Democrats on Iraq (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:20:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Democrats on Iraq (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats on Iraq  (Read 6075 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 28, 2010, 01:24:26 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl4JRMkm4hg&feature=related

What changed other than the political aspects? What a bunch of hypocrites! How stupid do they think we are? Do they not think we remember?
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 01:44:27 AM »

Since when has it been in doubt that ALL politicians are opportunistic, shallow, and deeply hypocritical beings?  It's not a particularly Democratic attribute nor is it confined to the Iraq War debate.

I'm just saying since Iraq seems to be the hot button issue of the decade. Both parties seemed to take the opposite side of what they were really on. What is your point of pointing out that "ALL" politicians are opportunistic? Does that make it right? I agree that MOST politicians are like that. I'm just glad that Bush gave peace a chance instead of darting in.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 06:28:12 AM »

Since when has it been in doubt that ALL politicians are opportunistic, shallow, and deeply hypocritical beings?  It's not a particularly Democratic attribute nor is it confined to the Iraq War debate.

I'm just saying since Iraq seems to be the hot button issue of the decade. Both parties seemed to take the opposite side of what they were really on. What is your point of pointing out that "ALL" politicians are opportunistic? Does that make it right? I agree that MOST politicians are like that. I'm just glad that Bush gave peace a chance instead of darting in.

Oh yeah, Bush definitely gave peace a chance in Iraq by starting an unnecessary war there.

Your party backed him up.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 08:47:14 PM »

Since when has it been in doubt that ALL politicians are opportunistic, shallow, and deeply hypocritical beings?  It's not a particularly Democratic attribute nor is it confined to the Iraq War debate.

Oh yeah, Bush definitely gave peace a chance in Iraq by starting an unnecessary war there.

Your party backed him up.

Not the whole party. Just the cowards who fell for Bush's lies.

The Scoop Jackson wing of the Democratic party, you mean.

And no, they didn't "fall for Bush's lies", they were themselves part of the lying propaganda machine.

Thank you Libertas.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 03:36:15 PM »

They were basically forced into voting for it because there was such a fear factor taking place and by voting against the war they would have been seen as weak on defense.

So? Was that the right thing to do according to you? How would you have voted?
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 06:34:09 PM »

They were basically forced into voting for it because there was such a fear factor taking place and by voting against the war they would have been seen as weak on defense.

So? Was that the right thing to do according to you? How would you have voted?

I'm 99% sure cpeeks would have voted against the war. I would have as well.

Is your name cpeeks?
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 01:57:26 AM »

I think it's funny how I have proved that the leaders of the democrats were for the war in Iraq and here everyone is trying to beat around the Bush. Look either the democrats weren't representing their constituents or they were lying? Which is it? I'm not sure which is worse.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 01:08:23 PM »

No your trying to vindicate Bush. He was the one that went before congress, and stood there and lied to congress and lied to the American people.

The democrats wanted to politicize the war by making it look like they were for it when it was popular and against it as it got harder.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 07:09:54 PM »

Point being: Saying that Democrats love war is a retarded statement that goes against reality. Democrats in the USA are obviously going to be more hawkish than the average European but they don't love war. From the start there was significant opposition towards the Iraq War among the Democratic base.

The Mexican-American War, World War I, World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, all initiated by Democrats.

Every Democrat in the Senate and all but one in the House voted for the Afghanistan war. The majority of Senate Democrats voted for the Iraq war, including Hillary Clinton and John Kerry, as well as a substantial percentage of Democrats in the House.

The Democrats have controlled Congress since 2006 and the White House since 2008. We are still in Iraq and we are escalating the war against Afghanistan.

So, sorry, the idea that the Democratic party is an anti-war party is just ridiculous. If it were, I'd have joined.

Ron Paul also voted for the Afghanistan War.

I would hope he did. Did anyone actually vote against the Afghanistan war?
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 07:31:04 PM »

It also seems that the democrats have been traumatized since Vietnam. Every war ever fought since then has been compared to Vietnam. It's ridiculous. Every war ever fought has been and will always be different.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies