A general redistribution of wealth poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:06:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  A general redistribution of wealth poll
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who can stimulate the economy better
100 guys with $100,000

1 guy with $10,000,000

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: A general redistribution of wealth poll  (Read 2105 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2010, 01:39:19 AM »

Look at star bucks and McDonald's.

Yes, perfect examples of exploiters who make a large income off of the toils of poors.  But perhaps you meant to be funny.

No I didn't mean to be funny. If the people are so against it then they should stop shopping at Walmart and Starbucks so that they go out of business. Anyone who doesn't understand that without customers, you can't have business does not understand simple economics. Stop going there if you don't like it.
And anybody who understands the practical application of modern economics should know that most people don't actually have choices in where they shop.  I can't buy toilet paper at the local record shop.

For many Americans, Wal-Mart is the only feasible choice for toilet paper.. and their demand for toilet paper is bigger than their willingness to forego it in order to avoid Wal-Mart.

This is just another example of the "if you don't like it, leave" philosophy of the right... it gets really old and tired.

So you're against Walmart and what it does but can't help but to shop there? Just shop where things are more expensive then. Gets old and tired? But it's the cold hard facts. I like that Walmart is cheap because it allows me to save money and stimulate the economy elsewhere. The founders of Starbucks and McDonald's weren't given their companies, but had to make them work first. The idea that the corporations and small businesses should be regulated by the government is a philosophy of the left.... it gets old and tired.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2010, 02:13:58 AM »

If the people are so against it then they should stop shopping at Walmart and Starbucks so that they go out of business. Anyone who doesn't understand that without customers, you can't have business does not understand simple economics. Stop going there if you don't like it.

No, Derek, if people are against them they should require them to pay a $15/hour minimum wage, or nationalize them.  We have no obligation to acquiesce to their control of us.

Work wherever you want and if you aren't doing well start your own business. I know it's hard to start a business when you're not Goldman Sachs and donating all kinds of money to the democratic party in exchange for favors, but it can be done. This is America and in this country we all have the right to free enterprise where we can make things happen for ourselves.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies