How many times have you been arrested? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:31:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  How many times have you been arrested? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How many times have you been arrested?

4+

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Author Topic: How many times have you been arrested?  (Read 67583 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« on: November 01, 2004, 11:50:10 PM »

I was kicked out of a Michigan football game once. I've gotten a couple of speeding tickets. Those are my only brushes with the law.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 12:43:44 AM »

Well I needed to get my being kicked out of the Michigan-Northwestern football game in 1999 out in the open. It could be used against me in a future campaign...being ejected for throwing a marshmallow at a friend. Potentially HUGE scandal if I had tried to cover it up...
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 02:36:45 AM »

Let me guess, any of them related to marijuana possession? Smiley
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 02:49:37 AM »

Let me guess, any of them related to marijuana possession? Smiley

Dammit.  That's not funny.  Cheesy   LOL

Sure.  Of course.  They were all mostly for piddly sh__.  Nothing very exciting.  Some good stories, though.

That's good to know. If you had fun and didn't hurt anyone, that's all that matters.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 03:19:44 AM »

I love arrest stories.  I have never been arrested, though I have had a couple of close brushes, and of course I've had a few speeding tickets.

My closest brush involved the time I went drinking with a buddy of mine, and we got into a mock fight in the parking lot when we left the place.  Somebody must have thought we were serious and called the cops.  My friend left and I was pulling out of the place when a cop pulled in and signaled for me to pull over.  He asked me to wait while he investigated a call they had gotten.

A short time later, he let me go.  My real concern was not the fight, which was clearly not serious, but the possibility that I may have been over the legal BAC limit.  My driving record was not great to begin with at that time - I had just been to court for my second speeding ticket within a short space of time - and I didn't need more trouble.  Luckily, nothing happened.

That same friend got arrested once for driving a moped the wrong way up a one-way street and zig-zagging between cars.

I used to like engaging a little bit in drunken and disorderly conduct, and I liked to do things like knock over, bend, or otherwise damage signs.  Another thing I used to do is go out driving with a couple of friends late at night, and deliberately go the wrong way up one way street, running red lights and stop signs.  I could still do it now, under the right conditions.

NYM90 - Your football game story reminds me of something that happened to a couple of friends in high school.  They were caught at the heinous crime of throwing soda cans at a football game.  The following Monday, the dean made a whole announcement to the school about how such idiotic behavior would not be tolerated.  They were given a whole week of after-school detention, plus a Saturday detention.  It was pretty funny.

StatesRights - I want to hear your arrest stories.

Yeah, I was throwing marshmallows at some of my friends. Got ejected and given a $50 civil infraction...that seemed pretty bogus to me.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 08:26:32 PM »

I've never been arrested.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 09:41:25 PM »

Earlier in the thread, you told a funny story about throwing marshmallows at a football game, and getting fined for it.  I guess that's the closest you've come to getting arrested.

I've never been arrested either, though I could have been on a few occasions.

Yeah, that was it. Getting thrown out of the football game and the speeding tickets is about the extent of it.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 09:46:24 PM »

Once.

I threw one of those fast food cups half full of orange soda at Rick Perry. I missed though. Sad

At the Governor? Wow. I'm surprised you didn't get in a lot of trouble for that. I guess they forgave you for missing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies