How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:32:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have? (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have?  (Read 125203 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: June 24, 2010, 06:44:29 PM »

Reported Posts: 1
Moderated Posts: 0
Infraction Points: 0
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 11:47:48 PM »

*I have gotten a couple of friendly emails....and I do recall having "paki" edited once, I wonder why that isn't included.Huh

As I recall, that was more of a cultural thing where some people found it offensive, and some didn't.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 10:49:14 PM »

Now I have four reported posts.
DOn't know what this one is about.

Can't you view them?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 05:53:21 PM »

tell me again what happens at 50 points?  does mod review mean your post has to reviewed by a mod before it shows up?  and mod review only lasts 5 days?  and 100 points means youre banned?

50 points = mod review
Yes
I'm not sure
No - you get muted for a week or 10 days.  But so far, that's never happened without a ban being instituded after the mute goes into effect.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 06:06:11 PM »

50 points = mod review
Yes
I'm not sure
No - you get muted for a week or 10 days.  But so far, that's never happened without a ban being instituded after the mute goes into effect.

100 points in 90 days would seem to be almost impossible to pull off, that's a JCrew-level flame-war every two weeks over a span of 3 months.

Other than Derek, 100 points has only ever been achieved when the mods mute somebody due to a spam attack or threat of a spam attack by a confirmed sock.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 06:33:57 PM »

Other than Derek, 100 points has only ever been achieved when the mods mute somebody due to a spam attack or threat of a spam attack by a confirmed sock.

since you've opened the files.....define spam attack?  and how did Einzige (sp?) fall into that category (wasnt paying attention to him at the time)?

I forgot about Einzige.  That was my mistake.  He was muted when the mods made a decision that Dave had to make a decision about whether or not banned posters can come back.  He was muted until that decision could be made.  As far as I can remember, the rest have been posters we muted who posed a threat of spamming (Hamilton, Jamespol, etc.).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 06:35:26 PM »

more importantly, if banning means reaching the nearly impossible level of 100 points (ok, muted, then banned), what's the point in this whole infraction system???!!!

because, it seems like you're telling me that, except for spammers (which are obvious banable offenses, with or without an infraction system),  Derek is the only one who reached 100 points, and you had to invent a "too stupid to post" violation category especially for him.

so why even bother with the current system?  (rhetorical)

First, there was no violation category invented for Derek.

Second, and I should make this clear, a person does NOT have to reach 100 points to get banned.  We have banned posters with less than 100 points, and it's still possible.  But at the point that you reach 100 points, a ban is pretty much inevitable.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 01:20:35 AM »

No.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 01:22:07 AM »

First, there was no violation category invented for Derek.

yeah, but wasnt he banned without actually violating the written TOS, simply because he views were not deemed logical and didnt represent any other known person on earth?

what I am saying is that these nickel and dime infractions dont amount to a hill of beans since getting 100 of them within 90 days is pretty much impossible.  and those who were banned were banned for obvious reasons which had nothing to do with crossing the threshold of 100 points.

i know it seems like I am whining now just because I am a stone's throw away from 50, but once my point total goes down - and it will go down - my argument is going to make a lot more sense - the infraction system is basically irrelevant to every poster, even to most of the ones who were banned (because they didnt reach 100 points), and it needlessly wastes the time of the moderators.

No, that wasn't why he was banned.  And, while the point system may be pointless, it ultimately helps in deciding bannings.  If a poster is consistently at or around 50 points, they have a much higher chance of being banned than someone who never goes above 10.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 10:20:05 PM »

Where be the rum?

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 11:12:01 PM »

Just made this for when people use the bad words:

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 11:42:24 PM »

I think inserting my 'ole copyright images into people's posts was a lot more effective for me than assigning points ever has been, haha.

I like the design! Maybe the text should fade to yellow instead of green though, to match his outfit?

Too late... I had to do each line on it's own, and I don't have the patience to redo all of the text (do you know if there's a way to do multiple lines in one creation in Gimp?)

Also, here's another one I made (yeah, the background's a bid screwed up, but I'm not a pro like Lunar... I'm jealous of his graphic design skills):

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 07:24:56 PM »

As long as it's not part of a personal attack, you bet your ass you can, you silly ass.

That is! I'm reporting you to moderator... oh, wait, you're a moderator Sad

You could've just said it without actually reporting it...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 07:30:49 PM »

As long as it's not part of a personal attack, you bet your ass you can, you silly ass.

That is! I'm reporting you to moderator... oh, wait, you're a moderator Sad

You could've just said it without actually reporting it...

I thought you guys will be amused.

No... it's a waste of my time and inbox space.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 08:35:30 PM »

An honest question:

Can Mods do whatever they want and get off scott free? Or does Dave really keep such a watchful eye...?

No.  Both Dave and mods have infracted other mods.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 10:31:55 PM »

In theory, I would assume so.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 10:34:19 PM »

No.  Both Dave and mods have infracted other mods.

Often unfairly, might I add.

I mean, what was wrong with this?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ahh, yes... innocent Al is always getting picked on:

I once told him to eat a shotgun and I maintain that that was good advice.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2011, 03:29:11 PM »

Does anyone know if the infraction points are reduced after a certain while?

All reported posts of mine have been reported by Kallvaid, and all infraction points I received I got from Mikado. Does anyone know where I can raise a complaint?

Both of those claims are untrue.  Not even all of your infraction points came from boards Mikado moderates...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2011, 10:23:01 PM »

« Last Edit: Today at 07:46:02 pm by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

Go get'em tiger!

I'll always be your Spiderman, if you'll be my Mary Jane.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 09:58:57 AM »

38-24-6

It's kinda weird how it works out for me. Sometimes I'll post something, and I think to myself "hmm that will probably get infracted, oh well!" and then it never even gets reported. And then some other totally random post I thought was harmless I'll get infracted for. lol.

you submit maps, bgwah.

So you're saying we don't ban/punish people who submit maps?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 11:56:55 AM »

I just got five death-points for criticizing the system in this very thread.  And so it begins again.

You got five points for trolling about the system, not actually criticizing it.  Nothing that we have done to you comes anywhere close to a "beating".  You're trolling, plain and simple.  If you wish to genuinely criticize the system, you are 100% free to do so.

And jmfcst, you too were trolling about the system.  Even your signature shows that you are proud of the fact that you are a troll... you wear your points and punishments as badges of honor.  I've stuck up for you in the past, and was one of the few who argued for leniency in your first ban.  You've turned around and taken that gesture of mercy and thrown it to the ground and proceeded to  spit on it.  I really don't want to see you banned; you're a nice guy, and most of the time, you're a good poster, but you have this troll streak in you that you always promise to overcome, but you never do.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 11:59:34 AM »

I agree about Inks point pile on

did you mean "I agree that Inks is piling on"  or did you mean "I agree with Inks' point [you should have been infracted for that post]"?

No I disagree with Inks infracting you in THIS thread...it's a bitchfest thread to begin with.....if he doesn't like it just delete the whole thread and move on.  JMO

I think that'd go over even worse than locking the Deluge. Wink

And I have nothing wrong with complaining about infracted posts.  I think it's healthy to challenge the mods on infractions, and I welcome it.  If anyone here thinks I've treated them unfairly, I want you to tell me.

But that's not what opebo and jmfcst have been doing... they take it a step further and cross the line from complaining to trolling, and that brings not only the quality of the forum down, but when the mods crack down on them for their trolling, they play it off as the mods are crushing dissent, and that's not my intent of infracting their posts.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »

Inks at what point do you see where you are actually the one trolling? Im being serious.

How am I trolling?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2012, 12:08:52 PM »

I think you meant Mr. Moderate, not Mr. Morden Wink

sorry, I don't have eyes in the back of my head

Even that is taking this whole thing not seriously.  If you took the time to look, you would at least know that Mr. Morden wouldn't have been the one to give you those points.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 12:17:58 PM »

It's not jmfcst's fault two mods have similar names.

(Not that that's a big deal or the "fault" of said mods either before anyone gets any ideas, just pointing out it's a fairly honest mistake.)

I'm not saying that it was his fault initially.  Even I've made that mistake.  But to say that he couldn't know because he doesn't have eyes in the back of his head is going a bit far.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies