How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:52:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 50
Author Topic: How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have?  (Read 124650 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: May 22, 2012, 07:36:24 PM »

For the record, I definitely agree that the infraction system is broken. Lately I've just been moderating without even looking at the post moderation board (it takes forever to load and slows the whole forum down and the numbers are overrated by everyone anyway).
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1051 on: May 22, 2012, 07:37:31 PM »

I wasn't asking who did it. I asked if you did it yourself because I don't think a non-Mod would have bothered reporting a post like that one. I also think that for posts like that, it should be up to the Community to decide.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1052 on: May 22, 2012, 07:38:55 PM »

I wasn't asking who did it. I asked if you did it yourself because I don't think a non-Mod would have bothered reporting a post like that one. I also think that for posts like that, it should be up to the Community to decide.

Then feel free to suggest changes in the system to Dave or Nym.  We're all unhappy with the points system, and if you have (serious) ideas on what'd be better, nobody's going to object to you bringing them up.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1053 on: May 22, 2012, 08:57:48 PM »

look, I didn't complain about the 25 points yesterday, it was a touchy topic.  but infracting the one in this thread today, a thread used for that very humor, was straining way too hard.

but enough about it already - all this posting about me is weirding the jmfcst out...and we don't want that to happen
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1054 on: May 22, 2012, 10:45:46 PM »

Whether there are infraction points and what types of posts are edited or deleted by moderators are two separate issues that people tend to be too quick to conflate.  I doubt that much would actually change if we were to now do away with infraction points, because it wouldn't automatically change the standards of what gets moderated.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1055 on: May 25, 2012, 12:14:20 AM »

Down now.

Reported Posts: 135
Moderated Posts: 52
Infraction Points:   29
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #1056 on: May 25, 2012, 08:10:26 AM »

Down now.

Haha jesus.

0/0/0.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1057 on: May 25, 2012, 08:13:21 AM »

Down now.

Haha jesus.

0/0/0.

Well BRTD has almost 64,000. posts so it's not sooooooo bad.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1058 on: May 25, 2012, 09:12:55 AM »

I'd like to point out that even the mods aren't as uptight as my haters clearly, since less than 40% of my reported posts are being acted on.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1059 on: May 25, 2012, 10:23:31 AM »

I'd like to point out that even the mods aren't as uptight as my haters clearly, since less than 40% of my reported posts are being acted on.

Yes, well our little crew in general has much more talent in dishing it out, than taking it, don't they? Tongue
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1060 on: May 25, 2012, 03:58:46 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2012, 05:20:21 PM by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

Reported Posts: 202
Moderated Posts: 104
Infraction Points: 98

apparently, posters can create threads to discuss whom they would hypothetically change their sexual orientations for, yet "holy of holies" is not allowed to used by the jmfcst as a code word for vagina?

Booooooooooooo
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1061 on: May 25, 2012, 04:03:17 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2012, 05:20:33 PM by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

Reported Posts: 202
Moderated Posts: 104
Infraction Points: 98

apparently, posters can create threads to discuss whom they would hypothetically change their sexual orientations for, yet "holy of holies" is not allowed to used by the jmfcst as a code word for vagina?

Booooooooooooo!

Well I would not infract I suspect, unless in a bad mood, but one little problem is that the question was about kissing, not a request to catalogue the entirety of your portfolio of sex acts, particularly when well, the actors involved are prepubescent. Just a thought. We live in a complex world don't we?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1062 on: May 25, 2012, 04:36:00 PM »

Well I would not infract I suspect, unless in a bad mood, but one little problem is that the question was about kissing, not a request to catalogue the entirety of your portfolio of sex acts, particularly when well, the actors involved are prepubescent. Just a thought. We live in a complex world don't we?

...obviously, there is always at least one Mod in a bad mood.  But, though unsightly, my account was just a kiss, and the poll did have prepuberencent (word?) age categories...so, at the every least, it was a slight case of entrapment.

Now that I am at 98 death points, the calculus has changed and I can't even pass gas...according to my calculations, on May 28th,  8 death points will roll off, taking me potentially down to 90...but then I have to wait until around June 15th for another 16 points to roll off.

Now, seeing that we’re about to enter a long weekend, I probably wont be logged back in until Tuesday, which could allow my total to drop to 90…but the idea that I could survive on an allowance of 10 death points until June 15th is possible, but, however….unlikely.

But..hold on a second...I have put pencil and paper and calculated that if I stay off the following boards until June 15th, I might just survive:

Off Topic
Forum Community
2012 U.S. Presidential Election
The Atlas
Forum Community
U.S. General Discussion
International General Discussion
Off Topic

Which basically means if any of the following events occur in the world between now and June 15th, I’m a goner: war (International General Discussion)…politics (2012 U.S. Presidential Election, U.S. General Discussion)…or more black girls posing for pictures in my living room (Off Topic, Forum Community, The Atlas).

But, I know my oldest daughter is having several of her friends spend the night tonight, so maybe I should just draft my Last Will and Testament and sign off…
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1063 on: May 25, 2012, 07:56:50 PM »

Are her friends black?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1064 on: May 25, 2012, 08:02:47 PM »

yes, but some more than others:

there's been a change of plans though, my daughter is coming home alone after the 6th round playoff softball game, so none will be staying the night.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1065 on: May 25, 2012, 08:04:43 PM »

Ah yes, the pic that prompted Eraserhead to exclaim "Look at all those potential Herman Cain supporters!"
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1066 on: May 25, 2012, 08:11:29 PM »

And jmf's "you're gonna confiscate my black girls"
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1067 on: May 25, 2012, 10:24:26 PM »

0-0-0
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1068 on: May 25, 2012, 10:26:14 PM »

Reported Posts:    51
Moderated Posts:    20
Infraction Points:    7
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1069 on: May 26, 2012, 01:14:34 AM »

At my confirmation retreat, an actually legitimately cool youth pastor (In hindsight I realize he was very possibly a stoner, at the least he wasn't above underage drinking/providing minors with alcohol) gave a talk and at one point used an analogy of you walking through the streets, finding a very cool and expensive car with the doors unlocked and the keys remarkably inside, getting inside for just a joyride, then ending up crashing and wrecking it, and getting busted and thrown in jail. Then while sitting there thinking of what's up ahead someone unlocks the door and lets you out. It's the owner of the car. And he says that he's going to serve all of your sentence and cover all the damages. You don't have to do anything, you are free. And then explained that's what Jesus did for us.

I think the 0/0/0 people bring up a good example. Imagine you did a drunken trolling spree or whatever one night, and then woke up with almost 100 death points and on mod review. But then a poster who had never ever trolled, never said anything offensive and never accumulated a single death point announced that you had a clean slate and he has taken all your death points and consequences. That's what Jesus has done for you.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1070 on: May 26, 2012, 01:40:23 AM »

At my confirmation retreat, an actually legitimately cool youth pastor (In hindsight I realize he was very possibly a stoner, at the least he wasn't above underage drinking/providing minors with alcohol) gave a talk and at one point used an analogy of you walking through the streets, finding a very cool and expensive car with the doors unlocked and the keys remarkably inside, getting inside for just a joyride, then ending up crashing and wrecking it, and getting busted and thrown in jail. Then while sitting there thinking of what's up ahead someone unlocks the door and lets you out. It's the owner of the car. And he says that he's going to serve all of your sentence and cover all the damages. You don't have to do anything, you are free. And then explained that's what Jesus did for us.

I think the 0/0/0 people bring up a good example. Imagine you did a drunken trolling spree or whatever one night, and then woke up with almost 100 death points and on mod review. But then a poster who had never ever trolled, never said anything offensive and never accumulated a single death point announced that you had a clean slate and he has taken all your death points and consequences. That's what Jesus has done for you.
If THAT was the method by which I was Saved by Christ- I'd be Jewish...
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1071 on: May 26, 2012, 01:54:16 AM »

The key is knowing where the boundary is.

I am happy to admire the car - I know that's fine, it's appropriate, s'all good.

I am happy to touch the car - maybe it's not appropriate, but nobody is really going to mind.

Sometimes I might even sit in the car - sure it's not completely accepted, but it's not doing harm.

Once in a while, I'll turn the engine on - it can feel good to hear the engine thrumming, and it can be exhilarating to do something forbidden.

But that's where I draw the line. What kind of prick 'just takes the car for a spin'? And not only does so, but does so badly enough to crash? If you're going to drive the car, make sure you've got the skills to get away with it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1072 on: May 26, 2012, 02:13:57 AM »

It wouldn't even cross my mind to get in the car, much less drive it somewhere.  It's not my car.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1073 on: May 26, 2012, 10:45:46 AM »

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SidetrackedByTheAnalogy

Whether you'd actually do that is not the point. He had a lot of buildup though in the hypothetical. Also consider he was talking to 12-13 year olds.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1074 on: May 26, 2012, 10:48:24 AM »

Who he supplied with beer at a youth camp. Classy guy.

I didn't get sidetracked by the analogy, by the way, I used it to explain the realities of the situations.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 50  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies