General Senatorial Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:39:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  General Senatorial Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: General Senatorial Discussion  (Read 27051 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: July 25, 2011, 02:43:24 AM »

I believe the process of the massive OSPR amendment was a mistake. There was a fundamental change that was the cornerstone of the bill, but there was a constant barrage of amendments that were basically formalizing things already in effect. I admit I got lost in it and forgot about the first issue taken up in the bill as the other issues were discussed. When the time came for the final vote, I loooked over it again and worried that it would allow complex bills to be pushed through in 24 hours without debate, and it seems that fear was warranted.
You had 24 hours to object.  I don't think anything in the drought bill was controversial... but if you want to call it wasteful or whatever... then go ahead.

But I'm sick of the right wingers in the senate not really doing much of anything, and then complaining about procedures not being followed or simply "abstaining" on half the bills put forward.

Yet you guys get the highest approvals because the monolithic right is uniformly opposed to the left while the left is willing to give you guys a chance.  And I can't for the life of me figure out why.. because none of the right actually proposes any bills or offers meaningful amendments.  They simply vote no or "abstain" (another word for cop out) and whine and complain about procedure.

If you don't like the way things are done, CHANGE IT.. but that might involve work.  And who wants to work when all this really is, is a dress up popularity contest?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies