WA: Rasmussen: Murray only ties Rossi
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:32:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  WA: Rasmussen: Murray only ties Rossi
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA: Rasmussen: Murray only ties Rossi  (Read 744 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 25, 2010, 08:33:51 AM »
« edited: June 25, 2010, 10:09:21 AM by WEB Dubois »

New Poll: Washington Senator by Rasmussen on 2010-06-23

Summary: D: 47%, R: 47%, I: 3%, U: 3%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 11:21:36 AM »

Why lol?

It sounds like it could be accurate, especially this early on in the campaign.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 11:25:12 AM »

Sounds accurate to me. This race will look always look close, when in reality Rossi needs a perfect storm to unseat Murray.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 11:40:46 AM »

Sounds accurate to me. This race will look always look close, when in reality Rossi needs a perfect storm to unseat Murray.

It could become a perfect storm though as polling in midterms early on, always shows the election as being close. Over the summer will be determining point in whether it is a Republican blowout or case of the Democrats holding on after suffering minor to moderate losses.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 12:52:35 PM »

Rasmussen is the best and most accurate.  They've consistently had their polls closest to the actual results since I started following polling.

That being said, I don't see Rossi winning this race.  A gubernatorial race is far more bipartisan and likely for the minority party to win and he couldn't do it, twice.  Now, he's in a Senatorial race in which most democrats won't think twice about voting for Patty. 

It will be tight, but I see him going down say 54-46%.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 01:02:56 PM »

Rasmussen is the best and most accurate.  They've consistently had their polls closest to the actual results since I started following polling.

That being said, I don't see Rossi winning this race.  A gubernatorial race is far more bipartisan and likely for the minority party to win and he couldn't do it, twice.  Now, he's in a Senatorial race in which most democrats won't think twice about voting for Patty.  

Of course if another Republican wave does happen it could sweep Murray out. So don't write Rossi off until around Labor day.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 02:21:48 PM »

Rasmussen is the best and most accurate.  They've consistently had their polls closest to the actual results since I started following polling.

That being said, I don't see Rossi winning this race.  A gubernatorial race is far more bipartisan and likely for the minority party to win and he couldn't do it, twice.  Now, he's in a Senatorial race in which most democrats won't think twice about voting for Patty. 

Not really.  Rasmussen seems to be fine when in close to an election, but puts up some very odd results when you are further away, at times not coming within 20 points of every other pollster out there.  Rasmussen seems like he uses an extremely tight likely voter screen. 
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 03:02:23 PM »

Not really.  Rasmussen seems to be fine when in close to an election, but puts up some very odd results when you are further away, at times not coming within 20 points of every other pollster out there.  Rasmussen seems like he uses an extremely tight likely voter screen. 
I will admit Rasmussen has put out some questionable polls, but for history's sake, I'd like to point out that he had Hagan ahead of Dole by 1 in May 2008. In February, when every other pollster had Coleman way ahead of Franken, Rasmussen gave Franken a 3 point lead.  Those are just two examples that contradicts statements that Rasmussen is a Republican hack and inaccurate.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 03:18:59 PM »

You're thing is that every republican leading poll is a bad poll.  Thus, I don't take you seriously with that nonsense.  Rossi's only chance in this race is a low turnout in King County and sweeping the burbs by huge margins.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies