Biggest Precinct
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:49:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Biggest Precinct
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biggest Precinct  (Read 1213 times)
zachman

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 02, 2004, 09:34:59 AM »

My town of Bedford NH has a population of 25,000 and has one precinct (the local middle school). Does anyone know of a larger precinct anywhere?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 10:59:36 AM »

That's...like...insane. I don't wanna see the queues.
Jens
Angola

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 11:53:49 AM »

Can't beat that one but we've got several between 15.000 and 17.000. I have been a polling official at two of those. The first time it took us from 8 PM to 2 AM to finish counting the votes because some foll made a registration mistake
(I wasn't me. I stod outside all day in the very cold weather making sure that the voters went the right way). Last place in the country to turn in the result
muon2
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 06:33:30 PM »

My town of Bedford NH has a population of 25,000 and has one precinct (the local middle school). Does anyone know of a larger precinct anywhere?
How many judges do they have at the mega precinct? How many voting booths and machines?

My small precinct has about 680 registered voters, and about 430 voted on Tuesday. There were 6 election judges, 7 booths, one optical scan machine, and no lines.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 08:54:00 PM »

My precinct has around 900 votes and 686 turned out. One of the best turnouts in years. There were only three machines which would explain why there was a half hour wait to cast your vote in the morning.

2000 turnout - 34%
2004 turnout - around 76%

There are 80 more Dems than Republicans in my division and the reason why we had such a high turnout is probably because of the disapproval of Bush Sad  which is probably the reason why so many of our local candidates underperformed in my area.

And there are some quick facts about my precinct (commonly referred to in Philadelphia as a "division.")
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies