Anyone here that doesn't like Mitch Daniels?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:10:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Anyone here that doesn't like Mitch Daniels?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone here that doesn't like Mitch Daniels?  (Read 3147 times)
redcommander
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2010, 10:04:26 PM »
« edited: June 26, 2010, 10:10:56 PM by redcommander »

Looking more into him I really don't like his political record or his chances of bringing enthusiasm back to a 2012 Republican Ticket. Does anyone else not like him?
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 10:14:18 PM »

I dislike Daniels mainly because he was hyped up here while there was nothing to back up the hype. His ties to George W. Bush are disturbing to begin with.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 10:21:24 PM »

I dislike Daniels mainly because he was hyped up here while there was nothing to back up the hype. His ties to George W. Bush are disturbing to begin with.

Right he just strikes me as another boring McCain-like Republican. The Republicans need someone energetic, or at least telegenic, that can take Obama down in the campaign.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 10:44:15 PM »

Those ties to Bush have been made up for by successfully turning Indiana around and successfully running a business.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 10:45:35 PM »

Right he just strikes me as another boring McCain-like Republican. The Republicans need someone energetic, or at least telegenic, that can take Obama down in the campaign.

Yes, like Ron Paul. I don't think there's any other Republican on the horizon to break the Bush-McCain mold.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 01:33:28 AM »

Those ties to Bush have been made up for by successfully turning Indiana around and successfully running a business.

Then minus not having the Bush ties, Republicans should be turning to Mitt Romney then.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 01:35:46 AM »

Then minus not having the Bush ties, Republicans should be turning to Mitt Romney then.

Except Mitt Romney has a mediocre record as governor. He's quite unpopular in Massachusetts.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 01:44:27 AM »

John Kerry was able to shake off the Hanoi Jane ties which was worse than a former 2 term president to have ties with. I mean really Bush Jr. is never going to be a factor again in an election unless he decides to run for something.
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 07:57:49 AM »

Well and this guy is Mike Huckabee just face it.

Or at least Sarah Palin could bring entousiasm
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 07:09:17 PM »

Matter of perspective. I don't recall him being hyped. I do recall him getting a lot of discussion. Primarily because he is not Romney/Palin/Huck/Gingrich/Paul that we have been discussing for ever.

And in my opinion, Daniels is the best you will ever get. Tongue

No Republican that has a chance at the nomination is going to seriously turn on national security and if they do, it will be a temporary head fake on one national security issue like Afghanistan. You might get rhetoric similar to that of Bush in 2000, but thats it. Welcome to the new Republican Party. Tongue
hcallega
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.10, S: -3.90

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 07:22:32 PM »

Matter of perspective. I don't recall him being hyped. I do recall him getting a lot of discussion. Primarily because he is not Romney/Palin/Huck/Gingrich/Paul that we have been discussing for ever.

And in my opinion, Daniels is the best you will ever get. Tongue

No Republican that has a chance at the nomination is going to seriously turn on national security and if they do, it will be a temporary head fake on one national security issue like Afghanistan. You might get rhetoric similar to that of Bush in 2000, but thats it. Welcome to the new Republican Party. Tongue

Right. Both parties are going to be interventionist for the near future, for better or for worse. Neither party will nominate someone who appears to oppose the War on Terror or international organizations.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 10:14:30 PM »

I think my "boner" thread made it clear that I don't think much of him... at all.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 10:42:08 PM »

eh, I have things I like and don't like about him. But I'm not excited for a 2012 run from him. I'll shrug, I'd vote for him. I'd volunteer if he's the nominee or it came down to him or Romney...but other than that nope
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 01:22:49 PM »

No thanks.

Except Mitt Romney has a mediocre record as governor. He's quite unpopular in Massachusetts.

^^^^
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 04:02:52 PM »

Me
milhouse24
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 07:46:19 PM »

I see Mitch as a strong VP candidate.  Guys that look good on paper and can help in Swing states.  Other strong VP contenders are Petreaus, Thune, Hutchinson.  But a smart VP pick will help win Ohio and even Santorum might be able to do that. 

But Mitch doesn't have a large personality.  He's the Republican version of Evan Bayh, boring mid-westerner with a good political resume but no one is excited to vote for him outside of Indiana.  Mitch could win Iowa and grind out a national campaign against Obama, but at this point he's not Bill Clinton and doesn't have GWBush's family name recognition to win voters.  He's not even a War Hero like McCain or Kerry. 

Sadly, Romney could win the nomination by Default because everyone is 2nd tier.  But Romney's barely above 2nd tier himself, with a very small base somewhere in michigan, utah, and NH.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 08:44:03 PM »

I see Mitch as a strong VP candidate.  Guys that look good on paper and can help in Swing states.  Other strong VP contenders are Petreaus, Thune, Hutchinson.  But a smart VP pick will help win Ohio and even Santorum might be able to do that. 

But Mitch doesn't have a large personality.  He's the Republican version of Evan Bayh, boring mid-westerner with a good political resume but no one is excited to vote for him outside of Indiana.  Mitch could win Iowa and grind out a national campaign against Obama, but at this point he's not Bill Clinton and doesn't have GWBush's family name recognition to win voters.  He's not even a War Hero like McCain or Kerry. 

Sadly, Romney could win the nomination by Default because everyone is 2nd tier.  But Romney's barely above 2nd tier himself, with a very small base somewhere in michigan, utah, and NH.

Pretty much this.  It's a better idea for Daniels to be a VP candidate and run later on.  Nevertheless he still has a high chance though.
milhouse24
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 06:22:05 PM »

Mitch also doesn't really want to run for President unlike the other contenders.  If he really wanted it, he could do well, its about having the passion for the national campaign.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 09:36:11 PM »

No thanks.

^^^^

Yes, Mitt Romney is a well-yesterday news. Deal with it, hacks.
milhouse24
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2010, 12:39:17 AM »

No thanks.

^^^^

Yes, Mitt Romney is a well-yesterday news. Deal with it, hacks.

I really think that if Romney is the GOP presidential nominee, we will see a 3rd party made up of Christian Tea Party members.  Romney has strength in the 3 states of Michigan, NH, and Nevada, and nowhere else.  He represents Wall Street I-bankers who fleeced the economy.  He has no military record and he's a radical mormon. 
GOP732
Rookie

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2010, 01:52:06 PM »

I dont like his hair. Sorry somebody had to say it.
milhouse24
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 12:42:23 AM »

I dont like his hair. Sorry somebody had to say it.

Doesn't he dye his hair?  but so did reagan
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies