 03, 2012, 12:00:45 AM »

October 21st, 1950
Buckingham Palace
London, England
8:21 AM:

It was a dreary day in London as Sir Ronald Ian Campbell headed towards Buckingham Palace.  On this day he had a bit of a hesitancy, as King George VI had sprung this meeting on the Privy Council at the last minute.  For what purpose he didn't really know.  All he knew was that the King said it was of "great importance".
Campbell enters the building and nods to the guards there.  He proceeds to towards the staircase when his is greeted by a fellow Privy Counsellor, Patrick Gordon Walker, the Secretary of State for Commonwealth Relations.  He greets him with a wave.
Campbell: Patrick!  How're ya?
Walker: Oh great.  Besides this bloody weather.  Looks like it's going to storm hardtime today.  I'm going to hate the commute home.  And this early summoning, is doing hell on my knees.
Campbell: Tell me about it.  This latest bout of news from Pakistan is concerning, what with the revelations of unethical conduct unbecoming of our British Officers!
Walker: Oh yes, the sex controversy.  I know all about that.  How disturbing..
The two get to the door of the council room and open it.  There are a number of counsellors and miscellaneous other figures standing around the table with a few lazies sitting around.
Such lack of decorum around these days.
Campbell then looks over to where the King is sitting.  He observes an American of over six feet tall with fiery red hair talking to the King.
William Westman.  The Ambassador sent from America about a year and a half ago.  However, in his short time here he has managed to go quite a bit further than the usual bounds of an Ambassador relationship to the King.  He managed to become one of his closest confidantes.
What Westman's game was was beyond Campbell.  After all, whatever grievances he has against Westman on his crudeness and lack of manners, Westman was effective.  Hell, he sometimes forgot that he was on the American government payroll.  Perhaps, by working into the good graces of the King, he could turn the UK towards American interests.
Westman looked over at Walker and waved.  With that infamous accent of his, New York Yankee with the unmistakable tinge of an Irish brogue, he yelled out.
Westman: Patrick!  Ya old devil!  Howrya!?
Westman walks over to Walker and pats him on the back before turning to Campbell and extending his hand.
Westman: Sir Campbell, nice to see ya on this fine marnin'!  How be the wife?  I fancy her ya know!?
Unforgettable sense of humor he has.
Campbell: Fine Willie, just fine.  May I inquire what brings you here this fine morning?
Westman: Georgie thought I should be here for some reason.  Said it was urgent.
The King rises from his seat as the room becomes dead quiet.
King George: I realize that many of you are wondering why I have summoned you all here at this ungodly hour.  Well it turns out there has been a great tragedy.  Early this morning I got a telegraph from Sri Lanka.  Prime Minister Senanayake, whose people we granted the trust of independence to his care, has died from a stroke.  Our hearts and our prayers go out to his family.  I say we all have a drink of wine to honor his passing.
Westman: Damn right!
The King laughs, but nobody else seems to be in a cheerful mood.
The rest of the assembled crowd stand as the wine crew comes through and starts handing out wine glasses.  After a minute all the assembled men had glasses as the servers left.
King George: A toast!  To a great man!
The men all raise their glasses, and at once take a drink.
King George: Which brings me to the order of business here.  Senanayake's death leaves open a spot on this council.  I haven't much time to think about a replacement, but I do know I want the most qualified and honorable man to take his place.  A man of high moral character and authority.  A man I know I can trust to give council to.  A man worthy of personal audience, on his request, to this great Monarch.  I know, this kind of decision takes time.  However, there is one man, standing tall above others, who I feel entrusted to grant this title to.  A man who has, in his short time here, only given and given to us and not ask for any in return for his duty and service as a proud emissary of a fine republic.  One of the finest Americans I have ever known, the United States Ambassador William Westman!
Immediately there are gasps of shock heard around the room.  Yes, there had been foreigners on the council before.  But, those members were overwhelmingly members of states that recognized the King as it's head of state.  And more often than not, those members were Prime Ministers.  Willie Westman was not only just a mere ambassador, he didn't even bow to the King!  He didn't recognize the sovereignty of George!
Yet, George made him a part of this sacred council.
He's an American!
Campbell: Outrage.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #965 on: August 03, 2012, 12:38:14 AM »
« Edited: August 03, 2012, 12:47:07 AM by James Badass Monroe »

"After his time in the UK, William Westman was much closer to becoming Prime Minister of England than he was President of the United States.  As much as it may pain many British Conservatives to admit it, but they have an Irish Catholic born and raised in New York City to thank for reinvigorating the right in the United Kingdom.  As well as his natural ability to have the Monarch's ear.  Needless to say, he got along quite famous with the late King George, even becoming his favorite golfing buddy towards his last years.  And my oh my, the suspect relations between the American Ambassador and the Queen Mother by publicity seeking biographers!
His influence on the young Queen Elizabeth was legendary.  The young idealistic woman was arguably smitten by the traditionalist Westman who was a religious Catholic who encouraged her to take her role of symbology seriously and leave politics to the big boys.  Further, it would be an act of excessive dishonest to pretend that the Queen's children weren't at all influenced by the Westman family, considering that Prince Albert and two of Westman's daughters were playmates and also babysat the infant Princess Anne.  One of these girls, Rebecca, would even go on to become a US Representative in New York State."
-Jonathan Primrose, UK Political Historian.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #966 on: August 03, 2012, 12:58:14 AM »

Motherf***er!
Scott Westman thought as he considered the situation he was in.
Union interests were now down on his ass.  Twenty House votes he seemed assured of were now divided over the Green MOntana Bill.  Which meant that at the most he had 31 reliable votes.  In his own party.
Such little hardons, these House members.
The Senate was a different story. Westman got an assured vote from 21 of the 27 Democrats in the Senate chamber.  With some arm twisting and maybe a few Republican votes the Senate was a safe vote.  Thank goodness for moderate hero chambers!
However, the Conservative Party was diehard against the Green Montana Act.  So were a number of Republicans and "labor" Democrats who saw it as too radical.  Westman figured that Coulter could swing him 12 votes or so from the Republican side.  With a little bit of arm twisting he could negotiate the Green Montana Act while surrendering on the Land Values Tax.
With 12 Republican votes in the House.
However, was it really worth it?
Did Westman come into office to sign a green energy program devoid of it's teeth or did he come with the idea to bring forth a revolutionary industry?  Meaningless pandering, or effective action?
Agreeing with Randy Coulter and getting rid of the Land Values Tax would destroy whatever momentum Scott Westman had.  It would effectively say "yes Republicans, I do surrender.  I compromise to your position just to pass a Green Energy bill."
What horsesh*t.
However, without Coulter's help Westman would need to do a hell of a lot of arm twisting.  With barely half the Democratic House Caucus supporting his plan enthusiastically, he would have to come up with some sort of plan that would allow him more votes while also not completely bastardizing the plan.
There would be too much sacrifice if Westman caved into Coulter.  Even if he had blackmail on him.
Dare him to use it.  Dare him to use it.
However, sometimes political realities just bite.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #967 on: August 04, 2012, 12:04:13 PM »

April 20th, 1987
Flathead Lake
Cont.:

O'Connor:
Sorry Scott, but the answer is "no".
Westman looks shocked.
O'Connor: I'm not even sure I would go back now.  I'm convinced, the more time goes on, that I've outlived my usefulness.
Westman: Well what're you going to do?  Just stay in Portland with your faegetty failosopher friends just doing nothing but smoking weed?  Over and over you f***ing pothead!
O'Connor: Hey, what's that you got in your hand?
Westman: I just do it occasionally.  You however, make a living out of it.  You smell so much like weed that even weed smokes you.  You don't smoke weed, it smokes you.  And you know it.  Thank god though, I can keep this $5 million instead of help a marijuana fanatic like yourself into congress.  Thank f***.
O'Connor looks insulted.
O'Connor: NO, I just prefer more philosophical pursuits.
Westman: Of course you do, pursuits like this bullet going through your forehead.
O'Connor: Haha, yeah I guess you could say tha-----at!  What the hell!?
Westman has pulled out a .44 magnum and has it pointed squarely at O'Connor's head.
Westman: Are you f***ing kidding me!?  You think I would let you get away with this!?  You will go, motherf***er!  You will go!  And you will accept this $5 million, or I will bury your drug addicted ass in this lake!  Do I make myself clear!?
O'Connor laughs.
O'Connor: Ha, very funny.  You wouldn't.
Westman: You sure about that motherf***er!?  Don't test me!
O'Connor: I know you love guns Scott, but surely you aren't authoritarian enough to even consider shooting another human bei-
WAAAAAAAAAAABAM!
O'Connor looks on in shock as Westman's 44 magnum recoils as the bullet flies out of the barrel and obliterates a vase on top of the fireplace and leaving a sizable bullet hole in the wall behind it.
O'Connor: GWAH!  HEY MAN WHAT THE FU-
Westman: Shut up!  And do your job!
Westman pushes a switch on the side of his magnum.  A laser beam comes out of it.  It is pointed square at Thad's forehead.
O'Connor: Your wife and kids.  They will hear you.
Westman laughs.
Westman: Yes, but surely you would know by now that political consequences don't scare me.  Either you help me O'Connor and I give you $5 million, or you don't help me and I make sure you stay retired.  Forever.
Westman clicks the gun.
O'Connor looks at him, with contempt.
O'Connor: Go f*** yourself Governor.  F*** you!
O'Connor extends his right hand and lifts the middle finger.
Westman laughs.
Westman: Well, it's going to be hell of a mess to clean up.
Westman extends his arm out and aims the gun squarely at O'Connor's forehead.  He pulls the trigger.
CLICK!
O'Connor lets out a huge sigh of relief.
Westman laughs.
Westman: Got you motherf***er!  Well, you got guts man, and principle.  You passed the test.
O'Connor looks at him questionably.
Westman: I was testing your resolve to refrain from bribery.  I handed you a briefcase with five million dollars in it and you refused.
O'Connor: I also refused to run for the US Senate.  At the threat of death.
Westman chuckles.
Westman: Of course you did.  Because it is in your resolve not to run for the Senate.  Why?  Because you will run for Governor.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #968 on: August 10, 2012, 12:16:00 AM »

January 29th, 1987
Montana Governor's Office:

Scott Westman is busy observing a piece of Ancient Arcadian artwork when the Senate Minority Whip, Randy Coulter, walks in.  Westman motions for him to take a seat.
Westman: Senator!  So good to see you!
Coulter seems overconfident as he strides to the seat in front of the Governor.
Westman, noting this, laughs.
Coulter: Is something funny Governor?
Westman waves his hands.
Westman: Funny how more cordial you get when you think you will win Coulter.
Coulter chuckles.
Coulter: You amuse me Governor.  You think that I think that I will win out of this?  That this deal somehow benefits me?  Green Montana will still happen (bites lower lip).  Something I'm not exactly overly thrilled about.
Westman: But you and I both know that you have scored the decisive death knell to Green Montana after ripping out it's teeth.  How the hell is this program going to be remotely effective if you want me to scrap 80% of it's funding?
Coulter: Well, I guess it's time you make do with what you have.  Practice what you preach Westman.
Westman: Oh, so suddenly you care about fiscal conservatism!
Coulter waves his finger in the air.
Coulter: You misunderstand me Scott.  You see, I disagreed with Richard on the budgets.  I repeatedly tried to warn him about his feel-good platform.  I know I know, I'm one of his best friends.  What a load.
Westman looks at him intrigued.
Coulter: You seem surprised Governor.  Does it shock you that Republicans stood against their own Governor?  Or was it hard for you to keep up with who said what and who did what when you were busy sexing DC Reporters and barely legal Hollywood starlets?  Damn your pretend concern, Westman.  I don't have any pity for your kind.
Coulter bangs his fist on the desk.
Coulter: However, damn it, you actually seem to care.  For whatever reason, you, a Democratic Governor, actually give a damn about fiscality.  However, you seem to be too much concerned, preferring to subject the people of this state to some of the most oppressive taxation rates in the entire country rather than help repair this state's lackluster econom-
Westman: Cut the bullsh*t Randy.  You damn well know, though you won't admit, that with as low as federal rates are that my increases aren't doing a f***ing damn to this economy, except guarantee revenues where they didn't exist before!  And don't you dare turn this into a party hack issue, you damn well know that I am a lot more laissez faire than any other Democratic Governor would've been!  I've at least considered the options, rather than stick to some misguided idiotic "deficits don't matter" philosophy of your buddy Peters!
Coulter: Maybe.  Maybe you're right.  However, there is no reason to further propagate some insane Georgian fantasy of yours on this state when it is clear that in doing so you will cause much suffering.  A Land Tax?  Have you lost it?
Westman: Maybe I have.  But, that doesn't mean I can't compromise with you over this.  Implementing this program immediately would have consequences in an election year, no doubt.  Rather, maybe we can delay the start of this program.  And maybe, just maybe, I can give you an extra year to wrap your mind around the idea of a Land Values Tax.  In exchange, I will sign any efforts from the Legislature to reduce, if not eliminate property taxes.  Now more than ever Randy, you got to have faith.
Coulter laughs.
Coulter: Perhaps you've forgotten that I hold your career by a thread!
Westman looks at him bemusedly.
Westman: Perhaps you do.  But, so far I've got no reason to fear career threatening scandals.  With my batting average, you might as well ask yourself if it's worth the risk.  You can turn in those photos, Coulter, or you can get on board the train.  You and your buddies.  Do you want to go down as that one desperate Peters partisan who couldn't let go of the past?  Who refused to go along with Governor Westman's historic Green Montana?  Do you really want to be remembered as the Bad Guy?
Coulter chuckles.
Westman: The ball is in your court Senator.  I have no field advantage.  You can either cast your vote in with the inevitable Democratic majorities in the House and the Senate.....or you can release your evidence to the media and thus destroy my political career.  In either case rest assured, I will not stop you.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #969 on: August 10, 2012, 01:07:33 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2012, 11:31:20 AM by James Badass Monroe »

January 31st, 1977
Washington, D.C.
US Capitol Building
Senator Westman's Office:

Scott Westman had been drawing furiously on the schematics board in his office as well as taking notes on his journal for the better part of a nine hour workday.  It was just a few days after his first bill proposed had failed.  The bill, an effort to limit oil and gas subsidies, had failed tremendously due to a coalition of Republicans, Constitutionalists, and "Big Money" Democrats.  Westman had barely managed to get the votes of a few weird Republicans and only the most staunch of very liberal Democrats to vote for it.  Not even Senator Kennedy was brave enough to support Westman's bill, probably too afraid of alienating moderate Republicans back home in the Bay State no doubt.  Senator Udall, however, being in a good humor managed to give a scathing attack on the do-gooders after they voted against Westman's first attempt.
Well, you've certainly warmed up to at least one person in your first weeks here.
The vote of Senator Hatfield, admittedly, came as a huge shock.  The newly appointed Republican Senate Leader had a history of bucking the party, and a few weeks in he seemed to continue the tradition.  And unlike many "moderates", when Hatfield bucked the party line it was almost always good news.  Scott Westman, despite his ingrained distrust of Republicans, had a genuine like of the old Oregon Senator and sought to make himself a rare bipartisan ally in the years ahead.
Westman takes a pen and draws a few lines through the center of the schematic before turning towards his typewriter and taking a few notes.
Damned typewriter.  I wish there was some way I could take notes quickly and efficiently without wasting so much damn ink.  Or a more convenient way to store information that doesn't involve mountains of paper.
Nobody knew what Westman had been working on as of late.  Truth is, Westman barely knew what he was working on.  The project had come to him in a dream last night.  A dream that involved the beautiful landscapes of scenic Missoula, a good amount of Mary Jane. . . . .and most importantly her.
5'10.  Crimson hair.  Pale complexion.  The smile of an angel.
His beloved and separated daughter Brea Westman.
Westman looks over at a picture of his daughter on her 13th birthday.  He grabs the frame it is in and moves it closer to him, petting the image of his daughter on the forehead with his index finger.
God, I miss you so much.
There were many things that Scott Westman had done wrong, leaving his little girl behind was by far the worst.
How the hell was I to know that the people were insane enough to elect me?  How was I to prepare for a move to DC in early August?  Was a move to DC even considered a remote possibility?  How could I-
Westman buries his head in his hands and takes in a deep breath.  It took all the effort in the world to prevent him from crying his eyes out.  People didn't understand him.  They all thought he was just some sex crazed moron who sleeps with reporters left and right.  They didn't seem to comprehend that Scott Westman, the man, was a very fragile man who was barely hanging on due to being separated from the one girl he truly ever loved.
And working on this project, whatever the hell it was going to be, was the only thing that helped him feel alive.  The only thing that made him feel whole in this time of separation.
Westman had no idea what had possessed him to begin writing this out.  Or to even consider a program of this magnitude and scope.  Nothing near this had ever been suggested to the Congress.  The program that Westman was working on was such that it took up his entire weekend and workday.  Laura had wondered what he was doing in the study for 18 hours straight on Saturday.  Watson called on Sunday evening wondering where Westman had hid from going to evening church, besides the bar.
It was a crazy plan, and it had no chance of success at this current rate.  It was becoming clear that this plan might have to first go through a trial run at a smaller level first if it were to gain any real momentum at the federal level.
The door knocks.
Biden: Hey Scott!  It's Joe!  Hey man, are you finally going to come out of your damned batcave and be sociable for a change?  I don't want to be the only loser at Lucky Tens, do I?
Westman nodded, got out of his trance and hid his pens in a nearby drawer.  He picked up the picture of Brea and kissed it.
Westman: Love you sweetie.
He puts the picture down and begins to grab his overcoat and his hat as Biden enters the room.
Biden: Holy hell!  What is this?  Some sort of Civil War re-enactment?
Westman: Uh. . . . . green technologies.  Anyway, let's go!
Biden: You don't think there might be somebody else we could ask?
Westman: Well, there is this one guy from Maine.  He's a little sketchy looking, but he's pretty cool.  I think he's a House member.
Biden: House member?  Huh, I didn't take you the type who would get friendly with the Reps.
Westman: WEll, I think of it as a duty of the cool kids.  To help the introverted youngsters feel better.  I think his name was Faddas O'Connor or something.
Biden: Huh, never heard of him.
Westman: Oh yeah, new guy.  Maybe if we wait out in the lobby he'll show up eventually.
Westman follows Biden out of the office, leaving behind schematics for advanced geothermal energies and his journal, the aptly titled "Green America".

EDIT: Just caught the error in date.  So sorry.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #970 on: August 15, 2012, 11:11:50 PM »

Announcement:

New Bio-Timeline by Progressive_Realist:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=157567.0

I recommend you guys check it out.  Sounds interesting.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #971 on: August 19, 2012, 02:33:08 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2012, 02:37:14 AM by James Badass Monroe »

Landing in the Present
August 18th, 1988
Holiday Inn, Missoula Downtown:

The man had spent most of his morning in the bar smoking cigarettes and knocking back cups of Whiskey and Canadian Ale.  As some of his friends would ask: Why?
Because there was nothing better to do at the time.  It was quite clear that he wasn't needed in the national campaign and that the Party would do fine without him.  Right now, he just needed to focus on his own job.
Hell, to be honest he didn't even WANT to help the campaign.  The campaign was a disgrace, a damned disgrace.  If it wasn't for the sake of a close family friend of his, the man would've stayed home and told them to shove the Keynote Address up their asses.
Scott Westman, in his typical Montana western wear, looks down into his drink and mutters:
Westman: Figures.
F*** friendship pal!  That didn't stop you in 1980 from speaking your mind!  And suddenly, in 1988, you feel as though you have to speak out for this candidate who has so far shown himself to be the Republicon Ticket's best friend?  F*** man, you suck.
Westman: Yeah, you too.
It isn't like Westman needed the extra support from a Keynote Address Speech anyhow.  His approvals were through the roof and the opposition bench was the weakest in decades.
Westman: Damn it David.  Why did you have to die, you selfish bastard?
With the lack of a "movement candidate" to get behind, Montana Conservatives have thus found themselves in a state of bitter disillusionment.  As a result, they had to make a pact with the Republicans to run a joint ticket in 1988.  However, due to a series of events set off well before the 1988 Election Season, the joint ticket was lucky if it polled 33%.  As far as Scott Westman was concerned all he had to do was sit back and drink beer and watch tv.
And keep his sexual urges under control.
If you've got an inch to scratch, best to see the wife good sir.
And then there was this latest thing with Nora going on.
Goodness, that woman drives me up the wall.
Nora had been staying with Westman at his Flathead Lake Estate for the past several months.  Well, technically she had been there for a year and a half if one were to count the time that Thad O'Connor dwelled there.  However, by the time of the Maine Gubernatorial bid things were starting to get bad between the two what with Thad moving to Maine and all.  Especially with Thad getting reconnected with Marie Lodge while campaigning.
I don't see what he sees in her.  Damn it, the woman is probably still a virgin saving herself for marriage.  Well, I hope she likes the smell of cannabis.
Westman takes a huge puff of his cigarette and puts it in the ashtray on the table.  The hotel stewardess comes back with another Whiskey and Ale.  Westman gives her a five dollar bill.
Westman: Thanks again Collie.
Collie: Welcome, Governor.
At first it was easy for Westman to stay removed from the situation.  But then he and Caroline started fighting again and he found himself kicked out of the Mansion in December.  As a result, Westman ended up having an extended stay at his Lake Estate and had to now resort to weekly air travel to and from work.  While living with his sister on Flathead Lake.
I wish I had the space to build a f***ing Airstrip.  Would be much easier and convenient than driving to Kalispell Airport every Monday.
Which isn't to say that Westman and Caroline hated each other.  In fact, their sex life had never been better.  Every night Westman was in Helena, every night he had sex with his separated wife.
Is it even accurate to call her "separated"?  At this point you guys act like any other normal married couple.  The only thing that is off here is living a day's car travel away from her.  Do you really need that much space to think?
Westman chuckled.
Westman guess the real reason he stayed was his sister.  He felt like he was obligated to watch over her now, given her recovery from a hardcore drug addiction.  As well as a need for emotional support.  But no, that's still not it.
Westman moved back to his Flathead Lake Estate to have sex outside of marriage.

Disclaimer: But definitely not with his sister.  That would be gross.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #972 on: August 21, 2012, 10:37:04 AM »

February 1st, 1987
Washington D.C.
Conference Room:

President Phil Crane is meeting with his cabinet.
Crane: Damn it!  WHen will we ever get close to finding who bombed New York?  Bill, why are we looking like such hardons?
Buckley: Well, it's becoming apparent that a foreign power wasn't behind this.  All the evidence points to terrorist action.
Crane: Really?  The freaking Irish terrorists weren't a dead giveaway?
Rockefeller: Mr. President, now is not the time for sarcasm.  From what we've gathered the bomb experts were former members of the Derry Liberation Army.  Guys who have a grudge against the "Democratic Republican states of the West".  They still haven't forgotten the interference of American jet fighters in the Derry Conflict of 1969.
Mattingly:  You know, if the isle didn't erupt in non-stop violence after the British pretty much gave them independence we wouldn't be dealing with these issues.
Buckley: Easy Christian.  Obviously, the ramifications of a United Ireland weren't considered carefully at the time.
Mattingly: Ramifications like over 100,000 dead?  Over a million and a half fleeing the country?
Rockefeller: Son, please, this isn't the time.  We got more pressing matters than to discuss something that we just can't change.  Yes, we know there is involvement from DLA members.  A lot of those mercenaries are up for well paying crimes.  Organized Crime.
Crane: Don't tell me you guys are considering harassing Richard Callahan again?  Remember how much of ass he made us look?
Rockefeller: Not quite.  Maybe we were a little hard on him at first, but by now he might give us some help on who might've done this.
Christian Mattingly stands up in protest.
Mattingly: Sir, are you suggesting that we try to negotiate with a known criminal?
Rockefeller nods solemnly.
Rockefeller: Chris, if you got a better plan than that I'm all ears.
Mattingly waves his hands incredulously.
Mattingly: Are you f***ing kidding me sir?
Crane: Chris, settle down.
Mattingly: You are talking about cooperating with Richard f***ing Callahan!  The man has probably ordered the killings of untold thousands just to make a profit in many third world nations!  His corrupt influence shapes the actions of the world's most corrupt states!  Now I don't care if he has the motherf***ing cure to cancer, my god what will happen to us if we dare to be in bed with this madma-
Buckley: Chris!  Things have forced our hands!  Like the death of over a million Americans!  If this was just some regular tenpenny bombing then yes maybe you would be right!  But massive large of life, American blood, was lost!  And if we have to talk to the Devil himself to destroy whoever did this so be it.
Mattingly sits back down with a look of defeatism.
Buckley: Besides, I'm sure that Callahan would probably have all the reasons in the world to expose whoever did this.  He is always on the move to eliminate possible competition.  Maybe this is a start.  And, it helps that we got his confidence man in custody.
Rockefeller: Yes, let's just hope we can get that man into Witness Protection soon enough.  We can't deal with the political backlash that could occur if we hold him longer.  He knows people.
Buckley: I really hope that bastard Westman fails to pass Green Montana.  God knows how incompetent that would make the Democratic bench in Montana look.  We don't need yet another Democratic seat.
Paul Tsongas laughs.
Buckley: Well, there are always exceptions.  Obviously, the hawks in that party are of a massive benefit to us.  Especially Moynihan.  He would be a fine opponent to run against.
Rockefeller has a chuckle.
Rockefeller: Yes, he would make things interesting.  Better him than that radical ass Westman or his Uncle Udall.
Mattingly: I think I would prefer the radicals.  That way I would be certain to win.
Crane: To each their own.  I would prefer not having to run for election four times in four years though.
Mattingly: Let's just hope we win the war before the Democrats do, alright?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #973 on: August 21, 2012, 10:56:04 AM »

Westman moved back to his Flathead Lake Estate to have sex outside of marriage.

OMFG...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Wha? Thanks a lot, I was just getting excited... Sad
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #974 on: September 05, 2012, 08:38:55 AM »

February 2nd, 1987
Montana Republican Party Headquarters
Helena, Montana:

Representative McKitteridge:
Seriously?
Randy Coulter looks at the apprehensive Representative from Billings.
Coulter: Yes really.  This is the best deal we can get out of him.
McKitteridge: Bullsh*t!  We got everything on this guy and yet you want us to just let him pass this!?
Coulter: Look, Westman is getting this passed whether we like it or not.  You think I like this bill?  I don't, I hate it in fact.  However, if we don't appear bipartisan we threaten our own careers.  Hell man, you are lucky to still be in office.
McKitteridge: How can the people like this libertine bastard?  He married a Kennedy, just so he could f*** her!  I mean, not even for the politics of it!  Just for the sex!
Coulter: Settle down John.  He just has the goods.  The goods.  He could be caught in a child sex scandal and still beat 90% of the candidates we run against him.  This move is pure political survival.
McKitteridge: We got him in a corner damn it.  We can end his career-
Coulter:-and we might end up doing him a favor-
McKitteridge:-which is exactly what you are doing.
Coulter: He dared me John.  He DARED me.  Either Scott Westman is the biggest fool in the history of politics, daring his opponent to blackmail him, or he has a Zhuge Liang complex.
McKitteridge: A Romance of the Three Kingdoms reference?  I didn't know you were that cultured Randall.
Coulter: Damn right.  I spend countless hours reading that sh*t when I avoid the wife.  Greatest series, ever!
McKitteridge shrugs.
McKitteridge: Really?  A Zhuge Liang complex?  Can't you just say he's a Magnificent Bastard?
Coulter gets a smug look on his face.
Coulter: Well yes, I guess I could.  At least I get to call him a bastard.
Both men laugh.
Coulter: I mean, it's like Westman is purposefully setting this whole thing up!  Everything!  Getting his Lt. Governor to resign, the wave of liberalization, his blatant stance against Defend America, hell it wouldn't surprise me if he even gave us this sh*t with Helen just to prove a point!
McKitteridge: He's trying to build some sort of cult of personality or something.
Coulter: Yes. . . . . and if we blackmail him he might get out of office sooner.  However, he would still get this passed and it would take us years to undo the damage.  Whereas, if he's still in office come January 1989 we can hope to pass some sort of pro-business agenda, with his help.  He can give us valuable Democratic votes that otherwise wouldn't go if there were a Republican Governor.  You want to play overlord, Scott Westman!  Well two can play!
McKitteridge gives Coulter a look.
McKitteridge: Maybe Scott Westman isn't the Magnificent Bastard, is he?
The two men clink Budweiser bottles before proceeding to drink.
Coulter: I'll show him what a real bastard looks like.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies