A Message to All Republicans Here...yes, I'm back for the next 24 hours only...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:32:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  A Message to All Republicans Here...yes, I'm back for the next 24 hours only...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: A Message to All Republicans Here...yes, I'm back for the next 24 hours only...  (Read 39899 times)
MarkDel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 02, 2004, 12:24:11 AM »
« edited: November 02, 2004, 12:28:13 AM by MarkDel »

A Message to All Republicans Here...yes, I'm back for the next 24 hours only...because it's VERY important.

Unfortunately, it is time to deal with the fact that there is a very good chance that John Kerry will be the next President of the United States. Your initial reaction will be one of either anger, disbelief or sadness. My initial reaction will be to get stinking drunk, go down to the nearest Starbucks and beat the sh**t out of some latte drinking Democrat...BUT, I am about to tell you something that I think is very important. You need to put aside the anger and other feelings of negativity and remember that you are an American first, and a partisan second.

That's why I am telling you that we, as Republicans, must pledge our full support to a Kerry Administration. You have a duty as Americans to support the Commander in Chief at a time of War, and we ARE at war even if the majority of Americans seem to act like we're not.

For the next four years, you MUST NEVER undermine Kerry by nitpicking over his decisions related to national security. If, and when, he makes mistakes in the War on Terror, you should be decent, patriotic Americans and keep your criticism to yourself. I know the temptation will be great to travel down the same sordid path the Democrats have the past few years and place your ideology, and partisan ambitions over the welfare of this nation, but if you do that, then you are no better than the Michael Moores and other LEFT WING POND SCUM (like a few posters on this site) who have behaved in that fashion during the Bush era.

Unlike our foes in the Democratic Party, we are Americans first and Republicans second. We do not and MUST not sit back and root for bad news in the War the way so many Democrats have this year. We are better than that...and America needs us to be above the vile behavior that has plagued this nation the past few years.

And if you cannot follow my advice for the sake of duty to your country, or if your disdain for Kerry and the other Leftists is so great that you feel unable to put aside your bitterness...then DO IT FOR THE BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN WHO ARE PUTTING THEIR LIVES AT RISK ON A DAILY BASIS.

So shut up and support Kerry as President in the War on Terror no matter how much you think or KNOW that his actions are wrong. You and I owe it to those soldiers in the field to do NOTHING that might weaken their resolve or shake their confidence in their missions. And contrary to what our Left Wing buddies will tell us, it DOES hurt the troops when Americans sit back and criticize the war and question our motives, or our ability to emerge victorious. If you don't believe me, go talk to them...I do on a regular basis with all of the friends and family members I know who are serving in either Iraq or Afghanistan...and they have been dealt a severe, disheartening blow over the past year to see the bitter arguments over the War in this country.

This must stop. And if our Democratic friends lacked the restraint, decency and sense of duty to follow the proper path this past year, the responsibility falls to us to right this wrong and convince our soldiers, and the rest of the world, that the United States is truly united when we place our sons and daughters into harm's way.

So many of you here are very, very young and may not have a full appreciation for what I am saying, but I am confident that most of you will see the wisdom in my words. I know it is difficult...believe me, I have more fears and more misgivings about a Kerry Administration than ANY of you. I have a baby daughter who just turned one last week, and another baby on the way, and I lie awake at night (as I am right now) in fear that they will never have a future, or that they will grow up in a nation that has become a mere shell of what it once was. So yes, I fear John Kerry and the ing appeasement monkeys in the Democratic Party...more than any of you, but I have risen above it and will speak no ill of him for the next four years when it comes to matters of NATIONAL SECURITY. He will be our President, we must hope that we are wrong about him, and we must do everything in our power to help him and our armed forces win this monumental struggle against the forces of Islamic Extremism.

I hope and pray that I am wrong about him...and I hope and pray that you follow my advice in this matter.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 12:35:47 AM »

PLEASE STAY!!! Without you this forum has been really dull.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 12:54:51 AM »

It's refreshing to see someone who doesn't follow the party line with respect to your predictions on the election results, but I can't agree with your message.  You're saying people have a patriotic duty not to criticize the President no matter how much he screws up?  That seems totally antithetical to democracy and freedom.  Maybe I'm missing the sarcasm?
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 02:20:07 AM »

Mark,

I was going to wait until after Bush won to send you an e-mail with a question that's been on my mind.  If you could trade Bush beating a ninny from Massachussetts for the Yankees beating nine ninnys from Massachussetts (wait, make that eight, because Schilling's the ing man), would you?
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 02:40:48 AM »

Mark,

I was going to wait until after Bush won to send you an e-mail with a question that's been on my mind.  If you could trade Bush beating a ninny from Massachussetts for the Yankees beating nine ninnys from Massachussetts (wait, make that eight, because Schilling's the ing man), would you?

Laughing.  Good reading.

Mark, this is a very thoughtful post.  It is hard to argue with.  I hope you will find time to post once in a while, not just for the next 24 hours.

fb

(aka LWPS)

Wink
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 02:57:54 AM »
« Edited: November 02, 2004, 03:05:29 AM by freedomburns »

Sounded like a post I made awhile back, good show Mark.

I remember that post Fresh.  It was also very thoughtful and it had similar sentiments.  I really have to say that I am surprised that I have decided on the pragmatism of the same idea.  If Bush gets elected tomorrow, he is going to be my Commander in Chief for the next four years.  Despite my visceral distaste for Bush and his cronies, it serves my interests, and the interests of my country.  United we stand; divided we fall.

I have a fundamental disagreement with Mark and JF and SR and other Republico-fascists (j/k) that we should even be at “war” or that there really even is a “war on terrorism”.  Criminal acts should be dealt with with police powers.  Interpol and the CIA should handle it, and they are.  You can not make war on a noun.  All wars on nouns should be ended.

This is not a war.  It is a series of police investigations and intelligence operations.  To even call it a war is fear mongering for political gain, and war-profiteering. 

That is my position.  War is not the answer.  It is the problem.

fb
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 03:01:21 AM »

We only call it a war on terrorism, but its actually a war against Jihadism, which can actually be defeated through the proper political, social, and military initiatives.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 04:46:32 AM »

We only call it a war on terrorism, but its actually a war against Jihadism, which can actually be defeated through the proper political, social, and military initiatives.

If you wanna call it a war against "Jihadism" you could almost call it a war against heresy...

There are two forms of "Jihad"... the most importent one is an internal struggle with yourself to achieve great things etc... while the lesser Jihad is a mission to convert unbelievers to the ways of God.
Christians and Jews ("The Peoples of the Book") are supposed to be exempt from this.

So Bin Laden is a heretic: not only does he ignore the peaceful and positive message of the greater Jihad (I forget the correct word) but he mis-interprets the lesser Jihad to a horrifying extent
Angel of Death
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 05:20:55 AM »

I see the racist troll, MarkDel, has returned.

As for your message, I'll let Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States of America, do the responding:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Consider the entire message emphasized.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004, 05:23:01 AM »

You don't undermine someone's efforts to wage a war for the good of the country. Disagreeing is one thing, the Iraq opposition is bordering on mental illness.
M

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2004, 08:42:29 AM »

Mark, it's good to hear from you again. You're absolutely right, of course, that if Kerry wins tonight (G-d forbid!) we will have an obligation to support him as our president and commander in chief. Republicans should not even think about aping the dems over the past four years and developing a cult of hating Kerry.
That said, I fear a Kerry could be quite bad for this country, perhaps worse than Carter. The problem is not just that he would mismanage the war, but that he thinks there is no war. Unfortunately, the terrorists and their rogue state allies have yet to receive this memo, and think there's still a war on. Also, Kerry would reverse Bush's move towards an opportunity society, pushing the needed redefining of the welfare state off into the unknown future. And the isolationist anti-trade junk of the dems this year would give FDR a heart attack- and for good reason, it could be exceedingly damaging to the world.
But I have a good feeling right now. I really do. We'll see.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2004, 10:19:07 AM »

I think MarkDel is just a tad pessimistic.

But in any case, I will never respect Kerry and will consider him nothing other than a sham. I will never refer to him as President or Commander-in-Chief. Just the same old demented Apocalypse Now wannabe that thinks his initials are grounds for being in charge.

I will never root for Americans to die. Except one. If terrorists can get to Kerry without taking anyone else with him, I would have no negative feelings.
elcorazon

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2004, 10:53:06 AM »

I'm going to be the bad guy here and disagree mildly with MarkDel.  I agree with the idea that whoever loses this election lose gracefully and that the partisanship and complaining cease quickly as soon as we know the results of the election (and I sure hope there's no need for litigation of any sort this time).  But if Kerry wins, I fully expect Republicans to criticize him on issues with which they legitimately disagree.  I oppose knee jerk criticism of every decision he makes, but choosing to shut your mouth if you really truly believe he's making mistakes serves no legitimate purpose. 

As a democrat, I urge Republicans to continue to support their president, but at the same time to criticize his decisions when you disagree.  I intend to do the same thing if Bush is reelected.

All that said Mark, I respect your posting this here and wish you the best.  Stick around.  You're a valuable contributor here.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2004, 10:57:59 AM »

well Mark and Fresh, I'll give you guys credit for not being hypocrites. I was wondering if Republicans would say the same stuff as now under a Kerry admin.

However, I have to say that I disagree. You may criticize and bash Kerry all you wish and it would not bother me. I'm not going to be a hypocrite either.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2004, 11:03:15 AM »
« Edited: November 02, 2004, 11:05:24 AM by supersoulty »

Mark,

It is good to see you back.  Please, stay.

That being said, I think this is our year.  Don't freat.

And Mark, it is a hard pill to swallow, but I agree, we must show our support.  That doesn't mean that we have to like everything he does, but, at least on FP, we should support him.
Mort from NewYawk
MortfromNewYawk

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2004, 11:50:52 AM »

Mark:

Don't sweat. Just get out there and vote, and take your like-minded friends with you! I could be wrong, but I believe we'll win FL and the nation.

And if we don't, and if Kerry and Tereza spend the next four years making nice with Chirac and Schroeder to the detriment of the U.S. struggle for democracy in the Middle East, their blunders will be plain for all to see, many proud and patriotic Americans who didn't make a career out of being anti-war activists will rise up and find the right replacement for him in 2008.
CollectiveInterest

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2004, 12:28:23 PM »

I'm not cutting Kerry slack b/c he's the POTUS. If he's a screw-up I'm gonna call him on it. I will also continue to be an advocate on foreign policy issues.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2004, 12:32:24 PM »

Collective,

You never told me if you believe your prediction map.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2004, 01:33:51 PM »

I agree with Mark's sentiments, but I will still be criticizing the President. However, it shall be constructive criticism presented in a rational manner, as it should be. There are too many who let their personal feelings get in the way, making their criticism irrational, foolish, and ineffective. It is important that somebody is critical of what the government is doing, otherwise it would go unopposed and would likely go to far.
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2004, 01:36:21 PM »

Collective,

You never told me if you believe your prediction map.

Did I respond to your redundant posts already? What was my response? Why should I respond to you if you're too inattentive to notice when I do? Do you need attention from me? Why?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2004, 01:45:01 PM »

No, you didn't answer me. If you did, post a link.
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2004, 02:26:40 PM »

No, you didn't answer me. If you did, post a link.

Go Cheney yourself. You hunt around for it. You posted your question in a bunch of threads in violation of community norms.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2004, 02:28:09 PM »

you
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2004, 03:37:55 PM »

Wow, throwing f**k you around is so mature...

Really, this is such immature behavior. I can't believe people take their relationships with others so seriously on a message board.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2004, 11:33:22 AM »

MarkDel - Stay around a while.  I always enjoyed reading your posts.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies