Democrats on Iraq (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:31:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Democrats on Iraq (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats on Iraq  (Read 6066 times)
cpeeks
« on: June 28, 2010, 04:28:38 PM »

Bush darted straight into Iraq. I remember when I was at Fort Jackson in May 2002, one of NCO'S flat out made the statement that we would be going to war in the winter/spring of 2003. The Bush administration knew from the time they took office they were going to war in Iraq. Remember that nsc advisor who resigned and said on the night of 9/11 Bush pacing saying find me a link between this and Iraq, and him saying Mr. President there is no link.
cpeeks
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 08:07:19 AM »

They were basically forced into voting for it because there was such a fear factor taking place and by voting against the war they would have been seen as weak on defense.
cpeeks
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 09:18:16 PM »

Without a shadow of a doubt I would have voted against the war in Iraq, I was in the army at the time and knew then that it was bs.
cpeeks
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 10:50:46 AM »

No your trying to vindicate Bush. He was the one that went before congress, and stood there and lied to congress and lied to the American people.
cpeeks
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 05:35:11 PM »

The authorization they voted for was for 90 days not 9 years.
cpeeks
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 05:55:46 PM »

It also seems that the democrats have been traumatized since Vietnam. Every war ever fought since then has been compared to Vietnam. It's ridiculous. Every war ever fought has been and will always be different.

That is somewhat true, but there are some parallels. Where fighting insurgencies that have the support from the people and we are propping up puppets goverments that will fall as soon as our withdrawl happens. Like Colin Powell said when he warned Bush about invading Iraq "You break it, you bought it".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies