Small Towns (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:47:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Small Towns (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Small Towns  (Read 1753 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: June 20, 2010, 10:03:28 PM »

My alma mater was in a town of 5,000 residents (Alva, OK), about 75 minutes from the nearest bigger city of 48,000 (Enid, OK), about 2 hours from the nearest mid-size city, Wichita, KS and about 3 hours from a metro area of about 1.25 million (Oklahoma City).  The bad thing is Alva was a huge city compared to the surrounding holes-in-the-wall.  The biggest town real close was 2,500 people an hour's drive south in Fairview, OK.  Most of the towns in Woods County (where Alva is the county seat) have less than 1,000 residents.  The town of Waynoka which is 28 miles southwest of Alva is the second-largest town in the county with about 950 people.  The third biggest town is Freedom, OK with 300 people and the fourth biggest is Avard, OK with a grand total of 26 people.  The entire county only has about 8,500 residents and is one of the bigger counties in the region.  The eastern neighbor to Woods County, Alfalfa Co. has a county seat of 1,700 residents (Cherokee) and the western neighbor, Harper Co. has a county seat of 1,100 residents (Buffalo).  So, to a town like Avard or Freedom or Waynoka, Alva looks like Oklahoma City, OKC looks like Dallas, Dallas looks like New York, and New York looks like Tokyo or Mexico City.  So, I know what small, isolated towns are like.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 05:28:06 PM »

I actually had to do that once when I was little. Worst experience ever.

Was it Christmas time and your present a Red Rider beebee gun?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies